Budget scriptable vibrator

Hello. Kinda stupid question, but does anyone have recommendation for cheap vibrator of any shape that can be scripted using funscripts?
I’ve bought several BT controllable ones through AliExpress, but none was Buttplug.io compatible and could be controlled only through some shitty mobile app.
I know there’s a list of compatible devices, but it afaik contains established brands ($$$) and not-available-for-purchase-anymore ones.
I’m looking under $20 as it’s gonna be torn apart for my DIY attempts and I’m gonna need several of them. No requirements on vibration strength or anything really. Just cost and scriptability. :slight_smile:

You might be able to get old X-Box controllers for cheap (or any compatible wireless controller with vibration)

not sure if this is up to date (its the master list as far as I’m aware), the filters currently applied consist of the support and the vibrator output.

The cheapest option, but probably also most DIY heavy option would be to try to get a Vibration Motor out of any broken device, like a phone or toy and get that one running on a micro controller like ESP8266, ESP32, Arduino, RP2040 or whatever similar Microcontroller.
These contollers are really cheap and can be used for other projects as well.

There probably are already similar projects for it those you can look up. But maybe not specifically with Funscripts in mind.

I know there have been talks about similar things in the OSR/SR6 Discord by Tempest, to add vibration to those devices. Not sure what the status on that is.

This can be done by following the osr guide, but there are some other electrical components that need to be added. I have done this with a cockring/prostatemassager but to do it I needed to gut it. Once gutted I added wiring that ran back to the osr.

wireless? thats a whole other can of worms, and I have no idea on how to do it.

The ESP used in the SR6 can have WiFi and/or Bluetooth, depending on the model used. Not sure what controller the OSR2 uses.
And there is an alternative Firmware available with WiFi support, but I forgot by whom.

But using the OSR2 or SR6 libraries sounds complicated in it’s own way.

Just make sure you get a good ESP 32 S3 board. Im not familiar with the one used in those devices. However most people use outdated trash ESP and arduino boards. For the same price or a neglegible amount more (< $20 for the board) you can get a much better ESP chip, a display, and useful connectivity ports.

Most Joyhub based devices should work with buttplug.io (e.g. this is something that works for me)

Thank you guys for all the inputs. I’ve got even wider range of ideas from you than I expected! :grin: