Cock Hero Platform (CHP) (formerly Cock Hero Island featuring The Handy!)

I can certainly help test, though I’m not very knowledgeable when it comes to any of this so I’m not sure how much use I can be.

I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear - by “full strokes” I meant that each beat should be a double stroke (both up and down each beat) as opposed to single stroke as it currently is (just either up or down each beat)

I’m running on Windows 10. When I try to run Quest mode, after starting a new game and selecting Next at the prompts the last prompt is “Start Game”. After selecting that nothing happens. My install appears to work fine in Normal mode.

Did you setup The Handy in the settings before trying to start quest mode?

Yes, it was setup, online, and tested in the settings.

Which platform are you playing in? Also make sure that the folder structure is exactly how the images are in the screen shot in the initial post.

1 Like

Im wondering about the progress of the next episode, how is the scripting coming along?

2 Likes

I have mine set up the same as frenchfan and also can not get past clicking “Start Game”

1 Like

Hi there. I just finished reading through this thread and I am intrigued. I have a Keon, though. I noticed in a later post you were working on implementing some other device support and wondered if you had been able to do any of that yet?

Thanks.

Hey this is really cool, it reminds of Fap Land from way back in the day. I can’t seem to find it online anymore but it was a series of 100 videos which represent spaces on a board and you roll a die to advance through them, some gave “items” you could use but you just had to keep track of them yourself. Looking forward to trying this out!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! If that is the game of 100 levels of HMVs then yes I do have that and have been looking into adding it into CHP.

2 Likes

Hello, I have a very early version of it working but it definitely isn’t ready yet for release. Thanks for the interest!

2 Likes

Hell yeah, good to hear it. I just tried episode 1 of CHP last night and it was really surprised how invested I got in winning the battles, haha. Keep up the good work!

I know it’s built for Windows and Android, but has anyone tried to use this on Linux?

I have a bottle created, and I have the app in a folder in the “virtual C: drive” of that bottle. All the .pcx files are in the dlc folder alongside the .exe (same file structure you get when downloading). At first, it had issues finding the initial .pck file it uses, but I got past that and got the program to launch.

But when it gets past the intro it says “Locked - No episodes or modes available.”

Does this message mean it can’t access the DLC folder? Or am I missing some dependency for playing the files? I don’t see a way to access the config menu (might be something broken in Bottles?)

That would be awesome. Is there been progress on adding other Island episodes as well? i playedthrough the available stuff and it’s so much fun.

You are probably very busy but thought I would still ask

Android show error message, such as there are no files, but I have written this topic and many people have the same.
On my Android there is only path Phone/Android/data/org.knytetimegames.chp/dlc is available
However, while I am deleting the app, this path is also being erased.

I have some good new for you.
I have understood why does some players can not launch the game.
Game works on Huawei MediaPad T5 if you allow permission to Files in Settings.
However, Honor 50 Lite has not such opportunity in Settings and hence game does not work on such a phone.
I hope you will fix it. Thank you and I wish you success.

Thanks for the information! I have been trying to put together a new way to pull the episodes via the app which in theory should resolve any permission issues on android. The big downside is that you will have to download the whole episode through the app. I’m still trying to figure this out. Thanks again for the information!

I just found on 4chan a version of the game that someone linked via google drive so maybe it will be a more up to date version of it or just a verifying version? The post right after it says something about extensions and extras but I didn’t hear about Fap Land till now so I have no idea about it’s validity, only dared to look at the google drive links since you don’t have to download those to view their contents, anyway here’s the post link. (maybe it will help, maybe it won’t)

@greebo pinging you as you said that you found it cool and lost it/couldn’t find it anymore.

thanks @Ratattack15! I’ll try to check it out when I have some free time.

To use it on Linux, you have to create the path for the game data manually. Run the following command and then launch it with wine again. I see you are using bottles, I don’t have experience with that, but it’s just wine under the hood.

mkdir -p ~/.local/share/Cock_Hero_Platform/db; mkdir -p ~/.local/share/Cock_Hero_Platform/logs