Adding E-Stim support for VR and flat videos

Please suggest the most popular EStim devices to be supported first.

Any major EStim communities?

3 Likes

It really depends on the kind of signal you would be pushing, in my opinion. I don’t know what the experience is currently like with supported devices, but it can probably already easily work with Restim and Intiface just like Faptap does.

1 Like

I’ve resorted to using the funscript for a video and using the phase modulated funscript converter to convert it to an audio file then you gotta play it when you play the video to sync but it’s better than nothing

1 Like

That’s pretty much what I was doing for a long time until Diglet from Milovana came along with Restim which can plug into Intiface and interact with anything that works with T-Code. The signal is as pleasurable if not more, but in a totally different way. While the converted funscript file signal feels like a smooth and stable wave is going through your entire cock and prostate, Restim can be setup in a way that feels like your skin is actually getting stroked/licked etc. As far as pleasure goes, they both feel amazing, but when it comes to immersion, Restim wins hands down.

I’m gonna be honest, @doublevr I’m way more interested in the AI generated tool you have in the works(if I get to keep my scripts) than I am interested in the website supporting E-stim. I can generate my signal whichever way I want with the script after that, even on the fly. If you have some new way to generate signals we haven’t seen before though, then I’m all about it and I’m sure a lot more people would be interested.

Just my opinion though, I’m like neck deep in this thing. I probably have 5-6 software currently installed just to make everything that can generate T-Code, be translated into an E-stim signal of some kind in real time. This thing can be quite addictive, to whoever wants to get into this, you really gotta pace yourself :wink:.

Recently I managed to connect my estim box (which can generate independent biphasic pulses on two channels similar to ET312B in a triphase setup) to intiface. A small python script connects to intiface via websocket, acting like a fleshlight launch. This script retransmits the position and speed signal from for example faptap as UDP messages to my estim box. All communication and translations are instantaneous. End result is that I actually feel all the movement, which is very satisfying. So no need for anything special to support estim.

1 Like

yes please, Current subscriber to your service. Love the passthrough!

Which estim devices would it be supporting??

i think i tried using restim with multifun player but it refused to work with any video player and i never figured it out so i’ve just been continuing to use audio files but if someone could explain how to connect multifunplayer to a video player without it shitting out an error and it actually work id give it a try

I don’t think I’ve used MFP since the last version of Restim, to be honest. Pair it with Intiface instead and save yourself the funscript splitting annoyance. You’ll then be able to pair it to Scriptplayer, Faptap or any other software/website/game that can interface with a wired T-Code device like the OSR2. The major inconvenience right now is that the file that needs to be replaced for Restim to connect to Intiface automatically rewrites itself every time you launch it, so you have to replace it every time. I just make a bunch of copies of the file and change the name before launching. The intiface devs are aware and supposed to fix it. Here’s the wiki for Intiface/Buttplug.

well im lucky or from your perspective unlucky that my device is mono only so theres nothing to gain from splitting the funscript into alpha and beta waves lol so i just dont bother

Media Player Classic works and you only need those three things:

and then convert your funscript (it will keep the original, so it’s non-destructive)

I don’t like intiface because it’s too fiddly, and if you try to look for other videos in different tabs/windows it stops working.

We are getting closer supporting it. Please suggest devices to start with

DIY Stim Boxes, and the 2b. I’m
Sure there are others. That topic may get more
Traction on Milo.

2 Likes

DG-LAB Coyote can take Funscript input via X-Toys. I’ve described this in more detail in another topic, but basically you can take a stroker script and reliably convert it into a generic script that’s going to be good enough for Coyote and for most vibrators. Detailed post here, also with some earlier context for supporting stimming via audio: https://discuss.eroscripts.com/t/estim-conversion-for-mage-kanades-futanari-dungeon/114834/5

1 Like

Here’s where you’re going to run into problems. DIY stim is pretty much straight analog with no processing or filtering, and limits are by device design. While homebuilds are all going to be a little different, the one thing a stim composer can count on is that the DIY builds won’t have much idiosyncrasy, and can easily handle whatever. The BT-Stim devices were a very short lived commercial effort of what are basically homebuilt analong stereo stim boxes, they work like the DIY and don’t process signal.

I don’t know about DG Labs or the updated MK312 (from ET312). Most other commercially sold devices will have a signal processor or a limiter as part of the device firmware. That processor can/will filter any parts of a signal that are too abrupt or too high/low frequency. ErosTek (aforementioned 312 device) had the most favored device on the market for a long time, it was more or less the benchmark and the only real purist device outside that was to DIY. It has a few audio settings that affect how the signal is processed.

The EStim Systems 2B was introduced as a lower cost and still-supported device, but there are a lot of former users who complained about the processor being too heavy-handed - the device is not good with a lot of the beat/stroke conversions and pain-associated files that use sharp or abrupt changes in signal. Composing stim for the 2B is a regular pain point for creators without that device.

Both brands as well as others, have lower-end options that accept an audio input, but don’t use a stereo output. Stereo is necessary for some of the phase-shift file options out there, “triphase” was coined at some point to describe signals that created a movement sensation.

By and large the funscript conversions are done in stereo to be played in a triphase configuration. Here, it’s even further complicated by the differences in how users place electrodes/plugs - not like a stroker where you just stuff it in and go. There are dozens of ways a user can wire up to generate specific sensations, and a lot of the compositions are designed with certain configurations in mind.

TL;DR? If you don’t have a stim device, composing for stim is extremely difficult, and due to how different devices operate, you’ll not find a way to please them all. Even the converter programs used, have different user-set parameters. since what works for one, may not be what works for another.

1 Like

Thx guys. That’s super helpful :fire:

Coyote does process all audio. You have some control over the audio processor in the smartphone app, but it’s no closer to DIY stereostim than 99% of power boxes on the market. What it’s known for is low price and being basically the first box with modern remote connectivity. This comes at the cost of tri-phase capability, resulting in most users probably just using it in a constant-frequency dual-channel mode.

If my memory serves me right, 2B’s audio processor was designed to be fed Western classical music.

Correct on the 2B, that’s how it was set and implemented.

While some of the stim compositions from “the good old days” - Claude and Joan files - they do tend to loosely represent classical music in terms of tempo/tone/movements, but even those were diminished by the aggressive processor design. Few if any outside the 2B developer use music to stim to - it’s just not adequate like tailored tracks are. I tend to be an early adopter of things, and was into the 2B pretty quickly, but based on my interactions with the owner through email and forums, they seem to have an “only my way is the right way” approach, and pointed towards CE (and iirc UL) regulations of electrical products as a reason for not accepting any of the feedback coming from the stim community. Not only “not accepting”, but bristling at any suggestions and effectively shouting it down, while the social media arm (reddit) floods the zone with lousy information. Big shades of Climberr from SmartStim, and their antics held back development and progress of estim for a really long time. WRT the 2B design, each firmware iteration has been chasing the same bad origin problems when they ought to be scrapping the processor or setting up an on/off setting for users to bypass it.

TL;DR - don’t do development for a 2B device, it’s not worth the hassle when devices from DG, ET, and DIY builds are a larger share of the market, don’t have as aggressive processing, and the developers aren’t more interested in making money over providing a quality device. Off the cuff, anecdotal math gleaned from various forum participation would say roughly 3/4 of 2B purchasers resell or abandon the device for one of the others. Lots of used 2Bs available comparatively, compared to ET312 and BT Stim - that should say something itself.

1 Like

Truth! After building my DIY box, the 2b has been collecting dust for over 2 years. There is no comparison.