ScriptAxis - a searchable, sortable, filterable funscript directory

This is a really good Idea!
I’ve been really annoyed because it takes hours to find good scripts+Videos…
And this way you could always see some screens/gifs.
Maybe Ou could also Include some speed rating or something like that.

Yeah I’ve been using the prototype a little lately and it’s just such a massive difference being able to actually browse, I’m sure that I’m on the right track, I just need to finish making it usable haha

I’m still kind of undecided on the inclusion of more than just a thumbnail image - hosting and serving thousands of images will get kind of expensive. GIFs in particular can have really huge filesizes. Initially it’ll just be a single thumbnail, but a ‘preview image gallery’ kind of thing is on the list of potential improvements…

And yes a speed rating will definitely be included for scripts that have attached .funscript files (which will be none of them initially…)

1 Like

So I checked on the site a bit and this is a really cool idea.
I skipped the long thread so apologies if anyone has said anything I’m about to say already.

I noticed the site is quite slow and I think I know why.
looking at the sites’ files everything is generated by code. Nothing is static being stored in a database. It waits on the server to execute all it’s code and send the response back.

This is both bad for the server and the end user because it’s highly intensive and slow.
My first recommendation is creating a database. I recommend Postgres.

After a few reloads it seems to pick up speed I would assume the code creates a cache server-side.

The second thing is file size. This file is enormous. This site is way too simple for this much code.
I get it’s minified but this needs to be reduced. 500kb may not seem like a lot, but with enough files, it adds up.

Performance aside, I’m really liking how it’s turning out. Is there any plans to crowdsource entries?
You can keep it as is with no file hosting, and just pointing to the sources. information aggregation is really great and I assume is all this is site is supposed to be.

1 Like

Yeah the site is slow as shit haha. There are a few reasons for this:

• I’m running on the free tier of Heroku Postgres so all my queries take ages
  • There are many redundant API calls going on in the background that I haven’t gotten around to removing yet
  • Most of the pages don’t have any loading skeletons or anything set up, so the whole page is unresponsive while waiting for API responses
  • I generally have no idea what I’m doing with web development haha

There is definitely a database though, it’s actually Postgres so I agree with your recommendation!

And yeah taking a look at that file it seems like basically all of it is moment.js, which is notorious for being way bigger than it needs to be. I might switch to Day.js which was created to solve that exact problem.

But yes there’s no fucking way I’m going to enter 5,000 entries myself, I’m definitely going to be relying on the community to enter in all the scripts that currently exist. @mADsCRIPTS has a database of over a thousand scripts that hopefully will be integrated, although it wasn’t created for ScriptAxis so I’ll probably need to do a chunk of work to adapt it.

If you’re keen to keep tabs on the project, it’s all open-sourced on GitHub, so feel free to create / comment on issues - I’m also very open to pointers since I’m quite new to web development!

2 Likes

Just commenting to say thank you for all the hard work you’re putting into this, the funscript community is so awesome and you’re making it even better!

1 Like

Great project :+1:
If wasn’t so busy with OFS I would immediatly start contributing. :grin:

1 Like

Just thought I would post an update here for those interested! Over the last three weeks, I’ve fixed up some bugs, made the whole site quite a bit faster/more responsive, fixed a ton of bugs and most importantly, added loads of new scripts.

As of right now, there are 158 scripts on the site, and I add more basically every day! :smiley:

I would say that the site is now ‘useful’ - it has most of the scripts that have been posted over the last 6-ish weeks (with the exceptions of ones that I’m not personally interested in like furry, celebrity jerk off challenges, etc - I’m just too lazy to do the data entry on them myself haha).

I’m aaalmost ready to open up user registrations, so that people can start submitting scripts themselves. The one big missing feature is mobile support - you can use the site on your phone right now, but it involves a lot of zooming! I’m probably not going to add mobile support in this version of the site - the whole thing needs a rebuild now that I know how everything fits together, and in that rebuild I’ll make sure that I’m including mobile support as I go.

Go take a look if you haven’t visited yet / in a while!

https://scriptaxis.com

5 Likes

Hello!

Site looks great. Really looking forward to that users can create accounts. This should add way more scripts. It’s a fantastic overview, that is really needed with the amount of scripts we have in here.

A few questions, if you don’t mind:

Do you have any concrete plans for creators? Anyway I can get easily verified as a creator? I read on your github, that the log in via eroscripts account is more complicated and won’t be available any time soon. So, is there a way I can become a creator on your site and manage my scripts on my own, upload, link them and so on?

Are there any plans to integrate ScriptAxis into the eroscripts forum?

Any way to customize my account? For example, like I can in the forum. I can add some information for my account, tell some stuff, show my favorite/best script I created, tell for what device my scripts are and so on.

Can I customize my scripts I upload (I mean this part here)? For example add a description, add my own tags to it, maybe put thumbnails in, heatmaps and so on.

Thank you very much in advance :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Looking really awesome!
Great Work on that!

1 Like

Responses, in order!

1. Yes absolutely! I have many, many plans. The verification process to link a user account with a Creator is something I’ve been thinking about a lot. Initially, it’ll probably manual (like you sending me a message on EroScripts with a secret key). Until I have a secure and reliable way to verify creators, it’s not really possible for me to host .funscript files on ScriptAxis, so I’m very keen to figure that out, but I know how important it is that I get it right so I’m going slow with it.
  2. Not per se - but it would be amazing to do so! I’ve been thinking of messaging @hugecat to see if we can find some time to chat about possibilities - discourse is a really modern and feature-rich platform so there’s lots of cool things we could do together.
  3. Not right now, but once I have the verification system working, I’ll definitely spend some time working on the Creator page a little more. I’m thinking a general ‘content’ field where you can enter markdown and the ability to have up to four featured scripts. I’m definitely interested to know what kinds of customization options creators want though!
  4. Yeah, once a creator is verified, they’ll immediately gain complete ownership of all scripts that are attributed to them and can edit, delete, etc. as they wish (which is why it’s so important that the verification system is resistant to abuse!)
1 Like

happy to chat!
I’m currently a bit slammed right now, but I’ll probably be more free starting next weekend.

Haha oops I didn’t mean to tag you - all good I’m super busy right now as well! I’ll send you a message next week! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much for the detailed answers. Looking forward to everything and to hear any kind of news and updates you have for us :slightly_smiling_face:

Love the idea, most of all please no fees of any sort. Let us enjoy your work for no cost, it would be greatly appreciated by all.

Not just an idea anymore, go give it a look, I find it to be quite useful!

https://scriptaxis.com/

Yes there definitely won’t be any fees to use it - there might be some kind of donation feature if people want to tip creators they like.

I’m also toying with the concept of including advertising so that people who make free scripts can get paid, but I’m verrrry hesitant to make that step, I’d prefer to keep everything free if possible.

3 Likes

is there a filter somewhere countrywise?
when i click 3d animation he changes to jav

Thanks very much defucilis, i have been watching your idea grow with help from some of the guys on here , well done it looks great.
Top man

1 Like

Looks great! As a creator of free and paid scripts, I have to ask. How about linking to paid scripts?

As that could mean that I can link to scriptaxis for people to view my scripts.

@doctor_disco There are tags for JAV and 3D Animation, so if you put them in the “Include Tags” filter that should work. I haven’t added many 3D Animation or JAV scripts, however…

@golfball thanks dude :smiley:

@Jasper666 Yeah definitely - I haven’t been adding paid scripts, but there’s no reason they couldn’t be added. That would probably be another top-level data field, so you could check a box that says ‘Paid Script’ when adding your script.

1 Like

Wow…awesome job and website…thinking about tipping!

1 Like