HandyControl 1.2.3 (28.11.2021) - Added Support for Pyro (Remote Control)

For me you just have to double (or actually triple?) click on the Button or Holding:

2 Likes

Cool!

I guess that’s all there is to it. I was under the impression that the check-box to the left also needs to be ticked / checked, which I cannot seem to do. Time to do some testing the theHandy then! Thanks a lot!

The locked column just tell you that some of the commands are fixed to a button and that you can’t change it. I have just included them so you can see the used buttons.

1 Like

Completed the quick dry test!

This thing works like a charm!! Thanks a lot for implementing the slider to the top/bottom command alongside the adjustable speed! :+1: :+1: :grinning: wow - its a small QOL improvement that massively improves my ‘workflow’.

Thanks again for the great software @Lucifie !

1 Like

I would love to have bookmarks available in the funscript! There is much fun you could do with that kind of index data. For instance:

• A nicer interface on the player to skip to the scene you like.
  • All kinds of machine learning projects
  • Tune to a TAG. Just play BJ scenes of the movie. When finished, move to the next BJ scene in some other movie.
1 Like

Thank you once again! Is there still a way to remove/reduce gaps from a script?

Do you mean in the funscript or having bookmarks at all?

The chapters (bookmarks) are currently in a separate file which probably makes indexing faster since you dont have to load the script itself. I have not done a separate performance analysis yet but that would be definitive interesting.

I talked to @gagax123 before and he did not like to include all this data in the script. I also think we already modified the original funscript format too much and everyone has other ideas what to include. The chapter file is currently also in JSON format so its easy to read and if there will be a funscript format v2 one day it could be included. Who knows what will come in the next years…

Using chapters with tags would be possible. I have just not included them yet since everyone would tag them different. I know there is more that can be done so if you have any ideas let me know.

Nothing changed here. You can use the gap reduction but this does not work with videos since it changes the script duration. Or use the gamepad Skip Gap command to skip a gap.

grafik

1 Like

So I tried this out and it works great the first time you do so. However, if you then load a different video, it will change the media file that is playing but will not load the associated script. Is that the intended behaviour or a bug?

Yeah, I was thinking to add the bookmarks in the funscript. We have some ideas on a V2 funscript format. You should chat with handy_Lars on our discord channel. Or maybe we should just setup a discussion and maybe create a new format? Invite all the interactive commercial entities and the community to give input.

1 Like

Bug report.

Even with trigger buttons check box unticked in the gamepad settings, the triggers will still produce movement. This is important in VR when you want to reduce the chance of unwanted movement, for obvious reasons.

A quick workaround - electric tape to the trigger buttons :smiley:

Thank You.

1 Like

Seems I forgot this when I did the mapping :innocent:

1 Like

feature request:

a user specified default value on script load for ‘speed limitation’.

2 Likes

Will be included in the next version. The field now keeps its value if a script loads or the app is closed.

1 Like

This is a new release for HandyControl - V1.1.2
Read the pdf documentation inside the download more detailed overview of HandyControl.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: New Features

• Chapter settings ‘Next Bookmark’ and ‘Chapter Weight’ to create custom play cycles.

• LoopMode ‘Next Bookmark’ automatically jumps to the next bookmark of the current chapter.
    • Weight influences the bookmark randomiser for bookmarks that are used multiple times.
    • grafik
  • LoopMode ‘Play Once’ to pause the script after a selection or chapter was played.

• grafik
  • Script Sequencer now includes automatic chapter creation.

• Chapter names derived from pattern names.
    • New column ‘Bookmark’, ‘Next Bookmark’ & ‘Weight’.
  • Gamepad mapping features

• grafik

• Switchable between a primary and secondary mapping (mappable).

• Mapping can now be imported and exported.

• New or missing commands are now added to the mapping table.

:cyclone: Changes

• Script Sequencer can now create breaks at the start of a pattern.
  • Commandline \repeat changed to \loopMode with values.
  • Triggers dont create subtitle messages anymore.
  • Mapping table dropdowns now open on first click.
  • Markers are set if a chapter gets selected.
  • Speed Limit keeps its setting (request by @comrade420).
  • Icons for LoopModes.

:bug: Bug Fixes

• Prevent script restart when clicking on chapter bar when no chapter exists.
  • Chapter Editor not saving values on first edit of a new chapter.
  • Gamepad trigger checkbox not working anymore (reported by @Jupiter).
  • Error while drawing very small chapters.
8 Likes

Thank you for another great update.

On another note, Im having trouble connecting my Xbox controller to HandyControl. It’s recognized in windows but it doesnt seem to want to connect through HandyControl. What could be the problem?

Cheers

@handyman69 Try connecting to Windows as a bluetooth controller (through bluetooth set up menu), not as a gamepad, if that makes sense.

Thanks for another update @Lucifie . As usual I download and test every new version as I use this software quite a bit. For this version however, the gamepad mappings do not to seem to hold after you close out the app and reopen. Some of them revert back to their defaults.

For example, remapping preset 1 to another button resets back to default after reopening the app.

There could be something I am doing wrong, as after a number of tries, I still cannot locate the menu below :stuck_out_tongue:

Right click in the mapping table after you made a change to one of the settings. Save as something to store it. You will get a note in the log. If you just change the mapping without saving it then its lost if you close the app.

1 Like

Told you. I knew I was doing something wrong :smiley:

Awesome piece of kit this is.

1 Like

I’m also having the same issue as @handyman69 but trying to set up a wired gamepad so bluetooth is not really an option. Any other ideas?