HereSphere VR Video Player for Quest 2/Pro/3 supports Handy, Keon, Launch and Passthrough

Waiting on buttplug.io dev to package the library for Android. I’d estimate within a month, but I’m not certain yet.

The autofocus algorithm helps reduce double vision, so the stereo image should be a clearer.

Hopefully tomorrow morning. Working on some XBVR funscript stuff.

3 Likes

I tried the latest demo yesterday and totally fell in love with the app. SMB works like a charm. I don’t need DLNA anymore. Handy connection works perfect. The player itself has all the functionality i ever need. I think the gui still needs some work for easier use but i’m sure it’ll be much better in time.
I am planning on buying the apk for Quest 2. I just have a question before:
How will i get the future updates as an owner of the app? How will it work exactly?

1 Like

New updates will be made available on itch.io. You’ll need to manually install them with sidequest or adb, replacing the existing installation to keep your saved data. Once the app is available through App Lab or the official Oculus Store, I’ll try to send out keys, depending on whether Meta allows me to generate enough of them.

1 Like

Thanks for all the effort you’ve put into this. I bought the app and i recommend everyone to do so. It’s much better than deo, slr, whirligig and xbvr. A perfect “all in one” solution.
Cheers!

Native Quest version dont have the autofocus option ? Is it true ? Which tools are absent if you compare it to PCVR version? Could you tell us ?

Autofocus works on the Quest 2. Some image adjustments like sharpening, highlights, midtones, and shadows are missing. The flip settings aren’t implemented yet, but probably will be added. The anaglyph view was removed (I don’t think anyone really uses it). I’d recommend testing the free demo for both the PC and Quest 2 version to see which you prefer.

1 Like

Don’t remove anaglyph! These are the only VR glasses i can afford. :rofl:

I bought the full app and I couldn’t be happier with it. I’m so happy to be done with deovr. There are a few things that I don’t understand though.

1. How do I make playlists?

2. How do I shuffle play my entire library? I’m currently suffering from analysis paralysis every time I open up the app. My file structure is a main folder, then sub-folders for a few categories, and then each script/vid has their own folder. If I have to delete the sub-folders and keep all of the scripts, vids, gifs, jpegs, and heatmaps in one giant folder, I simply will not be able to live with that kind of chaos.

3. I love the multi-screen feature, but I can’t figure how to use it. Every time I try to add a video it just changes the video in the same screen.

4. If playing two scripted videos in multi-screen mode, will we be able to switch between which script is playing? This may not work well without bluetooth but it would be useful when one video has lots of unscripted parts so you can switch over to a more active script to act as a gap filler.

5. Will we be able to move the browser window into one of the screens when using multi-screen mode? This is a feature I would use every time.

1. You can select the video by using the toggle next to the video entry. Then click on the playlist button near the upper left corner, and then add it to a new playlist or an existing one. You can also add entire folders (and their subfolders) to playlists by selecting a directory instead. If you use the grip button, it opens a context menu, which can also be used to add videos/folders to playlists. Lastly, videos can be drag and dropped directly on top of a playlist in the sidebar.

2. You’ll probably need to add your main folder as a playlist to force the player to scan all of its subfolders automatically (this might lock up the app for a few seconds as your library gets scanned). Then, you can use the media library “All” entry to play your entire library, enabling the shuffle if you want.

3. Look at the screen you want to control, then open up the menu and select a video. The player determines which screen to control based on where you’re looking.

4. Automatic screen switching for scripts is on the to-do list.

5. The UX/UI overhaul will have better support for multitasking with web browser tabs and multiple videos being able to be repositioned (at least that’s the plan).

5 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I’ve managed to create a few short playlists, but when I try to add a folder with maybe 40 videos or more, the app just freezes and then crashes.

I probably need to make the directory playlist creation run on a background thread so the app doesn’t stall for too long. I’ll see if I can get it fixed in the next update.

2 Likes

Will there be an announcement on steam whe. The update gets pushed? I really dont wanna miss it as Ive been digging your player since I got it after this announcement.

The update will be available tomorrow on Steam. If you’re on the beta branch, it should automatically update.

1 Like

Will the Quest version auto update?

The Quest version needs to be manually updated because it’s sideloaded. To update the Quest 2 version, just install the apk on top of the existing installation without uninstalling (this prevents the saved data from being deleted). The next Quest update will be available later this week.

3 Likes

HereSphere v0.5 has been released for the Quest 2. The Handy integration has been greatly improved with better connection reliability and synchronization. The Handy connection status is displayed above the seekbar. Scripts provided by XBVR can also be played directly, without needing to rely on a fallback script directory.

10 Likes

I’m looking forward to trying it. I was about to ask about it but you’ve already released it :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your hard work !