Are there any cpu whizzes out there?

how do I find the code? Is that the product #?
I honestly don’t know why anyone would use trashy windows PCs. My macbooks have never given me a problem…ever. Until my old one got old…and it is 10 years old…got practically unusable about 3 years ago. Still can use it but it is just too slow. Replaced it with another macbook pro and ZERO issues.

Did you try the Elan Smart Pad app? It’s supposed to be used to adjust settings for the touch pad.

trying it now. Thanks. Will let you know if it helps.

Well, it won’t work. This laptop has Windows 11 and the only option for OS drivers hp is giving me is for win 10. should I just try with 10?

I found a thread where someone looked for Win11 drivers and tried a driver for Win10 instead and that didn’t work. Strange that HP sell a laptop with Win11 and have hardware that there are no drivers for.

1 Like

HP for you. Just trash.

If windows pisses you off and hp sucks for you then delete the partition and install a linux distribution and run wine on it so you can access windows apps. There is more than one way to skin a cat but when your thoughts are only negative, you will never experience a positive outcome. It’s kinda ironic from a scripter whose hobby includes making others find pleasure. Well find pleasure in your trouble. My friend, think outside the box. You have enough power with everything to run a linux distribution like ZorinOS or LinuxMint. Have fun.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice…but you just went WAY OVER MY HEAD. I don’t know a thing about linux. At all.
Look guys…I am just in my REAL life an artist, a painter, and I teach art at university. I have INTENTIONALLY avoided computers my entire life as far as making art. I am a hands on person. I like to get dirty.
I am NOT a computer person AT ALL. So, I don’t know alot. All of you are def helping out.
I’m getting a bit more accustomed to this hp…it will do. Just got it to make scripts for you guys and gals (hopefully) and play them for myself. Because youse guys make some DAMN good scripts.
Please just know I APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR RESPONSES AND SUGGESTIONS. :metal:

1 Like

Or

The model numbers should be easy to find as theyre usually written on some stickers. If not, then hopefully these can help you identify it.

I feel your pain @EvelynEvil666
Even slight changes to the user interface causes a lot of frustration for anyone (just look at how quickly someone flips out when say their wireless mouse starts to work intermittently). Makes me spare a thought for people with eyesight or other accessibility issues.

At work I usually suggest people simply turn off the touchpad on the HPs cause they are forever inadvertently swiping across them while typing (2 taps top left of touchpad toggles it on and off).

I would definitely consider adding a wired mouse as discussed earlier to be an improvement (first thing I would do).

Its a shame the os software cycle seems to be part of the plan to make perfectly good hardware obsolete.

Good luck in your journey

1 Like

? What hardware is being made obsolete? Most PC hardware post-advent of PCIE and USB are compatible for many many years.

3 Likes

I think you got to curb your frustration a little. We all have made bad purchases in the past.

A $200 PC IMO will hardly be functional especially when almost all PCs on the extreme low end will be riddled with bloatware. Most LCD panels will cost you $200. Just think about it, you are comparing a $1000+ mac to a $200 laptop. Ive had my PC for ~8 years and it is still is faster than my macbook pro bc I have better hardware in my PC. My bud refused to have me build him a PC bc he wanted an Omen PC (made by HP) and that PC is fast even though he had to sacrifice an arm and a leg for it.

My suggestion is to return it or if you have exhausted all other options mentioned above or elsewhere to try reformatting the OS. Bloatware and other 3rd party applications can be interfering with the applications native to windows.

I hope you find a solution brotha :pray:
I say this as a means for you to move past your frustration and work on a solution to move past this.

1 Like

Thanks for the input. Yeah, I am over it. I KNOW $200 is nothing for a laptop. I just thought it would perform AT LEAST as good as the $150 Asus I have. :rofl:
I am most likely going to return it. I DEFINITELY am unable to reformat the OS and anything semi-complicated (at least for me). Computers aren’t my forte. Hell, guys…I am an artist. A traditional hands-on artist. I don’t do nor like digital work. It just isn’t for me. I like getting dirty!

Thanks again!

My 2 cents here (having built computers for 25+ years of my life) is unless you NEED portability - get a desktop. So much more reliable and better bang for your buck once you hit the 400-600 dollar mark. Hit me up if you need any input/advice.

1 Like

Well…I don’t like sitting at a desk and scripting. I lean back on my couch and pop it in my lap. I am not a sitting-at-a-desk creature. And again, I won’t spend 400-600 on a pc. I don’t have a need for a pc. All of my shit is apple…in art in higher education, EVERYTHING is apple. I teach art in higher ed…so. I mean…it really wouldn’t matter…because I don’t use technology that much in teaching other than showing jpegs and powerpoints. But it just makes things easier to be using the same as everyone else.
My budget going in was around 200 bones. It is what it is. I am making piece with it by just using the side bar? Hell, I don’t know what to call that thing that goes up and down. I AM NOT A TECHNOLOGICAL WIZARD BY ANY STRETCH. :rofl: Ask me about art, paint, drawing materials, artists, and I GOT THAT SHIT. Computers? I am lucky I figured out how to script!!! :rofl: :rofl:

OH…and I DO appreciate the offer. :grimacing:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.