OpenFunscripter - another scripting tool - 2.0.0 release

Hi, im trying to install OpenFunScripter on my windows 10 pc to try to create my own scripts. When I download the .exe from github and try to run the application i get a system error that says “the code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.” I tried reinstalling and the same error occurs. I thought I had the prerequisites downloaded aswell?(Ran Lavfilter.75 installer.exe, and when I try to Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 it says I already have version installed. Was wondering if anyone could tell me what’s wrong, as I am a complete noob when it comes to computer stuff. Sorry for my naivety, and thanks for your time.

You’re definetly missing https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

Ok, only other question is, is that i have like 10 different microsoft c ++'s installed with varrying years, can I uninstall all of them except the one you linked, or do i need all of them including the one you linked. Thanks for your help, really appreciate it.

No idea to be honest.
Remove them at your own risk.

I apparently have 5 right now.
redist

On my side there are 16 versions :sweat_smile:

The short answer is that you shall not uninstall any VC++ redists since that can break software that you have installed on your computer.

Every Visual Studio version used to write and compile source code into running software has its own version of the VC++ redist(ributable). Visual Studio 2010 (VS2010) has VC++ 2010 redist, VS2013 has VC++ 2013 and so on. There are also 32 bit (x86) and 64 bit (x64) versions of each VC++ redist. However, Microsoft realized that this is cumbersome to keep track of so from VS2015 and forward they started to release one with VC++ redist that includes all VC++ redistributables from 2015 and forward. Software developed with earlier versions of Visual Studio still need the older VC++ redists.

I have noticed this on a few of my scripts and on the newest one its realy obvious and making it more than impossible to sync the script since the video and audio is also off sync.

In the video the girl spanks herself and you can hear it 2-3 frames before the waveform shows it.
The audible spank happens at (1) and the waveform shows it at (2). After recompiling the video the waveform now is shifted another half frame to (3). I had saved the project on the original video and then loaded it with the modified video.

Is this a common issue? How can i fix this? Is there an offset for the waveform? The offset seems to be stable for the whole video.

I was definetly able to reproduce this.
I’m using ffmpeg to export a mono 320 kbps constant bitrate mp3 and for some reason that introduces a slight delay.

Above the generated mp3 below the same audio stream copied via ffmpeg -i ... -c:a copy audio.ogg and then converted to wav via ffmpeg -i audio.ogg audio.wav.
It’s really weird but that’s why the waveform is slightly offset.

Edit
Switching to flac helped.
Apparently due to how mp3’s work the encoder inserts silence at the start & end which causes the mp3’s to be longer and out of sync with the original video audio. Flac doesn’t do that.

Above mp3 version below flac version.
The difference is like 12 milliseconds.
The version below aligns perfectly with what audacity shows so I’m going to trust it.

When playing back in slow motion it can still seem out of sync because the player doesn’t have that kind of precision when it comes to playing back audio.
That’s my explanation anyway.
So you’ll have to trust the visual waveform that it is accurate and not listen to the slowmotion audio which isn’t accurate.

1 Like

12ms seems quite good. In my case it was 80-100ms offset (40ms per frame) and this was too much for me. So you mean I just have to place the timestamps on the waveform and ignore the slow motion audio? Or do I have to convert the movie to a audio flac file to get a better result?

On my previous script I only could use my ears to set most of the timestamps since the waveform was so noisy that beats were almost never visible. Took me a lot of trial and error to sync this as it played slightly different on Handy and I had to move timestamps a bit afterwards.

Once a video file is opened is there a way to exit without having to save the project?
I often look at existing funscripts and video to see how they are scripted and then make no chanes, just exit. Can that be done in this ver?
Thanks

@Lucifie There’s conversion that you can do which will help.

@hosenguy No, right now a project file is always created.
But changes won’t get written back to the funscript. Your only saving the project file.

Is a choice of cancel or exit without saving possible in the box as you exit OFS in a future version?

If I open a script and make no changes then OFS just closes without asking me.
If I did something then it asks if I wan’t to save. Just say ‘no’ and it closes.

It just creates a project file that I then have to delete.

1 Like

Am I missing something or is does the 3D simulator not have the capability to reflect the surge and sway axis for the SR6?

1 Like

Try Tempo mode. You you can set your own resolution.
grafik

Every time I press play the video plays for .1s and then stop. Impossible to use.
Had to downgrade to 1.2.0 and the problem doesn’t appear anymore.

OpenFunscripter is no longer available the github no longer exists?
Can someone share it with us again?
Do you have any explanations for this disappearance?
Thank you

yes. sorry but I nuked the account. don’t want to talk about it :upside_down_face:
I will reupload it soon, didn’t mean to vanish the project.

1 Like

@gagax123 You gave me a scare there :slight_smile: Happy to hear that it’s coming back eventually.

The project has now a new home @ OpenFunscripter/OFS
Still have to setup the CI again so no releases yet.

2 Likes