Is there a script player for Handy?

Are there video-script players like Scriptplayer for the Handy? I’m getting tired of going to handyfeeling to watch and play video’s I’ve scripted.

2 Likes

Yup!

2 Likes

Not just “like” ScriptPlayer - It’s still in beta (sometimes needs a pause and play when switching videos) but ScriptPlayer fully supports The Handy since … like 3 months or so.

1 Like

Thanks. I will try it.

1 Like

Thank you. I will see if I have the latest update. If not I will follow this advice.

1 Like

Ok, I have the current Scriptplayer. I clicked on devices, then connect Handy Directly, I put in my key. It says handy is connected. But when I play a video with script, there is nothing happening. What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

Ok. Having problems with this.

I can get the Handy connected to HandyControl. I put in the key and that all works fine. But when I drag and drop a script to the window, it auto loads MPC as your instructions say it would. But when I play the video nothing is happening to the Handy. I saw in your instructions that MPC must have the webInterface setting enabled in MPC. I went to options in MPC and saw a webinterface area. But there is no button to select that says enable. All I see are the following: 1. “Listen on Point” (with some number filled in) 2. Then there is “enable compression” which is checked. 3. “Allow access from local host only” which is unchecked. 4. “enable preview” which is unchecked. 5. “Print debug information” which is unchecked. 6. “Serve pages from” This has a box under it with “Browse” and “Deploy” by it. 7. “Default page” with a box that says “index.html;index.php”. And finally 8. “CGI handlers” With a blank box.

So how does one enable the webinterface setting?

1 Like

Ok. Just figured it out, I think. When I upload the script in HandyControl, it auto loads MPC. When I hit play in MPC nothing happens.

But, if I close that 1st autoloaded MPC and then go back to HandyControl and press the play button there, it again autoloads MPC and this time it plays the script with the video.

I suggest fixing that for future revisions.

1 Like

Nope, That isn’t working all the time either. Something is wrong. I keep getting errors.

1 Like

Depends on what it says on the screen. No “Script download finished” message? Does the mentioned Play / Pause afterwards help? etc.

1 Like

Hi Liquid,

Just to confirm I have the same issue. It says connected to handy and shows the handy in the connected devices window but no movement. I don’t get a “Script download finished” message so I don’t think anything is being sent. Hitting pause then play didn’t do anything either.

Any help greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hmm … sounds like the connection from your PC to the Handy (via the API) works fine, but it can’t download scripts from your PC.

Check if the Local IP in the settings is correct (In local mode, the Handy needs to be able to connect to the script-server on your PC).
Maybe (e.g. if you have multiple interfaces, a VPN or whatnot) the wrong interface gets selected. If that doesn’t work try switching the script-host to handyfeeling.com

1 Like

Direct control of MPC is currently not supported. You need to use HandyControl for navigation. HandyControl always opens MPC again if you close it and then press play.

Have you tried the Get Status buttons on the second tab? If you get a response then the API is fine.
Does the upload work?

Example log (HandyControl)
19:23:10.848 - setMode
19:23:11.422 - setStroke
19:23:12.177 - syncOffset
19:23:15.401 - getServerTime - 09/07/2020 17:23:17 - Initial Offset: 2177 - Average Offset: -213
19:23:16.049 - syncUpload - Info: File is uploaded and ready for Handy to download / Filename: 1923404 / Size: 6451 / URL: https://www.handyfeeling.com/api/sync/temp/1923404.csv / Orginalfile: 1923404.csv
19:23:16.051 - syncPrepare - Downloading the script…
19:23:22.673 - syncPrepare - Script downloaded successfully

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.