Creating the best, smoothest scripts

Good evening, all-
I am curious about some things. I have really enjoyed all the scripts everyone has made here and elsewhere. I make many using the OneTouchScripter. It is ok. It has given me a chance to make scripts for lots of favorite vids. But it is super janky. The scripting has turned out ok. Some are in sync with the action, some aren’t (by not being great at scripting and by choice sometimes).
I downloaded Blender and JoyFun…haven’t figured them out yet. Only downloaded yesterday but already having issues.
How are the better synced scripts made? What software? I have a subscription to feelxvideos and they are SUPER SWEET! It’s obvious to make top quality synced videos for the masses to enjoy. And I would like to do something similar on a site like this. I think it is a potentially exciting venture scripting request vids and personal favs because it brings pleasure and enjoyment to others.
Any advice would be majorly appreciated. I would just like to make more precise scripts for myself and for others.

1 Like

Smoothness probably depends on your device, the launch has an upper limit of 400 mm/s but doesn’t function well above 350 mm/s. I use JFS which shows the speed of each stroke and basically aim to never have more than maybe 2 strokes in a row above 350 mm/s.
The issue with scripting this way is that some of the strokes may not match exactly to what is on screen but it is probably better (imo) to have function over accuracy. In this case the in/out of the stroke will match on screen but the depth won’t.
Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hey, hbrenon, I really appreciate the response. Quick! Any advice and help at this point…well, helps. I’d just like to get some good scripts out for the people.
I am using a Launch. When it doesn’t break, it’s been good.
Not to seem like a complete moron, but I think (if I take my experiences) others would want the scripts to be as closely synced as possible. Or do others just want a close scripted vid with a few curveballs thrown in? I am just curious because I love watching the vids and of course others do. And I would like to script requests and all. It is enjoyable and I would like others to enjoy the scripts.
Thanks again.

1 Like

Well basically you want the action to match (ie. no strokes when there aren’t strokes on screen). You should always try to script as accurately as possible since many of the script players will compensate for things if they are too fast. You can also use apps like fun expander to create speed limits in a script to better function on the device you use.

2 Likes

hey…i appreciate the help. Maybe I should just post scripts I have made and see the response.
I am not a very tech savvy person at this point. Trying to get better.
Last question: all my scripts are .ott. Because of using OneTouch. Can I just change the .ott to .freescript on my desktop? Will that enable others to play them?

1 Like

no clue on that one? hopefully someone else can help you.
There is definitely no harm in posting what you have!

1 Like

@EvelynEvil666 Scripts in.ott format are very likely made with Onetouchscripter - this app was meant for the Realtouch device and Vorze Cyclone SA only in case you weren’t aware.
There is rudimentary conversion in Scriptplayer to translate these scripts for playback for other toys but I think it isn’t an ideal experience, so I would not recommend using Onetouchscripter if you dont have those 2 toys.

1 Like

Speaking as someone with a cyclone-type device, I’m not sure it’s any great shakes for that use either, but it’s at least a bit more reasonable because that and the Realtouch are both continuous-motion devices, whereas pretty much everything in the current scripting scene is for limited-range devices.

1 Like

Hello @EvelynEvil666!

I use JFS to create scripts. For me it’s the best tool out there. When I create a script, I use the frame by frame method. It gives the most precision. I don’t do every frame perfect. Because it’s unnecessary, takes too much time and in the end you won’t notice it, especially when the action is faster.

JFS might be a overwhelming at first. But just focus on creating the script and ignore everything around it. There are a lot of features you will eventually find out on your own, when you get better. The start is always a bit rough. So I recommend for you to get a simple and shorter scene. Something like a ~5 minutes cowgirl scene or something like this. Get the basics done, then slowly improve. After you did some videos, you will notice, that you will get faster. When you first needed 6 or 8 hours for a 5 minute, you will soon need 4 hours, then even 3 hours.

I once said, it’s easy to learn, but hard to master. Everyone can create a script. If you get better, you will notice more details, get more precise, make the action fit the script and get your own style in the scripts. It just takes some time, but it will come. And it also feels really rewarding, when a script you made, works out. And even more, when you can share it and people enjoy it. That’s what keeps me doing it. And it’s also a great distraction from real life.

Also, always feel free to share scripts. Even when they are not done yet and you want help for a specific section. Don’t hesitate to ask for advice and help. People will help you and give you constructive criticism. Everyone is really nice around here and there is no toxicity. Something you don’t find that often in today’s times around the internet.

To sum things up. I highly recommend getting familiar with JFS. You will get better by scripting more and more. And always feel free to share your scripts and ask for help and advice.

Btw, did you read the “Getting started guide” by sentinel?

Great guide and and it should give you a good understanding, how to start.

Have a nice Sunday :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Slibowitz has already said everything to be said. I back him up. JFS is the way to go. Start simple and have fun.

3 Likes

As someone who scripts primarily with Blender, if you’re starting out - learn to use JFS. It’s just so much easier to set up and with more overall features that are useful for scripting.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone that replied. I surely appreciate it. I’ll start trying the JFS. Again, thanks for the advice!

2 Likes

Hate to be THAT person but still seeking advice. So I opened JFS. And opened a video. But I can’t do anything. I’ll attach a screenshot of what I am looking at. You can see at the top of the screen that a video title is displaying. I press the play button at the bottom and nothing. I have read the doc about getting started and am still lost. HELP!
Screenshot (2)

1 Like

Make sure you’ve installed the software listed in this post.

2 Likes

Bumdude-
FINALLY! Got it. I did indeed have to download those things. Thanks so much! Everyone here is so helpful. So much appreciated. Hopefully soon I can get the hang of JFS and post some quality scripts for people to enjoy.

5 Likes