Beats2Fun (Funscript tools / PMV Generator)

@Nootna8 Question. I want to make use of the “Clip distance” (Minimal clip distance in seconds).
This setting does NOTHING for me. Every clip new (video) changes when there is a new beat.

For example: I just tried to make an Futa Fap Hero with the song System of a Down - Chop Suey! lmao :joy: as an test… but at every hard guitar hit a new frame of my futa clips is shown.
Literally in miliseconds haha because of the song. Is it already set up like this in the .sm file of the song that u choose?

Another things are:
The BeatBar height is not configurable its literally almost in the middle of the screen.

What does the “Chart level” do? i have not figured that out. The BeatBar points and the Funscript strokes depend on the Song that u use. thx for the help

I used the “Beats2Fun” version

The Chart level is to do with OSU and stepmania files. Both of the file types contain multiple difficulty levels and the chart level lets you specify which one it uses. You can view the level number by opening the Stepmania file in notepad. Im not sure exactly how you can check the possible scripts from the OSU file but min is the slowest and max the fastest as you would think.

1 Like

thxxx awesome. i had no idea

Whats the level number called in a Stepmania file in notepad?

Chop Suey!.txt (25.5 KB)

here is the Chop Suey! Stepmani file in .txt format

So you have four possible levels on this one. 10,8,6 and 3. If you look at the file after the opening info it will say something like this.

//---------------dance-single - ----------------
#NOTES:
dance-single:
:
Challenge:
10:
0.598,0.712,0.141,0.605,0.110:

The 10 under the challenge is the level (what you would write in the box) and Challenge is the one word description of how hard it is. The higher the number the faster it will be usually

1 Like

ok that means i should set it to max in “Chart level” ?

Min is 0-5 and 5-10 is Max? whats “rnd” level then ?

So min will pick the lowest version in the file in the case above that would be 3. Max will pick the highest, again in the one above 10. “rnd”=random. It will pick one of them, make the video, but wont tell you which one it used. If you specifically wanted the Hard version which is level 8 you just type an 8 in the box. Because these files are mainly made by fans of stepmania its unlikely they will have one for each number so if you want to pick a middle level you need to look at the sm file in notepad and make sure that they have a entry for that level of difficulty.

The only downside I have found of the stepmania files is they tend to end before the end of the song so you are left with 10 to 20 seconds at the end of the track where the video doesn’t change and the funscript doesnt do anything. I dont think it’s a problem with Beats 2 Fun and is more a function of the stepmania files as they are designed for a dance mat and usually have a cool down period at the end.

1 Like

@Nootna8 Beats2Bar doesnt find ANY videos. The ones i tried are ALL in .mp4 format and have a funscript file

To answer all your questions:

Will there be any more updates? : Yes, want to get to a 1.0 I’m happy with and has been tested / used a bunch. Currently juggling projects ant Beats2Fun isn’t at the top yet.

Clip distance does nothing? Every clip new (video) changes when there is a new beat : Is beat distance empty? If not, this might conflict with what you want to achieve.

More beatbar customization? : You can already replace the image/audio files in the Program folder, but this is not verry neat. I’ll probably remove the beat_audio option and add a “Beatbar Resource Folder” option.

What does the “Chart level” do?: Beats2Fun (Funscript tools / PMV Generator) - #82 by quiffed1
For a beter view for StepMania files use (lot nicer then notepad): https://arrowvortex.ddrnl.com/
For osu, install the game and use the builtin editor: https://osu.ppy.sh/
Beats2Map is supposed to give an easy overview of these but not currently working

Beats2Bar doesn’t find ANY videos: It should only take a single video, but then again it hasn’t been updated yet with Beats2Fun so it’s probably broken

1 Like

It REALLY does nothing no matter what i type in “Beat distance”.

pleaseeee. do something about this:
(The BeatBar height is not configurable its literally almost in the middle of the screen.)
in your future updates. A Customizable BeatBar height would be AMAZING!!!

Getting an error message today:

Video analasys: 46% | 11/24 [00:00<00:00, 94.94it/s]
Video analasys:100% | 24/24 [00:00<00:00, 141.81it/s]
Found 10 videos
An error occured: (Please try again or add more videos) Failed finding clip for beat : 0 - 0 - 27.058165413533832

I added 30 videos

Looking for some help here. Where in OSU can I find the numeric value that chart level equates to?

Edit: I figured it out, here what you do.

1. Add.osz file in OSU
  2. Open the desired difficulty in editor
  3. File → “Open .osu in notepad”
  4. Find field “OverallDifficulty”

If you are ever looking to add onto this project, a debug message with all available difficulties when none are found would be pretty top.

Do u still plan on updating it?

@Nootna8

1.0 Update would be awesome! :heart_eyes:
U made it yet?

@Nootna8

Getting this new Errors today when i try different SM files

An error occured: Start time: 1862.142857142857 is bigger then end time 1594.616
An error occured: Start time: 3458.3362788663035 is bigger then end time 1594.616
An error occured: Start time: 0 is bigger then end time -0.009

Found out that the videos that youre adding shouldnt be shorter than 00:22 seconds
otherwise Beats2Fun shows an ERROR or cant find the video

Also the SM file song that u choose shouldnt be longer than 10 minutes
otherwise Beats2Fun shows an ERROR

oh its an exe oh THANK GOD

will you add a option that makes the video split screen (eg 2 or 3 videos on the screen at the same time?

also an option to include images would be cool.

An error occured: could not convert string to float: ‘106.944000\r\nCannot read BOM value, input too short\r\nError reading frame TRCK, skipped\r\nCannot read BOM value, input too short\r\nError reading frame TENC, skipped\r\nCannot read BOM value, input too short\r\nError reading frame TCOP, skipped\r\nCannot read BOM value, input too short\r\nError reading frame TOPE, skipped\r\nCannot read BOM value, input too short\r\nError reading frame TCOM, skipped\r\nCannot read BOM value, input too short\r\nError reading frame TALB, skipped’

Any clue whats going wrong here?