JoyFunScripter 0.13.1 - Make your own scripts!

Unfortunately not. The best way I’ve gotten around this is to use a cloud storage service like Mega, Google Drive, or OneDrive and make sure versioning is turned on and enable autosave in JFS. Then, if you mess up you can go back and load the version from 10 minutes ago.

2 Likes

This, combined with copy pasting the missing part back in can be useful:

1 Like

I am probably doing it wrong but i cant seem to get live testing working like i want.

I got Scriptplayer set to whirlgig, and enabled live testing in JFS. Now when i play or pause a video with script in JFS i get scriptplayer and my Launch to play the strokes. But how do i get it to play new points i’ve added to the script while having the file active? Pressing save doesn’t update scriptplayer with the new points.

2 Likes

Please try this @Akali :slight_smile:

2 Likes

EDIT updated it to beta functions as described in hte post, got it checked now

I don’t have that option, im runing 1.1.0 no beta features

2 Likes

Hello!

I have a question and at the same time a suggestion.

Would it be possible, to allow us to add more bookmarks and name them? With this, I could group the video into different sections. I made an example. Bad paint skills, sorry.

Something like this:

The names would only show, when I hover over the time bar. But I could always see these bookmarks. It’d be even better, if I could give them a different color.

This would especially help on longer videos. If there are sections, that I want to script later or I want to revisit again, I could just simply and quickly go to that section. I could also start to get an overview over the video and first group it into sections, before I start scripting.

This really would be just a qol-thing and to give a bit more organization to the scripting part. I may have a bit of an ocd, when it comes to organizing things and stuff, that’s why I came up with this idea :sweat:

Or does something like this already exists and it’s me being dumb again? If so, just ignore this, please :no_mouth:
I know we can already set a bookmark, but it seems to be limited to one bookmark and we can’t name them.

Thank you very much for reading.

3 Likes

Any guess on if this works in Linux with Wine? Or am I best off just setting up a windows virtual machine?

1 Like

Not sure if this has been answered somewhere else…

Is there a way to do live testing with the handy? I would like to see the hardware movement as I’m scripting.

Thank you!!

1 Like

Sorry, I dont think there is linux support - Virtual machine may be your best bet

EDIT: “see method below!”

1 Like

Yes, there is. On the bottom bar, you will see a little rocket icon. By activating this, live testing is available.

For live testing you also need this program: ScriptPlayer 1.1.0 - New Release (18.01.2020)

Connect your Handy with the script player, found under devices.
Set the script player to whirlgig, found under video player. Load the script you are working on and let it play. Handy now plays the script you are working on.

See also this, improve live testing.

Hope it helps.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I’ve downloaded ScriptPlayer, but I don’t see an option to connect the handy under “devices”.

1 Like

Im not 100% sure, but I think you can’t connect to The Handy with this version. I am using version 1.0.0 and I can connect it my Handy.

You can find it here

1 Like

hmm. that’s weird. I tried both ScriptPlayers and looks like the Handy isn’t supported. Wonder how it’s working for you. Oh well, no biggie. Thanks!

1 Like

@satmeo You probably need the beta version of ScriptPlayer:

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/FredTungsten/scriptplayer/build/job/aaqyh5f0ntsy8c36/artifacts

3 Likes

I think I found it.
I am using this version here.
https://github.com/gagax1234/ScriptPlayer/releases

Works perfectly as well! Had no idea, that the beta version supports Handy. You should download this version I’d guess.

3 Likes

worked like a charm. Thank you!

4 Likes

Good evening all. I just joined about an hour ago. I have been scripting for quite sometime…still not great at it…
I downloaded the JFS…trying to get it to work.
Anyway, I have MANY vids scripted…some good, some bad, some synced, some not really. I’d like to share them but I don’t know how. I scripted using OneTouch. It would be great to get them out and get some feedback. If anyone can help in how to post here, that would be great.

1 Like

Just create a topic in the free scripts section and drag and drop the script in the editing window.
If you open a new topic you can also see a template which you can use. Just fill it out :slight_smile:

It looks like:
grafik

1 Like

Handy support is still in beta:

2 Likes

Thanks, Lucifie.
I have two issues:

1. I am using OneTouch Scripter. All the scripts save as .ott file. Do I just change that to a .funscript file on the desktop or wherever it is saved?
  2. I’'d like to give the JoyFunScripter a spin but when I try and load/open a video…the title shows up at the top but when I press play at the bottom nothing happens. I’m probably overlooking something but I don’t know.
    Any help would be great.
2 Likes