Any new interactive/haptic toy?

Any new devices coming out soon? I was thinking about to purchase an SR6 but im kinda hesitant if there a new device or SR6 get a upgrade

Well to say it blunt… its not really a lifetime choice like a car.

There is always something new around the corner, and the custom made devices are not exactly a long-time thing. Depending on how often you use them, you need to replace them or at least some parts in some years anyways.

Regarding the SR6, its kinda the peak in development right now, there will not be another device WAY better in the next months. But tempest and all the other builders are upgrading constantly, a little here and there, but there is no point in waiting… like that you would be waiting the next 10 years. And… for using the most advanced devices you need the funscripts anyways, there arent that many multi-axis funscripts…

I would say, you want one? Buy one, you will not regret it even there will be anything new in the next couple of months. Cause the new thing, whatever it will be, needs support too at first and so on and on…

1 Like

Alright thanks i just dont want to buy SR6 and then next week SR10 or something come out

Even on SR6 there are not many scripts written, if there are 10 axes it will be very difficult to find a script for it

1 Like

If the SR10 was in development, you can be sure they already would advertise it, and have made a few sub versions like an SR8. Even just adding 1 important degree of freedom (like squeezing) can do wonders in such devices. No reason to wait for 3 other developments before releasing it.

And this is where the advantage lies, since its constantly in development, even if a new feature is added, you can be quite sure that your build can be upgraded to use it.

Dont be too surprised if this doesnt take long (AI developments go quick). Its only not generated because its not realy known what sort of output is needed. We can guess some of it, but we dont know how well and accurate implementations can be.

Im sure they are already watching for these new features on SLR and making sure they can generate some of the basics that are almost guaranteed to show up at some point (like squeezing, squirting, vibrations).

The only problem is it requires a testrun to know how it works on the human body and to see if it feels as it should be. AI can guess, and we can guess based on a funscript graph, but the only way to tell what happens is doing a testrun. And that requires a device capable of doing these things.

But yeah, for a new feature its going to take a few months at least before scripts can be made reliably. But for a device you purchase for a few years it would be a bummer if you buy it and such feature gets released a month after.

That there arent a lot of scripts doesnt change anything here, its about what can (and most likely will) be made.

1 Like

Not to mention all the software that is needed to play those scripts… they need proper updates too and so on and on and on… it takes time to get a new device out there and running really good with all the troubleshooting… and i cant imagine much more than the SR6 cause not many people use all the axis or are able to create scripts for it. So basically… you will use the SR6 most of the time like a simple OSR anyways (up and down)… at least if you dont want to use the same script again and again.

I have about 20 multiaxis scripts… though… they are nothing to enjoy for a session, cause they are more like example files, 2-3 minutes. I only have 2 multiaxis scripts with pitch and twist that are longer than 15 minutes. But for those i dont even like the video… Lets just say, its really really difficult to find a good multiaxis funscript with a good video too. But just simple up and down? Countless.

For now i wouldnt even recommend a SR6… OSR2+ cost just the half of it, and is not that complex to install either, and it can be upgraded with twist and other things too… but its your money.

ok thanks everyone I was getting bored with the handy since it has a few sleeves
tired with kiiro since it cant keep up with the scripts and i dont want to get launch again since its not hands free…good to know that there no vr movies? videos? script made yet only pmv and skits?