Breeders of the Nephelym

So this game has lovense support, has anyone been able to figure out how to connect the handy to it? I would really like to be able to use the handy and not have to buy another toy to use with this game.

2 Likes

At a glance, it looks like the developer used used Lovense-specific tools to implement support. I doubt it can be adapted easily to any other toy.

What one could try is to ask the developer to support the Buttplug library instead, which will allow someone to use just about every toy in existence, including the Lovense.

Looks like they may have a contract with lovense and are unable to implement other to softwares. Maybe someone could figure out how to get intiface to communicate with the game?

I have looked into this a bit for Wild Life. Those devs definitely have a contract with Lovense.

The way it works is that the game talks to another program, Lovense Remote, which is also on your computer. That, in turn, controls the Lovense device over their proprietary(?) wireless dongle. The Remote APIs that the program presents to the controlling game/app are relatively well documented, so my plan would be to just create another program with the same API on the game side but a different one (maybe Intiface) on the other.

The real issue, IMO, would be translating the vibration data to something that’s usable for something like the Handy because what you get from the game is a set of intensity numbers, a (single) delay in milliseconds between all of them and a total run/repeat time for the pattern. At least that’s what it looks like for the vibration.

Just mapping that to the Handy would result in really rubbish scripts. Then again, Wild Life’s integration with Lovesense is already bad and feels almost completely disconnected from the action. And they only use the vibration motor. On simple way to get something non-sucky out of it might be to just take all data and assign it an overall intensity score, then map that to a set of predefined motion patterns for the handy. But I haven’t actually done any of this.

Is it better in Breeders of the Nephelym?

I have no idea how well the scripts work with the game. I don’t have a lovense toy to try it with. Maybe someone could do something similar with this game that Dimnogro did with fallen angel? Even if we had to replace all the lovense scripts with our own for the handy, it would be nice to have more interactive toys that work for other toys.

1 Like

First time I’ve heard of any of that, do you have a link?

1 Like
1 Like

Is it better in Breeders of the Nephelym?

It looks like the patterns used by the toy are customizable in the game, so in theory it could be.

Any progres in this case