Connection error when connecting to OFS from MultiFunPlayer

Using the OFS option(not the websocket) in MultiFunPlayer ws:0.0.0.0:8080/ofs

And it spits out the following error:

OFS failed with exception:

System.Net.WebSockets.WebSocketException (0x80004005): Unable to connect to the remote server
—> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: IPv4 address 0.0.0.0 and IPv6 address ::0 are unspecified addresses that cannot be used as a target address. (Parameter ‘hostName’) (0.0.0.0:8080)
—> System.ArgumentException: IPv4 address 0.0.0.0 and IPv6 address ::0 are unspecified addresses that cannot be used as a target address. (Parameter ‘hostName’)
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntryOrAddressesCoreAsync(String hostName, Boolean justReturnParsedIp, Boolean throwOnIIPAny, Boolean justAddresses, AddressFamily family, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.ConnectAsync(SocketAsyncEventArgs e, Boolean userSocket, Boolean saeaCancelable)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ConnectAsync(Socket socket)
at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectToTcpHostAsync(String host, Int32 port, HttpRequestMessage initialRequest, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectToTcpHostAsync(String host, Int32 port, HttpRequestMessage initialRequest, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.AddHttp11ConnectionAsync(QueueItem queueItem)
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSourceWithCancellation`1.WaitWithCancellationAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithVersionDetectionAndRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.WebSockets.WebSocketHandle.ConnectAsync(Uri uri, HttpMessageInvoker invoker, CancellationToken cancellationToken, ClientWebSocketOptions options)
at System.Net.WebSockets.WebSocketHandle.ConnectAsync(Uri uri, HttpMessageInvoker invoker, CancellationToken cancellationToken, ClientWebSocketOptions options)
at System.Net.WebSockets.ClientWebSocket.ConnectAsyncCore(Uri uri, HttpMessageInvoker invoker, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MultiFunPlayer.Common.TaskExtensions.g__DoWaitAsync|2_0(Task task, Int32 millisecondsDelay)
at MultiFunPlayer.Common.TaskExtensions.g__DoWaitAsync|2_0(Task task, Int32 millisecondsDelay)
at MultiFunPlayer.MediaSource.ViewModels.OfsMediaSource.RunAsync(CancellationToken token)

Seems 0.0.0.0 is not a valid address however, it seems there is no way to change the WebSocket API IP to something different like 127.0.0.1 as an example. Does anyone have any ideas on this issue? Any help would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

Weird that you can’t change the IP from the User Interface. I can do this without problems. In any case, there’s a file called “MultiFunPlayer.config.json”. Close the player, open the json File in a text editor (e.g. NotePad++) and search for OFS. Change the IP under “Uri”, save the file and restart the player. The IP should have changed now.

P.S. When requesting technical help, please state what software versions and operating system you are using. I’m not an expert for this specific piece of SW, but this info is essential for those who are to understand what is going on, or if it is a known or new bug of a specific version.
P.P.S. Don’t forget to activate the websocket server in OFS.

Sorry about not providing specs, let me fix that:

OFS version v3.2.0

MultiFunPlayer version: v1.29.3

I apologize for sending you down the garden path. In MultiFunplayer I can change the IP. That on its own is not the issue thankfully.
The main issue is I can not find a way or a file in OFS to change the IP in OFS. So in essence MultiFunPlayer will not accept 0.0.0.0, so home 127. makes more sense. However, due to what seems to be the inflexibility of OFS to adapt to that IP change need causes the underlying issue.

Sorry about the confusion on all of that. Lots of IPs and such flying around here on this question. LOL

The default is 127.0.0.1 use that. 127.0.0.0 is not a thing.
0.0.0.0 in case of a server means to listen on all interfaces, its not an ip.

1 Like

That was it!

OFS:

MultiFunPlayer

Thank you so much! That worked perfectly! My error in troubleshooting was I did not end with a 1 I ended with a 0 when specifying the home IP. Silly mistake. thank you for that catch, and the advice! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.