OFS Extension Request - BPM Autofill

As an avid purveyor of the ‘PMV’ style videos and scripts, I’ve tried my hand at a script or two myself, but I feel like it would be a massive QoL to be able to sort of autofill the entire video duration with a simple up-down rythm matching the BPM of the music track used. Just to set the groundwork and then adjust from there, adding detail and so on.

I’ve no idea how to make extensions for OFS, but I feel like it’d be pretty simple to just be able to input a BPM, click a button, and fill?

If anyone has the ability to create this, it would be much appreciated!

In case you’ve missed it there’s a tool called PythonDancer.

1 Like

Thanks, I was familiar with the original FunscriptDancer, but not this python version, it seems possibly better, I’ll give it a try.

1 Like

You Can Check out my Script Collection. One of the Functions is BeatsPerMinute which adds points based on a BPM and it has Customizable end point
(end point doesn’t update automatically if you switch videos)

1 Like

that looks exactly like what I was looking for, thanks!

Note that while it sounds nice to use a bpm value, its highly unreliable as almost no song even if they mention a bpm value is using it accurate enough.

A diffirence of 120bpm or 120.2bpm is huge. It takes less than a minute to notice beats having drifted off even if its only 1ms per second. The human body is extremely good at noticing patterns. So while normal reaction times could be 300ms, noticing things are off can happen at 30ms already.

Using beat detection is therefor always prefered, unless you happen to compose the music yourself or happen to know the exact value a DJ used (note, for live performed music like guitars its never reliable as humans cannot perform consistent enough).

However, for CH sections of fast beats it can help at giving a nice distribution of points. So just for this purpose i would say a strict BPM value can benefit a lot. And these can on that work even better than beat detection in audio (since detection is rarely perfect). And if you know the start and end point, even if the BPM isnt a nice value, using some math you can probably figure out a value that just works.
It can do great things this way, even if for full song usage it most likely is a bad idea.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.