HereSphere VR Video Player for Quest 2/Pro/3 supports Handy, Keon, Launch and Passthrough

0.4 wouldn’t work for me at all with my connection key. Tried 0.5 works perfectly. Well done

You need to be on the beta branch for steam. Open your steam library, right click on HereSphere, go to properties, then betas, and select the beta branch in the drop down box. No key is required.

Amazing. Currently using the demo version, will buy as soon as it’s available on SideQuest!

It’s available on sidequest: HereSphere VR Video Player (Quest 2) by HereSphere
Unless you mean the official oculus store or app lab, which hopefully it’ll be available in a few months.

Hello :wave: @HereSphere

I have the HTC VIVE and im planning to buy HereSpehre on STEAM.
How can i Setup my HTC VIVE with HereSphere and The Handy?
Thank you for the answer :slightly_smiling_face:

Enable beta downloads for HereSphere on Steam.

Then follow this guide:

1 Like

OoooO Ok thank you. I tought i needed to do something else since im using the HTC VIVE and not the Quest 2.
Will try :slightly_smiling_face:

When playing a 2D video in HereSphere with the controller you can orient the screen up, down, left, right, You can also zoom + - on the video. But when playing a VR video you can also orient up, down, left, right, but the zoom option is not available. Does anyone know if I have to configure something to zoom + - in VR videos? :thinking:

You’re using the PC steam version right? For most motion controllers, hold the trigger and thumbstick click, and then move the controller will move your position. Else, look for the keybinding called “Move Origin Forward” and add bindings. In the binding, set the “Scale” to a positive value to increase the zoom, and then a negative to decrease it. You can also just directly adjust the “Origin Forward” setting in the video settings.

1 Like

Ok thanks for the info I will follow your recommendation. If I am using the Steam version for PC. Thanks :+1:

Yes sorry I meant the app lab (because I think those apps show up in the main list rather than having to go into unknown sources?).

Hi

I just got my handy today, but I can not connect it to Heresphere on my Quest 2. It keeps saying that the “Firmware Update Required’’

Already tried uninstalling and installing the app again, checked the handyfeeling website and the firmware is updated, turned everything on and off… but I still keep getting the same message

Any ideas? Thanks

have the same Problem. but my Handy won´t update to the newest Firmware 3.2.2 i´am still stuck on 3.2.0

Hi, I have a folder with images, but when I access it it appears blank. I have the HEVC codec installed on the PC. Does the program allow viewing this type of files? Thx.

@poneis
@Baiovarii

Update - HandyFeeling

Tried it on a Handy from a friend which was on FW2 before.
It updated to 3.2.0 first and then after updating again it was 3.2.2
Not sure if it’s still that way.

1 Like

TheHandy has a discord channel called The Handy (Official) where you can get support if you still have problems upgrading your Handy after following instructions from the link from lemonsplash. Link is on the bottom of the official Handy home page (or use this link The Handy (Official))

1 Like

Tried v0.5 out last night, and I must say with the updates of tags over the playbar, this was an instant buy for me today. You’ve done a great job with this @HereSphere !

I have one more small feature request - I wonder if there would be a way to show whether a file has an accompanying script in the file list view? Like a little icon after the title or something? Right now I’m just manually adding files I know are scripted to a scripted playlist.

1 Like

If you setup XBVR, it’ll match funscript files to your videos, and create a “Scripted” list. HereSphere can display that list and will also add a “Interactive Script” tag to those videos, so you can search for that tag.

I’ll add automatically labeling scripted files in the file explorer to the to-do list.

2 Likes

OK cool I’ll do that. I setup XBVR the other day but I haven’t added it to HereSphere yet. How would I do that - just use DLNA or is there another approach?

Use the DeoVR option. HereSphere can read the json files meant for DeoVR. Enter in the local IP address of XBVR server (usually starts with 192, not the 127 one) into the HereSphere web browser with http, like http://192.168.0.65:9999. Once the web page is loaded, press the webstream icon in the upper left corner of the web browser (looks like a play button with radio waves).

3 Likes