How to use scripts in VR - picture guide (Heresphere / Whirligig)

Glad it worked! I will add this note to the guide too so others won’t be confused.

1 Like

Updated the guide with some tips on how to make Heresphere work over Wi-Fi with Scriptplayer, so you can use Keon, Launch or other toys supported by Scriptplayer with Quest 2 without cable.

So i just ordered my quest 2 with link cable. From what i understand is: I just can download Heresphere demo on steam on my pc. connect my Q2 with a link cable in pc, enter my handy key in sync peripherals; and then just browse my media files in heresphere should work right?

I recommend setting up a SMB server so you can browse files on your laptop/PC/NAS over WiFi. You will only need to connect directly to PC once to install Heresphere through SideQuest. I don’t have a link cable so not sure if it will work, but it should I think.

Hello,
need help for quest 2 with Multifunplayer. connect to Buttplug not to Heresphere (Quest) Ip from Quest access denied. Can anyone help why?
thx

You may have better luck asking here:

I’ve never really used Multifunplayer for too long since I don’t need it.

1 Like

@Husky I’ve now connected DeoVR option under scriptplayer to my oculus and i can play a video by dragging and dropping my video + funscript into my VR through sidequest. I’m playing it in Heresphere and on my DeoVR it says it can’t find the funscript? I’m not sure how to solve this

Hi, I recently purchased a Kiiroo Keon and have been using it with my Quest 2 (haptics connect + SLR app with premium subscription). I’m not tech savvy so even getting this setup took me a while to figure out.
My question is what steps do I need to take to use scripts from here on my quest 2?
I read through this post but since I’m not very tech savvy not sure which steps to follow.
I don’t have a PC, just MacBook.
Thanks a lot any help would be appreciated! :pray:t4:

Most software developed here is for Windows and that includes Scriptplayer. Apple isn’t hobby programmer friendly due to their requirement that all software developers must have developer accounts that cost a yearly fee and that all software must be digitally signed, which might eliminate the possibility of being a bit anonymous here etc.

This is what someone answered earlier:

Depending on headset and stroker device there might be Mac options if you are willing to only use web browser based software and possibly software on your phone. I don’t have a Mac nor Quest 2 so I can’t tell if that is possible for your setup though.

You can check * OPTION 2 - FOR TOYS THAT ARE NOT THE HANDY* in the guide i linked below. That might work for you even if you have a Mac. Note that there is some limitation with the Haptics Connect app, if I’m not mistaken, that requires that you buy at least one script from the SLR site. This somehow makes you a premium user at SLR, which enables you to use the app. This requirement has been debated a lot here the last 6 months so I won’t get into that requirement.

Thanks so much for your response! I was able to get haptics and SLR on my quest through my Mac but seems like getting scripts loaded requires a PC. I will look into investing in one and come back to this post to follow the steps. Cheers!

this tutorial save me to use my cell in gear vr and handy great

Hello Guys I need you help, I Installed HereSphere on my Quest 2 followed the steps to connect over wifi to my ScriptPlayer but ScriptPlayer doesn’t detect DeoVR, How can I fix that ?

There is another thread that claim that TheHandy servers are unresponsive at the moment even if they are green on the status pages. Maybe that is the issue.

I don’t have handy issue, It’s ScriptPlayer that don’t wanna connect to my HereSphere according to the screens guides

Thank you for the guide. Got my quest 2 late last week and been researching on how to use it. This guide really helped me have a complete wireless setup for my launch. I dont know how i can ever get back to sitting on a chair anymore.

It worked perfectly except for the script part. I can load the videos but the script wont show up for both scriptplayer and mfp. All my videos have the script file right next to them and im 1000% sure they have the same name, without any special text aside from a dash(-). I even made it a point to remove all the brackets or apostrophes etc to make sure that the script runs. G90ak suggested that i can pick a folder that contains all the scripts for mfp. I tried and it worked. I found out that scriptplayer is the same. So i just made an entire folder that has a copy of every script i have and pasted it there. Its perfect because i have that folder backed up. Now i can just play the vid and as long as the scripts are in thst master folder, the script will run. Thank you so much

I really appreciated the guide and pictures. Unfortunately I’m still running into an issue. I’m running a Windows 10 Laptop, Quest 2, Heresphere, and Scriptplayer. I’ve set my Scriptplayer DeoVR IP to Quest2IP:23554. I enabled Time Stamp server on my Quest 2 under Heresphere and set it to LaptopIP. The video player screen for Scriptplayer never exits the DeoVR Not Connected message.

Troubleshooting Attempted:

1. Successfully pinged Quest 2 IP from laptop
  2. Disabled Windows Firewall

Thank you in advance for any additional ideas.

Soooo…

I just checked it again and you need to put the same IP address in both Heresphere AND Scriptplayer. You might also need to toggle the server button in Heresphere a few times if it still says “not connected”. Once you do that it should say it’s connected. Firewall shouldn’t be an issue, I have it enabled.

Sorry about that, I will fix the guide in a minute (it’s fixed now).

1 Like

That did it! Thank you very much for the help. I’m a little embarrassed I didn’t puzzle it out on my own.

Has anyone else had issues with H265 videos and a slow framerate? When I play videos that are H264, things seem to play okay. but the H265 are lagging behind the audio and are slowed.

I should note this is in HereSphere using Virtual Desktop on the Meta Quest 2

thanks for the guide, it worked perfectly