Play "Handy" scripts on a Fleshlight Launch

I would recommend mode-locking your device after installing Ignition, otherwise you’ll be back in the Kiiroo bootloader if your device is turned off for whatever reason. There is no need to restart the Launch if Liftoff fails to install, reload the page and try again, the update process will resume where it left off.

If you do end up back in the Kiiroo bootloader but already have Ignition installed you can switch to app mode without having to reinstall. Ignition will automatically mode-lock when Liftoff is installed.

1 Like

First off, thanks dude. :smiley:

This is a game changer, finally got the opportunity today to test this out and it works flawlessly. I’ve had the Launch since it came out and never really used it since the Handy came along.
But now, I think this will be the go to toy from now on!

The manual control buttons on my Launch failed a long time ago, so this was a no brainer doing this upgrade. I’ve also fixed a power supply to the Launch so I never have to worry about battery life ever again, which to be honest the Launch OEM battery wouldn’t last long with this new insane speed!

3 Likes

:smirk: Incredible, my Launch is Back ! Better than before !
Glad I didn’t get rid of it…

It took me about ten minutes for the whole process with Chrome.
Everything worked fine the first time.
Many thanks to the author of these replacement firmwares.

2 Likes

I have tested the “upgrade” process. No problem. Everything went fine.
I have tested only one script, looks fine.
Thank you very much for your work!

Trying an upgrade, but on the start of the firmware load step, I got the red/blue flashing LED but then got an error for “NotSupportedError: GATT operation failed for unknown reason.”

I tried reloading the page, and now I get the same error at the point of connecting on step 2. I’ve turned the launch off and on (as it wasn’t past firmware load yet), and it returns to the blue/red flashing with the red power flashing. Any suggestions from anyone who made it through? :smiley:

EDIT: I went into my bluetooth devices and removed the launch from the paired devices. I then turned the launch and my bluetooth off and on again, and then when it repaired it was able to continue!

1 Like

Bluetooth on Windows can be a little confusing and wonky. Do not pair your device through Windows’ own bluetooth settings, that will make it inaccessible to Chrome. “Pairing” to a device in Chrome should not cause Windows to add that device to the list of bluetooth devices, if it does show up in there make sure to remove it before proceeding.

so i upgraded my launch and i’ve been using it fine for a few weeks, but today i turned it on, and am not getting the blue light, just red, and bluettoth seems to be not working, so i was wondering if anybody got an idea or if its just dead bluetooth and can’t do nothign about it

There are two different red lights on the Launch, the bluetooth indicator is red/blue while the power indicator is red/green. If the power indicator is red that means the battery is low. If the bluetooth indicator is pulsating red that means the homing procedure failed. If the bluetooth light does not come on at all that is consistent with a dead bluetooth module :frowning:

yeah, its the bluetooth indicator thats the issue, battery is full
oh well, i thought that will be the case, well at least now i got a reason to upgrade to handy or so :slight_smile:

This is really great upgrade for launch, especially manual mode disable is very good. How many times i have been accidentally press that manual mode button and lost bluetooth connection.
Now i can throw The Handy to the trash.
Thank You.
I have one Launch witch has broken bluetooth module, where could i find any info about repair?

1 Like

Bless you!!! My launch has been collecting dust and only using it with the buttons. It cant run a lot of the scripts anymore because it chokes out a lot. Osr is great and all but its too stationary. With the launch, i can move around fast.

The instructions were confusing but that is a me issue. I got impatient but somehow, it all worked out. Fired it up on some of the pmvs i made that just never felt good with the pre-updated launch. My oh my. It handled it like a champ. Now i kinda love using my launch for vr… Thank you for giving new life to my launch. Will literally keep using this til it dies and hopefully, i can find another one someday if and when it breaks.

I was going to buy a handy because im just desperate for a more portable device than osr but better than the launch. You still prefer the launch than the handy?

No-one has written up a guide on how to do the repair as far as I’m aware.

Looking at this teardown picture, the bluetooth module is the component on the very left:

The replacement part number is “RN4871-V/RM118” (very important to get the 1.18 firmware version, newer versions will not work). Chances are you won’t be able to get it from a reputable source these days but you should be able to find some old stock.

4 Likes

Yep, after this upgrade handy doesn’t offer anything that launch could not do. The most annoying thing in the handy has that “offset” it is very weird to hold and you have to tinker some kind bracket to hold it, basically you can’t use it with normal size fleshlight.
I prefer Launch because its has decent battery life, fast enough, effortless to use and works with fleshlights.

3 Likes

Thanks, do i need reprogram new chip somehow or just replace it?

It is a drop in replacement, it comes programmed from the factory. That is why it’s so important to get the RM118 model which has the correct firmware version. It is technically possible to reprogram it after the fact but I wouldn’t bet on being able to “downgrade” any of the later versions.

2 Likes

Sweet. Your comment plus @cfs6t08p saved me a lot of money then lol. No more fear of missing out. Thanks!!!

1 Like

Had a chance to try this out and it has made the launch so much more responsive it is unreal, really breathed new life into it, thank you so much!

I think not every “handy” script is going to be well-suited, down to the way cased/sleeved strokers tend to minimise small movements, but at least it performs them all now instead of skipping them completely like it used to!

Not melting sleeves or trapping skin like the keon are huge plusses too!

I just about have soldering skills, so now find myself considering picking up one or two of the bluetooth chips while they are still available, just in case.

1 Like

I would like to echo this sentiment.

I definitely recommend this to anyone who has a launch. :wink:

1 Like

I have tried to search for this chip (RN4871-V/RM118) but it seems difficult to find.
Anyone have idea where i could find this (from EU-area if possible).
A few chips gonna cost a ridiculous amount when ordered from america land.