Old sales post

Instead of a lockbox I would advise you obtain a travel suitcase. It’s probably easier to get and cheaper as well.

1 Like

12x12x12 should fit everything but might be tight. Maybe something just a tad bigger.

1 Like

Price increase at the end of year.

Sale ends in two weeks on Tuesday 12/13/2022

Discount code: BLACKFRIDAY

1 Like

Hi there.

Just found this thread, oddly enough, after reaching out to @g90ak about finding the owner of yourhobbiescustomized.

I’m reaching out because I’d like to build a SR6 All-The-Way, as I have the printers and filament, but I would like to simplify my sourcing challenges around individual parts.

Looking at the site, I don’t think I saw a SR6 All the Way Kit? Any chance you’d be willing to add one?

Please let me know what you think. Thanks in advance!

I would be happy to.

Here you go.

1 Like

Thanks for doing a sale!

The shipping info on the site says free shipping on orders over $150. When I place an SR6 With a Twist in my cart, I see that I’m getting free shipping. Then I add an adapter, I still have free shipping. However, when I add a second adapter (total in cart is SR6 and two different adapters), I no longer have free shipping.

Which adapter do I need in order to use a Quickshot case with the SR6?

One last thing. You say up top that payment can be made with PayPal, but I don’t see that option on the checkout page.

I paid with PayPal just a few weeks ago, and I think that option was available a step or two further into the ordering process.

Can someone tell me what firmware an SR6 comes installed with (when ordered from M0SAIC) currently? Is it Khrull or Tempest’s own, or something else entirely?

Well the option isn’t there now. I’ve clicked my way all the way through the checkout process and I’m still not getting Paypal or free shipping. The Country/Region and State names are also all in Dutch. I’m not in the Netherlands, I’m not using a VPN, I’ve cleared my browser cookies, and I’m seeing the same thing from three different devices so something screwy is going on with that part of the site.

Regarding PayPal

I am currently working with PayPal to get my services back operational with them.

They are not being clear on why but they have frozen my services and requested a lot of information regarding my business.

Part of that information is my photo ID which it is not up to date. I am getting it updated soon but, it could be as long as January 8th before my account if usable again.

Sorry if this is an inconvenience. I can provide expedited service if it helps.

@burtreynolds DMed

1 Like

DMed regarding firmware.

Cannot post PDF here.

I didn’t actually get a DM from you unless there’s a long delay with my notifications, but that’s okay. That’s fine about PayPal I just wanted to bring it to your attention. Do you mind addressing the free shipping issue and which adapter I need to use a Quickshot in its case with the SR6? I have an SR6 With a Twist in my cart plus two adapters and when I add the second adapter it removes my free shipping. This is a domestic US order by the way.

Looking into my shipping setting to try and clear that up.

A little feedback on the prebuilt SR6 I received yesterday:

It’s a more compact machine than I had feared, and my first impression is that it’s not too loud. I was expecting horrendous noise after reading some comments, but as long as you have two rooms/two doors between yourself and anyone who might hear, it should be ok.

The twist axis makes the most noise. I’ll open it up and see if maybe you forgot to smear vaseline on the gears.

I’m pleasantly surprised at the clever desk mount. I went and bought M6 screws and some wing nuts today to make it easily removable.

This little guy - dunno what it’s called, but it’s the socket where you plug in the power brick into the machine - was fastened only with two little zip-ties, so it fell into the housing the third time i plugged in the machine. No major crisis - I had the necessary screwdriver bits to open the enclosure and affix the thing with some superglue, which is probably what should have been done in the first place. Now it’s rock solid.
socket

The machine came packaged rather precariously. I realise the business is young, but maybe in the future you could invest in those baggies you fill with expanding foam to securely pack anything? Thankfully, nothing appears broken.

Out of the box, the calibration for at least one of the servos is a little wonky, so the “neutral” position of the machine isn’t quite neutral. It appears this must be adjusted in firmware, so now I need to learn how to access the Arduino code, which is somewhat more of a technical challenge than I had hoped for. I’ll get it done though.

On the topic of firmware - perhaps installing Khrull’s Tcode firmware would be a good idea? It’s got support for wifi, and you can adjust the settings over a web interface, which Tempest’s firmware doesn’t seem to have? Correct me if I’m wrong.

Lastly, the iLube module’s attachment isn’t compatible with the included desktop mount mechanism. It seems like a very simple thing to change in the design of the 3D-printed backboard. I’m going to use a hacksaw to get it done. No real problem, but not quite convenient.

All in all, I’m very grateful that there is a place to buy prebuilt SR6 machines, since I don’t have a 3D printer and would rather spend a few hundred extra to have someone do the job for me.

Now on to finding out why Khrull’s XTPlayer worked yesterday, but freezes constantly today. Oh the joys of beta software and beta hardware :wink:

Keep it up, M0SAIC - you’re doing the lord’s work!

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback. :slight_smile:

I will start adding some super glue here. I am also looking to invest in some panel mounting female dc connectors so it doesn’t need anything else to help hold it in place.

I will look into and experiment with something expanding , my fear is that the foam as it expands will either encapsulate or break parts in the process. I cover breakages from shipping and for 30 days after the device is received. I just ask that the shipping be covered. :slight_smile:

Out of the box, the calibration for at least one of the servos is a little wonky, so the “neutral” position of the machine isn’t quite neutral. It appears this must be adjusted in firmware, so now I need to learn how to access the Arduino code, which is somewhat more of a technical challenge than I had hoped for. I’ll get it done though.

I will take some more time to make sure I am not missing that step. Normally I do, I must have missed this one in haste. My apologies.

I am going to need to hear more on this one please. What issue did you run into? I did not design the I Lube and it is not an official release. But I can look into getting the design update and I will gladly send you the updated design for just the cost of shipping. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the kind words. Might I recommend MultiFunPlayer for your needs. I haven’t used XTP in a year or so Id say. It has been so long that I have considered removing it from the recommended players.

1 Like

When I use your website to start a offer ,it shows that"This order can’t be shipped to the address you entered. Review your address to ensure that all fields have been entered correctly and try again.".

For anyone else experiencing this issue.

I chatted with Shopify and they found an issue with my shipping profile.

Issue should be fully resolved now.

Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

The iLube addon attaches to the backplate of the SR6 by the two screwholes on the right side (as seen from the front of the device). All four screwholes on the backplate of the SR6 need to be used to secure the SR6 to the desktop mount you generously include with the order.

Therefore, to mount both the desktop mount ant the iLube, you need to sandwich the two on the right side, the desktop mount attached first if it’s supposed to go on straight. This would be easy enough, if it weren’t for the fact that the iLube attachment plate is too wide, so it interferes with the desktop mount and can’t be attached behind it. You simply need to shave of half an inch of material from the iLube plate, or alternatively make the desktop mount slightly wider to accommodate two additional holes to mount the iLube to it.

I hope I made that comprehensible - it would have been easier just to take some pictures, but I’m away from home at the moment.

Thanks for offering to send a revised part, but I’ll get it done with a hacksaw easily enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will add at to my check list of things to check when testing the build. There are spacers that are printed to “sandwich” in-between the mount and the SR6. I will ship them out to you first thing tomorrow. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

1 Like

What is the current lead time for a OSR2 with twist?