SexLikeReal is looking for script partners

I will just drop this here before I read the rest of your post:

And it was long after my hidden post situation, after you promised to not hide any post again. Didn’t want to bring more drama back then, but this is how it is. Let me guess - you messaged the guy, he didn’t respond because he was busy, or the message got lost in notification system so you decided to hide the post until he replies.

This is the post for reference:
https://discuss.eroscripts.com/t/vrcosplayx-alexis-adams-fucktastic-four-a-xxx-parody/7275

This is fucking ridiculous all around.

1 Like

I must say that I really appreciate The Handy integration in SLR App (and DeoVR I guess). It made the world for a good experience and ease of use. Many thanks for that! :clap:

I can only speak for my self, but the major hurdle of engaging with the commercial side is the tax aspect, especially when being an individual and not a company. The fact that I have no intention to leave my day job is also a major reason since I find my job too rewarding on many levels. I don’t want to commit myself to have to produce x scripts each month etc. So I release all my scripts for free and hopefully people find them good enough and realize how fantastic the experience of interactive toys can be when they have high quality scripts. That hopefully leads people to search for more content and drive traffic to sites like SLR and others.

Free and open communities vs companies and paid stuff has always been in a kind of conflict. It’s like the open source community. Microsoft shifted from being closed and having proprietary software to being much more open and work much more with open source. The open source communities really like that a lot. I believe it’s when people feel trapped or forced in a specific direction without options that creates negativity. Keep up the good work with SLR App and continue to give back and hopefully our community see the positive side of it. The negative side always tend to dominate on the Internet unfortunately.

5 Likes

Thanks for pointing out - I forgot about that one - yeah that one was brought to my attention - in hindsight I probably shouldnt have done for backlash reasons like this, but unlisting definitely isn’t the same as banning/deleting (you can see it re-listed)

What alot of you dont know is behind the scenes alot of attempts have been made to take unfair advantage of JFS - SLR/RS have been in place to keep at least @raser1 involved, I think thats considerate to say the least, and I think thats a huge plus for the industry and for next advancements in interactive that he helps propel forward

1 Like

Sorry @Weavols , but you have idea on the history of whats been going on and in development for the last several years here in this community
I never said all scripts exist by me - but a ton of them do lol
@raser1 's JFS app is actually the father of the vast majority of scripts in existence though
Hate to point it out publically, but OFS is literally a direct copy of JFS

Its all good @Nodude - lets get the elephants out of the room - I’m open for discussion (not drama) as long as we are all being civil and reasonable about things

I agree and I dont know how you can connect your Handy or even launch/Keon toy any easier to watch in VR - it was alot of investment of time and resources for SLR to do that, and then even make it free for everyone to use

Sorry about the tax thing for you, which seems more problematic in EU - but SLR is doing the right thing in following the law
Its really not that difficult to set up a sole proprietorship, sales should definitely more than offset any startup costs - I know peeple are more worried since its just new to them

If anyone is worried about commitments scripting commercially - there are none
You make what you want when you want, as much or as little as you want - no time commitments whatsoever
We find that best to keep this scripting as a hobby and we all have regular lives so we understand free time is sometimes hard to come by
All we ask is a good level of scripting to give the customer best value for their hard earned money spent

1 Like

So you mean I just misunderstood the post by @raser1 ?

Its under development yes, again for specific custom preferences for me, and for potential multi axis scripting in the future, hence under ‘development’ and the avoidance of things being simply copied

Currently all commercial scripters are using the same JFS as everyone else is

1 Like

Care to elaborate what was the reason? Maybe it isn’t the same as banning/deleting the post, but the message can be clear to someone trying to do something out of schedule.

When I look at some of your paid scripts I see some jitter here and there, kinda like HandyControl does. Should I hide your posts and bring your scripts to attention of @Lucifie, because of that? Maybe it’s your scripting method, maybe it’s your custom JFS but maybe it’s HandyControl jitter function. What I’m trying to tell it’s almost impossible to verify what tools you used for your funscript, because the file can be easily opened with notepad and cleaned manually before posting.

Shit, all the time I’ve invested reading this thread should have been used for productive scripting! :wink:

9 Likes

Yeah of course I can elaborate - It was simply the (assumed) non personal use of JFS outside of @raser1 's request.
Thanks for understanding the difference between banning/deleting a post, but the message is clear on JFS main page in bold letters - share scripts for free using JFS or contact him otherwise:

The assumption that he was using JFS was because OFS was literally only released a few weeks prior, including bugs and difficulty with VR scripting compared to JFS. Either way it was still allowed ultimately

So we will now hide posts based on assumptions? If you wanted proof you could buy the script incognito and then see for yourself. JFS and OFS were not the only tools that could be used for scripting back then.

All hail realcumber, he allowed the guy to post his script in the paid category (sorry, just couldn’t resist)

2 Likes

Doublevr comes with an suggestion that SLR users has requested, that there should be a montly subscription. And asking for opinion on THIS. I think it’s a good idea obviously, cheaper for the customer.

I’m not sure about motivation for creating scripts will be as good. Maybe some new deals for vendors. Anyway, it is a good direction.

This is a general topic. If you don’t have anything on the topic to discuss, there’s no reason to write.
No reason to destroy threads, it is what gets the users attention for reading. (even though some might enjoy how the thread turned out)

I feel sorry for Doublevr…2 ruined threads. I get why you get frustrated with the response when posting some info that most SLR user requested.

2 Likes

Its ok @Weavols , there was a big community at Realtouchscripts for several years - thats when JFS was created and available.
I can see why it seems OFS doesnt look like a copy to you and newer members, but most members here are aware of it
You can actually read tons of guys suggesting exact JFS features to be added to to OFS

I’m definitely not at all butthurt - in fact I would love to ‘siphon the rewards of everyone else’s scripts’ if I truly wanted to and rip of the customer by allowing sub standard scripts on anytime on SLR

But I havent otherwise you would see a ton of random scripts on SLR. Not just any first timer scripts/scripters can get on SLR without decent quality checks to be fair to stand alongside the good hard work that fellow scripters put into them at SLR that make the experience worth it

Lol all good - I know you mean well overall - dont mean to butt heads with you - we’ve had many great heart to heart conversations and I very much respect you

IMO - hiding a post until discussed is the method of dealing with flagged posts - moderation is new to me, but I understood this to be the best route of looking into something first without unfairly automatically deleting it
I am thankful of that feature which, although I am extremely wary of using it ever again, but at least theres some moderation possible here, unlike RTS

I’m not sure if you do remember but in particular RTS days, guys have tried to go around JFS non commercial use many times before unfortunately - I don’t think thats fair at all to him and the tons of scripts we have been able to make and enjoy because of his editor

2 Likes

@Realcumber is right that OFS used JFS as a boilerplate to get started in early versions. However, since then it has got a bunch of unique features that doesn’t exist in the public version of JFS to my knowledge. Multiaxis support is one of the more recent features that OFS got for example.

4 Likes

The quality control is something neccessary, otherwise SLR would end up with a lot of dissatisfied customers. Although I think it would be a little bit more fair and risk free if SLR paid you for each script separately. Because it always can end up in two ways - the script won’t sell and your comission will be really low for the time spent on quality control OR the script will sell really well and you will end up with a lot of money for just a tiny part of time spent on checking compared to the time someone made the script for.

I can confirm. I tried to look into paid scripting at some point and everytime I read about the taxes regulations it really doesn’t look like something worth to me. Mainly because sole proprietorship would mess up with my current job contract, but also because the taxes are complicated. Hard to blame SLR because every country have different laws, but it’s definitely something that can push you away from commercial scripting.

I feel like it might be a good idea to create the category with only recruit topics where the posts are automatically closed after creation so people can’t reply. People interested in offers would have to contact the employers via e-mail like it’s normally done when it comes to this. It would be also easier to search through than general category.

Yup, all good. I sometimes can go nuts, because of some stuff I went through irl in the past. I think it’s time for a mod to split / clear the topic a little bit.

If I remember correctly it’s nowhere close to those numbers, maybe with taxes involved. I might be wrong but maybe you are looking in the wrong place for comissions - specifcally cuts for people who are doing VR?

That’s not correct. There are a lot of people involved too.

What a load of drivel. SLR comes in looking to make some of the larger advancements in what has previously been a niche of a niche. They then proceed to get railed and needled in bizarre fashion until they wish they never mentioned it. Again, this has previously been a niche of a niche - the scripting community is a small one. People being put off is bad!

It may even be the case that some of the ways things happen aren’t perfect right now, they even tried to be reasonable about that even though none of that is strictly relevant to this thread.

There are better ways to do whatever the hell it is people were trying to do here. Way to impede progress for the rest of us guys.

@doublevr - yes please. Progress is good. More scripts are good. More access to scripts is good.

8 Likes

For the record that’s the current distribution:
35% - vendors
10% - management fee
5% - voluntary JFS Editor fee
15% - management and development fee
10% - studio fee as scripts are derivatives from a content.
25% - SLR share. Affiliate fee is deducted from SLR

We might review the structure in advantage of vendors. Also Realcumber and Raser become SLR exclusive partners.

Anyway you guys little appreciate a huge success of Interactives we managed to achieve. A ton more cool stuff is coming along with a fruitful eco-system for everyone involved. Your hostility in not appreciated at all.

The market has grown a lot over the year. Introducing Scripts Premium, connecting more devices and creating more scripts is going to make the market much bigger. I’m focused on building an eco-system everyone would enjoy. It was hard to get things going and I’m glad we managed that. Now I’m thinking of policies that would make everything long term sustainable.

There will be a ton of stuff made public so everyone can script with all the tools and knowledge of SLR script creators.

Also you won’t believe how hard was it to put everything together. Many times I just wanted to stop where it is. Fuck the haters in their stupid asses. Glad we made it.

6 Likes

LOL, the structure is exactly the same