OpenFunscripter - another scripting tool - 1.1.9 release

Yes.

I have made a global setting in HandyControl where you can set the device limits. Those values are used by any calculation that needs them. Currently it’s set to the advertised values but you could also use other values if you create scripts for other toys or if the firmware or hardware changes one day.

Hi gagax123, I have an I dea, and no clue if it is possible, I created an Issue on Github,
It’s basically the Idea of manipulating the Points with the Indication-Slider of the T-Code window,
would be mouch easyer to script Roll and Pitch that way with the 3D Simulator on.

I messed up once, so if You have 2 Issues it’s just because I am an Idiot! :wink:

the multi axis edition

3 Likes

Great! So cool You added the Sliders! Thank You again! :wink:

OFS is really slow with h265 or it’s juste me ? On frame by frame it need 2 second to display the frame and it’s instant in h264 any suggestion ?

That is due to video compression. Read the last section of the getting started with scripting guide regarding how to re-encode the video into so called I-frames, i.e. into a video without compression.

You can use FunExpander to simplify the process by getting a user interface to ffmpeg described in the guide above:

@gagax123 Hey bud, not sure what happened. I recently tried to open OFS but recevied the following error:

Screenshot 2021-03-20 005041

I get the same error when using an older version of OFS. Any idea on what may be causing this?

Delete config.json and restart OFS and it should work. You will need to re-configure OFS, but it should start again.

You can always make a copy of the file and then edit the original. It could be invalid characters in the recent files paths stored in the file that are the culprits. Also, if you made a copy and delete the original you can compare restart OFS and close it again and compare the new settings with the old and see if there are something strange in the old one. Opening a ticket in the project @ github with your config file attached could also be an option so that gagax123 can debug it.

Hey @sentinel @gagax123

I tried deleting the config.json but it reset everything like none of the windows are in the correct position. Is there a way to reset them to their correct positions?

I don’t know, if there is a way to reset the position of the windows.
But you can just drag them and let them snap, to where you want them to be.

@gagax123

Hey, I was wondering if you would be willing to add a new scripting mode or make an adjustment to Alternating Mode. I predominantly script on a laptop which so I’ve been thinking of ways to speed up the scripting process particularly in places where actions are repetitive so i’m just going back and forth from 0-100,0-90, then back to 0-100.

As it stands I use my right hand to navigate so moving forward/backwards, jump to next point and I have the position mapped to keys that i can use with my left hand.

Z-100, X - 90, C - 80, V - 70.

When a motion goes up down, I slow myself down because i now have to use my right hand to the keypad select the corresponding bottom number, <50. I can use alternating mode which helps but there are some rules that I don’t quite understand. So for example, if i key 90, then want to key 0 with the 100 key it actually goes to 100 and not 0.

So my suggestion is if there could be a mode that simply does inverse. So if i press 100, then the next key will have to be sub 50, so in this case if Z is 100, then if I press Z again it gives me 0. If I press X - 90, then if i Press Z it would give me 0, or if I press C, it would give me 20. If i double pressed it would take me back to the number above 50.

I hope you kind of get what i’m saying and hopefully it wouldn’t be something too difficult to implement. Not sure how helpful it would be to others but if others use a laptop to script i think it would speed up back and forth movements considerably.

Type %appdata% in the windows menu search bar and delete OFS folder that’s there. It will reset all windows and your settings. Just make a backup before doing that.

I showed it in the 2nd part of my video tutorial, it’s should be somewhere near the beginning:

1 Like

Yea I knew that but for some reason, I can’t get the controls & Time to snap into the correct bottom positions. They key getting tabbed together which isn’t what I want.

That’s why i thought if there was a way to just reset them all to their original posiiton it would be helpful

Yes, that worked. Thank you, that was nice & easy

Stay focused on your own, @sentinel :wink:

1 Like

This is a great tool, @gagax123. Thanks for building it :slight_smile:

small release

Deleting “imgui.ini” resets everything.
I tried having a reset in the UI but that broke more than it helped.
Technically the imgui docking & the multi-viewport stuff that I’m using are all beta features of imgui.
So right now deleting “imgui.ini” is the way to reset the layout.
Deleting the whole folder obviously resets everything aswell

Also

Alternating mode now alternates every key press instead of looking at previous actions

I think this was all you wanted.

2 Likes

Yes!!! Thank you for implementing this so quickly excited to give this a try

I usually make manual copies of the files before I make any bigger change or continue my work.

This one is actually slightly baffling to me. Now if I make a mistake in alternating mode and delete some points to try it again, I have to remember the last input I made instead of just looking at the previous point. Maybe we could just have a toggle for this?