CzechVR hiring scripters [archived]

Also you provide no apps to watch your videos, no apps to use your scripts, no apps to create scripts, but you are demanding exclusivity on your videos and scripts.

If everyone would be like that there won’t be much progress around.

CzechVR keep on going, You doin’ great!

6 Likes

No one is forbidding you to cash on the scripts you make in any way you like - as long as the content producers do not mind, you’re fine - but we will not do it. We have our own business strategy and that’s it. This is why we paid for creation of scripts for our HC videos and why we will continue to do so. We will have scripts free for our members - simple as that.

8 Likes

Your scripts are created with Raser software, watched with our apps. It’s probably about time we stop supporting it so you can add some few more things to your business strategy

As you wish. It´s up to you.

1 Like

Well, now you are just embarassing yourself. Some scripts were done by @Realcumber so I’m pretty sure part of the earnings went to @raser1 as well.

@CzechVR just switch to OpenFunScripter. It’s open-sourced and afaik @gagax123 don’t require a fee. It’s pretty much more advanced version of JFS.

But by all means @doublevr just chill, it’s Sunday :sunglasses: . I don’t know why you have to be so hostile towards CzechVR.

9 Likes

It’s this kind of competition which I talked about earlier…

There are also other apps that can play VR videos/scripts.

Just having a profound debate on the matter. We talked privately before that. Didn’t expect things go there.

Just to be clear CzechVR is a great company even if we disagree on these things.

As you guys praise them for giving away scripts for free you are actually getting a wall garden - we can’t sell their videos or scripts to their videos even if there are creators that want to submit these on SLR.

I mean you don’t really expect people to yell: “Yes! Let us pay for each script individually!”, do you?

There’s no exclusivity for Realcumber to script Originals. As you can see there’s plenty of unscripted Originals.

There’re script creators who want to script for CzechVR, but we either can’t accept them for they are not selling their videos on SLR. Even if they would sell their videos we still have no agreement on selling scripts meaning we would have to decline script creators.

I would, because it’s the only way to make things work like iPhones. It wasn’t such a good experience some years ago.

I don’t know where it’s coming from. We never introduced such rules. There was a lack of management on scripts from our side. Right now we are fundamentally restructuring everything to make a solid long term foundation. There will be official SLR rules on scripting coming soon.

My sincere apologies to @Lupus and @CzechVR for hi-jacking the thread. It looks like we have a decent debate here on where things are going.

CVR - I dont even use scripts at all, but I am here to say that your entire catalogue is a literal gold mine. Renewing my sub there is a easy as buying any necessary household item - no brainer.

5 Likes

I love CzechVr between their constant releases and the free scripts. I paid for a year in advance.

6 Likes

CzechVR, you guys are amazing human beings. You don’t deserve this hostility from your competition, although you are definitely doing something right if they try to attack you publicly.

I know that my subscription to you is in a good hands so thank you :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

@Lupus
How do you determine if someone is worthy of hiring?
Is there some kind of review or hiring process?

Scripting is not hard, just time consuming. There are some tricky parts, but most of the time it’s just hitting a number from 1-9 or using cursor to follow the movements.

You don’t need a PhD to script, I’m pretty sure anyone with a little bit of motivation could script professionaly.

2 Likes

Sorry for late reply and thanks for the love guys - much appreciated!
To answer your question - I would first not call it “worthy” of hiring. If your question is about the scripting, it’s simple - we check every script we receive, so it’s just about that - if it seems good, we use it and pay for it.

Forgive me, but I just have to ask this.
Do you have a separate room where you can test those scripts or are you testing them at home?
:sweat_smile: :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Of course it’s separate room with white walls.
Walls used to be black, but you know…

10 Likes