HandyControl 1.2.3 (28.11.2021) - Added Support for Pyro (Remote Control)

Would it be possible to add a setting that would allow you to set a video library? With the prerequisite that both the script library and the video library have the same overall folder structure.

Probably yes but this would require some code changes. I see no advantage in splitting videos and scripts. You can still load scripts and videos manual.

It would be nice regarding Nobra Twincharger to allow negative bottom offset to be set. Now it requires editing files by hand to have pause between the down and up stroke.

So recently, for some unknown reason, my HandyControl has started to just not work. Like I will double click to open the application, and it a process for it in Task Manager will appear but it doesnā€™t ever actually load. Iā€™ve tried running it as an administrator and itā€™s no different, can I get some help please?

Did you update to Handy 3.x firmware? It breaks compatibility with handy control.

@OmegaVAM Maybe you have loaded a broken script or are using a script folder with too much files.
Try to copy the HandyControl folder to a different path. It will create a new config file with the default settings.

@fellaatio I donā€™t get your idea.

The Twincharger is only using the black speed line since a vibrating toy canā€™t stroke.
You can use the smoothing option and set it to 1 but the update rate of the Twincharger is too slow to follow fast spikes.
grafik

I think the scripts folder thing might be the solution, Iā€™ll try it when I get a chance later and let you know if it solved it. :slight_smile:

please update HandyControl to Handy 3.x firmware :pray:

Currently working on an other project. Still waiting for a game changer. Streaming and easy offline network access to make use of 3.x :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well, Iā€™ll have to admit that what I asked was already implemented but it has some bugs since not always can I set the bottom stroke offset to negative values.

Thou, it doesnā€™t solve problem with variation, as you can see from next pictures, compared to bottom-offset 0 and -100, thereā€™s is different variation with -100 compared to 0.

Offset 0

bottomoffset0

Offset -100

bottomoffset1

The Twincharger feature is more like a beta. If you can ā€œconvertā€ a script with existing settings then you are fine. The goal was not to make a stroke to vibrating script converter and the Twincharger is not able to follow those fast spikes anyway.

I am currently only using an external sensor for the Twincharger so I can change the speed manual by moving and tilting my hand.

Hi, when I want to offset to get the timing right, I have this message error:

• setOffset - Error - Success False -

what can I do to resolve this?
I have version 1.2.0 with handy updated as of date
Thanks

Yep, Iā€™m getting the same thing.

Getting the same error- whatā€™s the alternative to HandyControl??

I donā€™t know any I like as much, but downgrading to firmware v2 solves the issue.

3 Likes

Also getting this error with same version and updated firmware (3.2.0)

Can also confirm downgrading to v2 solved the issue

yeah itā€™s even worse for me now, not working at all. Something went wrong from their new server I think.

Hope it will be fixed soon, or need to downgrade to V2 but itā€™s a painā€¦

I am still on V2 and it worked when I used it a few days ago.
There was a bug on the new Handy server which got fixed on 13.10.21.

It seems to be specifically with firmware 3.2. When I was on 3.1.1 it was working for me. I donā€™t see anything in the release notes that would cause issuesā€¦
Just tried again now and get the following:
11:38:37.502 - getServerTime - 10/15/2021 15:38:37 - Initial Offset: 499 - Average Offset: -89
11:38:37.835 - Script Upload - File is uploaded and ready for Handy to download, Filename: , Size: 0, URL: (blocked out the URL just in case), Orginalfile:
11:38:39.414 - Script Stop - Error - Success False -
11:38:39.415 - Downloading the script to Handyā€¦
11:38:39.533 - Error in : APIResponseā€¦ctor - Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path ā€˜ā€™, line 0, position 0.
11:38:41.000 - Script Prepare - Error - Success False -
11:39:36.230 - Script Stop - Error - Success False -
It is currently working on the handyfeeling website and scriptplayer.
Edit: Should have read the discord before posting. One of the Handy devs posted:
handy_lars ā€” Today at 11:31 AM The legacy API server accepts these bad requests, but the new APIs does not. The legacy API server tries to ā€œsaveā€ the request by re-encoding it, before it forwards it to the new services (in the case of a fw3 machine), but this re-encoding is not perfect. When you donā€™t encode the URL parameter the server is not able to distinguish between query parameters in the url parameter and query parameters in the actual query.
From the error message ā€œā€¦while parsing value: <. Path ā€˜ā€™ ā€¦ā€, I believe the Handycontrol app is receiving some html (hence the ā€œ<ā€ ) rather than json. That usually happens when the request is not valid. It might be invalid if the URL encoding is bad/missing.

2 Likes