Connection problems with the Handy

Hey all,

For a few days now I have been having problems connecting to my Handy. I mainly use the script player, which has always worked, except for the last few days.

I have the following problem: I connect my Handy to the script player and I get the message that everything is successfully connected. Then I start a script (it is a script with a small file size) and I also get the message that everything has been downloaded successfully. However, my Handy does not move. I have already started the scriptplayer as admin and restarted my Handy several times.
Everything does not work.

Occasionally I also get the message Error: Timeout Machine.

I really don’t know what the problem is and would be happy to fix it.

I am currently in the process of creating a local host, but without success. Unfortunately I don’t know where I can enable the port in Kaspersky (or do I have to change the port in my router settings?).

Thank you very much for your suggestions!

1 Like

I have a similar problem with heresphere (via virtualdesktop) and SLR.
For some reason the Handy very irregularly disconnects/fails to upload scripts once I go from one video to another or mess around with the script speed and I’ve to unplug/plug the power for it to reconnect. It’s definitely not my wifi.
I’ve yet to find a solution. :neutral_face:

1 Like

This happens a lot with mine on script-player but I have not had any issues on the official handyfeeling site.

Do you use bluetooth, and with an usb dongle?
If so you might want to check the device settings to see if there are conflicting devices. Last windows update caused my motherboard bluetooth to be turned on again and cause conflicts (5s after connecting devices would disconnect again). Once that was turned off, it worked fine again.

If using a direct connection, you might want to try to use:

To me it gives better error feedback. Although it has a few downsides:

• anoying to set up initialy
  • has no limiting, so scripts going severely above the max speed will cause a desync error (red blinking error on device)
  • videos must match script names or one of the 2 isnt loaded

For debugging potential issues having several programs to run scripts does help. If my handy is showing random errors, the first thing i do is check if scriptplayer also has the issue (usualy it also does - last time i had issues, the script conversion was repeatedly failing as the site that converted it was overloaded).

Machine timeouts are most likely to happen when scripts are too large to be loaded.