Yeah, the name I chose for here does kinda fit a bit too well. Here’s what I’ve done so far:
I tested V0.14b, that opens up without any issues. Also to note no Arduino devices are currently hooked up to the computer. And the controller dongle is hooked up but no controller is on.
I then cleared the folder and unpacked the V0.2b zip into the same directory. Before starting anything I renamed the settings ini to settings.ini
With task manager open, I try the exe, click through the windows protection, and the dialogue comes up about defaults reset. While the dialogue is up, the process XTPlayer.exe is active in the task manager. Once I click OK, the task goes away.
I tried the debug bat, clicked through the protection, the process shows up while the dialogue is open, but disappears when I click through it. The only txt files in the directory after are HOWTO and README.
I tried using the reset command (changing the bat file), and as far as I can tell a process flashes up and off immediately. From trying it repeatedly, I’ve traced it to a Skype sub-process (?) that is marked as “COM Surrogate (32 bit)”.
Edit: Uninstalling Skype does not stop the problem, and now the task that’s popping up is “Windows Problem Reporting”.
Edit 2: Checking the event log, the Error getting reported is Event ID 4311, and it starts out “Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created.” There’s also a lot of warning about Application COM permissions not being granted.
Edit 3: In the application logs, this shows up:
“Faulting application name: XTPlayer.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f964fad
Faulting module name: qtexttospeech_sapi.dll, version: 126.96.36.199, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005”
All the errors appear to reference that dll.