Anyone checked out RealJamVR's scripts?

Has anyone checked out RealJamVR’s scripts? Noticed they offer them on their main site but sadly they don’t pass along over to SLR.

Curious if it’s worth picking up a month’s sub to fill in the blanks on the content I already have.

Its just a guess, but they may only be downloadable as tokens that expire when your sub expires.
I say this because ivdb.io has a ton of token scripts for RealJamVR but they are all premium so require a RealJamVR sub. If they’re on ivdb.io as premium, then RealJamVR is already participating in the script token ecosystem.

Ahhhh you are likely on to something even though the scenes between the systems don’t match up.

I did go and pick up a trial membership in hopes it may have been only Naughty America with the account validated scripts, but sadly it seems these are for streaming only. So not really valid for my use case. Oh well.

I doubled back around to take another look at this with their holiday discount and while scripts are downloadable and handled by thehandy team so are quite decent, the downloaded token funscript itself is only good for 24 hours, which for my case, renders the solution largely useless. Sad too as they have enough scripts to make a lifetime sub worth it, if they didn’t timebomb out on me, that is.

1 Like

arent funscripts just glorified text files? While I’m not advocating you do anything, it seems like this could be gotten around with a little work.

Not in this case, no. They look like small funscripts, but are actually token files tied to your device which upon connecting to The Handy servers, THEN issue the full funscript. It works as a form of DRM as it will only work with that device. But then they went overboard and added a 24hr timebomb on the file. It’s the same service as Naughty America uses, although they at least elected to have a 90 day issuance period, which is more reasonable. They claim it’s for piracy purposes, but as it’s hardcoded to the device from the get-go, you can’t pirate it anyway.

2 Likes

When they upload the real script to the handy, is it encrypted as well? Or could one intercept with a packet sniffer?

2 Likes

Don’t know about encryption, but know that Handy uses another format, not funscript. When we use funscripts they are always converted to a csv format first by the Handy servers. It shouldn’t be that hard to reverse engineer the format I guess, if you can get the data from the packets sent to Handy.

3 Likes

Cool, I knew they were converted to CSV, but seemingly there’s 5 bytes of information per script command (4 bytes for time in ms plus 1 byte for position) and I was told they have to be 512K or smaller.

Thanks for responding!

1 Like

They say it’s for piracy, but we all know it’s just to keep you subbed month to month.

2 Likes

But at 24 hours? Who wants to download a script every single time they want to use it? I’d be fine if they based it on active account status or 90 days like NA (it’s NA’s price that makes them unreasonable).

It’s really just shooting themselves in the foot. They license their vids to both SLR and POVR, so with that, other than scripts, what reason is there sub to them? It seems truly shortsighted to invest in the partnership with the Handy’s scripting team, and then just blatantly throw away that potential revenue stream.

On another relative topic

@handyAlexander
Hi. We change it on our backend that scripts does not expiration date by default.
NB! The expiration date can be set by anyone that uses the script API. It does not seems like RealJam is setting the expiration date when they issue scripts, so this should now work forever.

so no, for information I’ve just subscribed to RealjamVR for a month (thankfully) and their system really sucks.
the scripts provided via the site have a limited duration of 14 days, which is extremely disappointing for me, I wouldn’t subscribe to them again in the future. (although their video content is exceptional, surely in the top3)
Same crappy system as NA … just to screw us more and more.
Why not take a leaf out of CzechVR’s book? They give us the possibility of taking and using scripts with no time limit, as well as having quality content …
If someone has found a solution to use them without time limitation, I’m a taker like other users probably :wink:
I’m not sure this system doesn’t encourage piracy, on the contrary in fact, not very clever of them.
I wish you all a good day, even if mine starts with a disappointment.

Hi. Yes, it is up to the companies to set their own default value. If not set, then it is unlimited time (vs previous 24h). RealJamVR has a default of 14 days.