Connecting the handy to intiface

Hey.

So I already found an older thread that explored this problem somewhat. But the solution presented there does not work i my case it seems.

So, from that thread I got my hands on a checklist.

1. Make sure that the theHandy is running on the latest firmware, you can update it on (http://handyfeeling.com/)
  • check, this has been done. Currently running handy v 3.2.3.
  1. Put theHandy into bluetooth mode by holding down the wifi button. The LED should be blue
  • check.
  1. In Intiface Desktop, open the Devices tab and click the button: ā€˜Start server and scan for devicesā€™
  • check. Would also note that I have checked for updates to intiface aswell, using the ā€œupdateā€ function within the software.
  1. After your toy shows up in the panel, click: ā€˜disconnect from serverā€™, this is important as only one client can be connected to the intiface server. If done correctly, you should see that your device is connected in the Server Status tab.
  • So point 4 is where my problem originates. My handy simply does not show up in any device list. I have bluetooth enabled in windows and on my device before I proceed with the scan.

On the bluetooth side of things. My handy have already been tested using ā€˜lustboundā€™ and in this case it worked fine.

I was hoping for some insight into how I might proceed with problem solving and if people with simlar experiences have something to share.

1 Like

I donā€™t recall ever seeing doing your step 4. After I start the intiface server (and leave it running), I open up scriptplayer and a message pops up in scriptplayer saying intiface connected and then Handy connected. All within a couple seconds of starting scriptplayer.

Also, not sure if the 3.2.3 Handy firmware is your problem. Iā€™m only on 3.2.2.

Hereā€™s the instructions from Reddit that Iā€™ve been using with no problems for the last several months:

You will need:

1. ā Then, install intiface, install script player, plug in dongle.
  2. ā Start intiface, select BL devices support, start server.
  3. ā Switch Handy to BL mode (long press wifi button).
  4. ā Run script player.
  5. ā Select Devices ā†’ Buttpulg ā†’ Connect and Devices ā†’ Buttplug ā†’ Scan for devices in Scrtipt Player. Select Handy in Devices ā†’ Show devices.
  6. ā Add your video, script and enjoy.
1 Like

Hey.

Iā€™m trying to pair the handy together with a video game. Iā€™m using a plugin called ā€˜lovemachineā€™, but I guess the principle should be the same as you described.

I will fiddle a little more with it this afternoon and see if I canā€™t get it to work.

Thanks for posting some clear instructions on how the connection setup normaly works.

1 Like

Cool, I hope you get it working. Iā€™d love to get interactive games that work with Handy.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.