HereSphere VR Video Player for Quest 2/Pro/3 supports Handy, Keon, Launch and Passthrough

Thank you @HereSphere for the updates and roadmap of features that is on the way.

I encourage everyone to purchase the full version if you are getting use out of it. Supporting the dev enables for more features to be implemented and continued improvement to the player where needed.

3 Likes

Would this be able to stream sexlikereal funscript and browse their contents just like deovr? If so, ill def buy it when it comes to pc.

@deskey51 I think that you can use MultiFunPlayer v1.20.1 - Multi axis funscript player - Now with SLR support with Heresphere to achieve that, although Iā€™ve never tried it so you might need to do some research.

Just checked it out, but im confuse at what it even do. lol

Seems awesome upon first review. Any chance on Plex or DLNA support?

@Matthew954 It is on their roadmap and mentioned earlier in this thread.

1 Like

Thank you @dmilani500 not sure how I missed it, thanks again! :slight_smile:

1 Like

i look forward to checking this out when its on the store for sure :slight_smile:

I think that itā€™s not too feasable for the developer to sell it on the oculus market. Because Zuck takes too big portion of these sales, i mean commission is too high for the devolepor and it means its not to much profitable as on itch.io. So, my claim from the developer again, mate i know that itch.io have a little commission from your sales please cut the prices and make it 20. 30 dollars is really expensive.

1 Like

I have been waiting for this ever since I got my headset. I am happy to purchase the full version right away, but I am too stupid to even understand how to share a folder on my computer with the app. Is anyone able to help this idiot out? Iā€™ve been at this for a couple of days now, and Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m not any closer to understanding SMB or whatever it is I need to do.

1 Like

Took from their discord. Try this, its very simple.

7 Likes

Right now, the player has a very niche market, so it has to be priced higher to ensure there are enough funds to continue development. I can only sell the app once to a user, so there is no recurring revenue stream. Dropping the price by 1/3 would be too risky right now. If itā€™s too high, you can wait for a sale in the future, or when it gets on to the official Oculus store, there might be regional pricing which might make it more affordable in your region. I plan on adding many more features beyond just VR video playback, so if the app doesnā€™t offer enough value for you right now, it might in the future.

9 Likes

Thanks @beyto! This was really helpful, and relatively easy to understand. It seems like Iā€™ve actually got it working now. The only thing Iā€™m unclear about is if my shared folder is visible to other users on the network and how accessible it is. No one but the the user I created in step 1 is able to access it right? Iā€™m a little confused because in step 3 they say they stream via ethernet because of privacy.

I think as long as you donā€™t enable SMB1 (the last step in the guide that beyto linked), the shared folder will only be visible once you enter the correct credentials. HereSphere only uses SMB2/3 anyway, due to security issues with SMB1.

2 Likes

Just bought this app and managed to get it working with SMB also. Itā€™s also connected to the Handy.

However it doesnā€™t seem to look for the funscripts in the same SMB folder as the video is playing from.

In the settings, under Synchronized Peripherals, I can see the path to the local Interactive folder, so I guess itā€™s looking for the funscripts there instead of the shared SMB folder where Iā€™m playing the video from (and where the funscripts also are located).

How do I make it look for the funscripts in the SMB folder? In the quote I get the feeling it should be doing so by default.

It should be looking in the SMB folder by default if youā€™re streaming from an SMB share. The path in the user settings is the fallback directory path for when it canā€™t find the script. Sometimes the script upload fails the first time, so try opening the video again. Still working out some connection issues.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got this working with SMB. All you need to do is ensure that the funscript has the EXACT same name as the video, but with the funscript extension. For example:

my_favourite_video.mp4
my_favourite_video.funscript

What I like to do is copy the script over to my server, then copy the filename of the video and replace the funscript name with it.

Thanks, I think it might just have been a fail then, because after restarting the app and connection it seems to work. Nice!

So glad to have found this app, so I donā€™t need to be locked to SLR for using my videos and scripts from different sites.

EDIT: Hmmā€¦ only seems to be the first one I tried that works right now. Well, at least I know itā€™s possible, and there just migth be some issues to solve.

EDIT 2: Now, a lot of them work. I didnā€™t change anything. Maybe it has trouble getting the funscripts through SMB sometimes/randomly. Not sure, just wanted to give feedback.

@Husky @deskey51 You can use SLR interactive script streaming in MultiFunPlayer only with SLR/DeoVR. HereSphere would need to add their interactive api.

Yeah, based on my log messages when testing, the reading of the funscript file through SMB seems to be working fine, but I think thereā€™s an issue with uploading the script to Handyā€™s servers. Sometimes the request doesnā€™t go through. Probably need to detect a timeout and repeat the upload.