🌀 [Review] FUN SR1 2.0: Stroker With a Twist!

So, the FunSR1 just got a 2.0. Supposed to be:

• More robust
  • Smoother in motion
  • Less noisy
  • Easier to mount
  • Twist

I got my hands on one of these more fancy tissue boxes. It even arrived in its own storage case.

Without further ado, here goes a brief review of the device on what changed. Stick around for a discount code at the end.

If you haven’t got to know about the FunSR1 and why it matters, here’s my review about the 1.0: 🏗️ FUNSR1 In Action: Beats the Handy?

:framed_picture: Overview

SR1 2.0 with the default receiver.

Size comparison between the Handy, FunSR1 2.0 and 1.0.

Stroke length of the SR1 2.0 is 110mm, in par with the Handy.

Another welcomed change is that the USB-C port is now on the same side as the DC jack, which should make easier cable management. Or, you can also use the device with Bluetooth to save the need for a serial cable.

:building_construction: Load

Capable of slinging a 1kg onahole, just like its predecessor.

:cyclone: The Twist

The receiver is now “bolt-on”. They are separate from the slider and needs to be secured with a GoPro thumb screw.

And this allowed one to use the new Twist receiver in place of the default one.

The twist is directly compatible with Fleshlights. But if you prefer onaholes like me, there’s an adapter to clamp one in place.

This is no ordinary T-twist. It is capable of making a full circle (360°) as opposed to the 270° range limited by servos. It is also less noisy in comparison.

twist up-down_twist

And that makes the SR1 2.0 a Multi-Axis toy that is capable of playing funscripts ending with .twist (R0).

Here’s just a few applications for the twist that I could think of:

When she rubs the glans: (script)

To make up for the grinding motions: (script)

Humanly impossible tongue movements: (script)

And because it rotates 360°, it can be used to simulate position changes! (script)

Aside from realism, one may add decorative twist movements just to spice up the plain strokes. I had also been adding twists near finish to help reach orgasm on what is otherwise short strokes.

piper

Even if there isn’t a twist script available, you can use the motion generator in MultiFunPlayer to get some random twists, or linking the twist axis to an existing axis to have them move together.

For the best application, someone should go and script some Micky Yanai

HRDV-00389

:studio_microphone: Noise

I recorded 3 devices running this script loaded with a 380g onahole. In terms of amplitude they are more or less the same, so it really comes down to the quality of the sound. Have a listen.

Click here if the video does not play.

Having a working twist module, as expected, making the thing louder. Although I would say it’s still a step away from the T-Twist 4 that uses 3D-printed plastic gears.

:package: New Mounting Solution

There is now 2 additional 1/4 threaded inserts on the top that can be fitted with a NATO rail mount. This can then be connected to whatever camera equipment you have. I personally use the C-clamp + magic arm solution I used for the Handy.

If you don’t have a solution yet, there is one that you may select at checkout.

:tickets: Promo

If this review helped you, please use my promo code for a discount at purchase!

:tickets: Get -$10 with FALAFEL

Product link
Aliexpress - FUN SR1 2.0 Flashlight Automatic Stroker Robot Funscript

The FunSR1 is based on the SSR1 designed by TempestMax. If you enjoy DIY and would like to follow the development of it, consider also subscribing to TempestMax.

thumb

25 Likes

That sounds amazing. Does that pair easily with SLR and DEOVR over wifi like the handy? I unfortunately cannot use bluetooth on my PC, even with a dongle.

Because honestly that twist is making me SWEAT :hot_face:. You know how I love monster girls, after all. And I’m also not comfortable with tilting motions yet. Worried it’ll snap my twig off lol.

I just might get it with your promo code…

2 Likes

Hi @Falafel I would like to buy this product in the future, but aliexpress cant ship it to germany. What can I do?

Might not be entirely wireless like Handy but there should be a way.

USB works for me, thanks for the answer. I already placed the order lol I figured I’d figure it out anyway.

1 Like

Nice, they listened to me about the NATO rail top mount. Now you can mount it the safe way, that is adapter away from you so nothing can drop into the machine.

I am waiting for Tempests solution for the SSR1 that will be more silent and will add less weight to the moving part and of course much cheaper.

2 Likes

Would you recommend getting this or an sr6 or osr2? I’m kind of overwhelmed by the options as such a simple handy user.

This if you just want an upgrade from the Handy, without the faff.
If you want to get into DIY stuff, the OSR2 is a good option. SR6 is worth it only if you are a hardcore VaM and multi-axis script user, imo.

2 Likes

And it seems to be made of 3D printed material? Well, if that were the case, I’d be a little hesitant to buy it.

Yes, the casing and some internal components are made using a 3D printer, but the core parts have been replaced with other materials. Currently, it’s not possible to make the entire device through injection molding.

1 Like

Always appreciate your reviews. Really like the idea of simulating position changes. Always thought twist would be more prominent in bj scripts/vids but the position change is pretty cool to see.

Off-topic, but what onahole are you using in the 1kg and position change vid?

1 Like

For the 1KG video:
Puni virgin 1000 Fuwatoro - Hatopla OtonaJP EcchiTokyo

For the position change:
半熟おとめ by RQS x Demontoys - RQS
I don’t know if this can still be bought outside of Japan.

4 Likes

damn that looks soft. Surprised it’s heavier than the lolinco virgo premium hard. Thanks for sharing, might grab one for myself. :grin:

edit:
oh damn, its 2 different onaholes?? Thought they were the same.

Yep. I can recommend the Puni Virgin 1000 Fuwatoro for those who wants more impact from their toys without buying an actual hip. It gets oily though so make sure to have it powdered up after wash.

The RQS one is lighter (850g) and stiffer. It’s a decent toy too but not as outstanding when put next to the Puni Virgin 1000.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll add it to the list for black friday sale. Hopefully TD can restock by then, but if not, I’ll just grab it from otonajp

1 Like

Now I’m just more excited to actually get it.
Thanks for all your testing!

1 Like

Great review! I would love to have one!

About the twist, can it rotate more than 360? like… make 2 or 3 full rotations to one direction? or it is limited to one rotation length per direction?

(I know its “360” but I want to be sure about the limitations :sweat_smile:)

Thanks!

It’s limited to one full circle unfortunately. So no endless spinning in one direction.

In your .twist script:
0 = 0°
50 = 180°
100 = 360°

There might be some hacky ways to make it go beyond that limit, as it’s more of a restriction in the code to make it compatible with traditional twist scripts, rather than a hardware limitation (the motor itself doesn’t have this limit).

1 Like

Welcome to Discord! Here you’ll find relevant tutorials, along with many users who are also interested in our products just like you .

1 Like

I’m curious, how fast can it rotate?