Script Plagiarism Discussion

That sounds really over my head, and likely not feasible for most scripters, but I did start a company name for this work so its something I should look into at least I think for my scripts, thanks for the info @sentinel

Yes, agreed - just an apology would have been nice to have seen by now

Yes, but in my case, it can 100% be proven - its not right or fair to leave this unaddressed with any suspicion lingering in the air in the open like this

Its provable because I have the raw original file before simplification which I’ve already sent out, which should clear my work without a doubt
The only way to get the stroke shapes that I have in my raw file is to script from scratch and using my own brain to script with
No ‘jitter’ or interpolation post editing of a copied script should be able to recreate this

Its literally like my own fingerprint, and impossible to fake or replicate thankfully

Heres some more pics in case anyone still has doubts

Correct, I did completely misunderstand :upside_down_face: - I see what you mean though - how much original ideas can you put together on paper when everyone has basically has had a take on everything already before you right?

People do have unique ways of stringing words together though, similar to scripting I’d say so should overall be apparent by focused side by side comparisons

Still, 10% seems pretty unforgiving - I hope that system has some kind of fair recourse for dispute because that would not be cool too if you know your work is original and a broken system flagged it as plagiarism

I remember having to use TurnItIn (a similar plagiarism software) back in my university days. It was notoriously annoying to have to deal with. For us, it was more “sorry, the document you submitted has a TurnItIn score of less than 90%, please fix and resubmit” and it just wouldn’t let you submit assignments until they passed.

Which was extra annoying when you had to include quotes and stuff. Or when it turns out that you use phrases like “in this writer’s opinion” too much, and it goes "oh this sentence fragment appears heaps in other works, SMELLS LIKE PLAGIARISM!

…stupid TurnItIn.

Alright I held off locking this thread when it was in a nice sidetrack of discussing the technicalities of potential derivative works and new file formats, but I’ll be locking it now.

I know the topic is now closed but I want to clear some things off since it started some quarrels and negative comments towards me or @Realcumber. Wish I had time earlier to check on the topic, maybe we could avoid this.

First of all, I want to sincerely apologize @Realcumber for my rashed actions. I checked the raw file that he sent me again and it’s a hard proof that HIS SCRIPT IS A COMPLETELY SEPARATE WORK from mine. I’m exclusively doing my scripts frame by frame, so there should be no reason to think otherwise, but things went differently.

Maybe I thought that his script will appear a little bit later and emotions took over - scripting process is a real time killer and takes a lot of motivation to be complete for scenes this long - motivation that I lost when the new script showed up shortly after mine.

Instead of using this situation as opportunity to further improve my scripting skills I decided to make accusations that in the moment I wrote them looked totaly valid, but are not.

Once again, I’m truly sorry and hope you @Realcumber and all the people who lost their trust in me can forgive me this one day.

PS: To all “advisors” who want to help me go over to court with this - you guys are nuts if you think that one text file filled with numbers is worth this much hassle.

@moderators If it’s possible I propose moving all the replies beginning from my false accusations over to new thread to not misinform people interested in buying this script.

14 Likes