A lot of software is Windows focused, what Mac options do we have?

Hey everyone,

Recently bought myself a Kiiroo Keon and have started to look at the software I’m going to need to sync with some scripts.

What I’m finding is that a lot of the tutorials include Windows and/or phone (specifically Android) software.
As someone who uses a Mac and an iPhone, I was wondering if a lot of these programs also work on Macbook Pros as I know that it has bluetooth?

Any help would be great, thanks!

We don’t have a lot of programs here and since the market share of other operating systems than windows is small there is a high chance that you will not find what you are looking for (not just for sync apps).

This alone won’t help the app to run on a mac.

You should try browser based apps and see if they work for you. For the Keon I don’t know any as I don’t own this toy.

1 Like

Hi. Did you try this? https://syncydink.buttplug.world/

I run it with Google Chrome (Version 89.0.4389.90) at MacBook with Bluetooth.
Click on Buttplug / then Connect Local. It should find the Keon.

Apple don’t make it easy for hobby programmers. I’m not a developer for Mac (I’m developing for Windows) so this is just how I’ve understood how development for Apple products works. It might not be entirely correct.

You have to pay an annual fee of 99 USD to become a member of the Apple Developer Program, which is required (as I understand it) to gain access to the tools and certificates you need to be able to deploy software on a Mac. As a hobby programmer that don’t get any money out of this, paying that kind of money might be a bit much. Also, you can’t be anonymous. You need to enroll to the program with your legal name and I assume that that name will be on the certificate used to digitally sign the application so that Mac OS will allow it to install/run. Not everyone want to put their real name on software for adult toys. If you want to join the developer program as an organization to become more anonymous then you have to pay 299 USD annually.

Many Mac users run Windows software in a virtual machine and that will most likely remain as the predominant way of gaining access to software like players and script creator tools.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.