HereSphere VR Video Player for Quest 2/Pro/3 supports Handy, Keon, Launch and Passthrough

Heresphere support tells me that : “Images aren’t supported yet. I’ll probably add support once I update to UE5”.No rush but no pauses. :+1:

Do you have a rough estimate on when WebXR support will be available? Presumably this why the current version of HereSphere does not work on live dreamcam streams?

I don’t have an estimate on when WebXR will be implemented. Also I’m not sure if it’s possible to intercept dreamcam streams so the HereSphere VR video player can play them. It might have to rely on the web browser VR video player, which isn’t great. I’ll need to do more lots more research.

2 Likes

thanks for the replies guys!

Got it updated again and It is working :smiley:

Is there a guide on installing and getting this up and running anywhere?

Check if this guide is what you are looking for.

1 Like

I am running the Steam beta, and when trying to add syncronzed peripherials and get the upgrade warning…
The device is already on 3.20.
If I go to handyfeeling.com, it doesn’t seem to show any available upgrade.
Any advice how to fix this?

The firmware needs to be 3.2.2. Try going to HandyFeeling

I doesn’t show any new updates when doing that…

Try downgrading to firmware 2, and then revisit the page. Not sure what’s going on with Handy’s update, but doing that sometimes helps.

1 Like

You can also try updating using Handys safe mode (from handysetup.com):

Update FW3 through safemode

Safemode is very “safe” and has an elementary Wi-Fi connection logic. It might need a couple of tries before you can update. Follow this guide to do a safe mode update to the latest version:

• Start the hotspot (name: safemode, password: recovery)
  • Unpower your Handy
  • Wait 30 sec
  • Power your Handy in safemode (Hold in the wifi button, then power your Handy. You can release the wifi button once your Handy is blinking yellow).
  • Wait 15 sec
  • Press UP button until the light changes
  • Your Handy will now try to update
  • If it blinks red, wait 10 sec, then press the UP button again. Repeat four times before giving up
1 Like

thank you. this worked. cheers.

Which worked? Downgrading or safemode?

Following you instructions to force upgrade in safe mode. Thanks.

So glad HereSphere exists, best thing I’ve seen so far that is all in one.
One thing to keep in mind, if you run into it, it won’t play videos with “+” characters in the name. if you downloaded somewhere that uses the plus symbol, change it to an underscore or something. So happy with this app, thank you!!!

1 Like

Hi,

Glad to see a new player coming in with built in funscript support, haven’t tried the funscript part specifically yet, but the video player so far seems to be of pretty high quality.

Just a few feature suggestions, first of all regarding funscripts, one feature other players don’t tend to have, but I find it to be a good feature to have with funscripts, is a script heatmap overlayed on top of the progress bar, showing where on the script the user is, essentially if you open a video with a funscript in something like Scriptplayer, the bottom bar will not only show you where you are in the video, but also have a heat map of the funscript showing where you are.
The player already has a pretty generous progress bar at the bottom too, so it should be a relatively small modification UI wise, and you can see how a heatmap is generated with the likes of scritplayer since the code is publicly available on github under GPL-3.0.

Another feature which is not specific to funscripts, but is a bit of a recurring issue with VR videos, is the ability to do an audio channel swap, similar to how there is an option to do an eye side swap, since honestly far too many videos have come out where the audio channels are swapped.
A recent example of this problem is the video SLR :gem: SLR Originals - Asuna Fox - The Shy Fox - Scripts / Paid Scripts - EroScripts of that funscript, extremely popular on SLR, with numerous comments, but as many have pointed out, swapped audio channels.
Now will be honest given my experience dealing with audio in programming, I fully expect this feature to be a complete nightmare to do, and as such not really worth the trouble, but figure I would put it out there just in case it turns out to be actually a simple thing to do.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. Script heatmaps are on the to-do list. I plan on adding an audio delay offset (for bluetooth headphones), so I’ll see if audio channel swapping is doable as well.

3 Likes

@HereSphere I’ve noticed in Quest 2 when I open XBVR in web mode (without DeoVR interface), Dropdown menus doesn’t work.

2 Likes

If the code is only under GPL, it’s not a good idea to look at it to implement it in proprietary software :wink:

Noticed a small issue on SLR (and I assume other sites if they support it), in longer scenes that have a lot of cuepoints there doesn’t seem to be a way to access them after it runs out of space.