DeoVR dropping DLNA - alternatives?

There’s options for knowledgeable users for sure. It’s just stupid. I mean how does having dlna on your app effect anything? Seems like a power play to me… Something definitely that hinders and complicates things for the general consumer… Not a good look is all

2 Likes

I completely agree!

The removal of DLNA is actually 1 step in SLR’s future. They mentioned on the Reddit forum that SLR future will be eventually a pure streaming site. These are signs that more feature will be rolled back.

Just chiming in to give an option/alt for those who value HQ content esp for those that bought long term/lifetime subs.

2 Likes

Dropping $80 to effectively remove the best aspects of the Q2 (totally wireless standalone) would really suck, and definitely make me less inclined to continue participating. The biggest obstacle to VR, much less scripted VR right now is the sheer amount of setup it takes. Nobody really wants to spend 15 minutes just getting ready.

Hey man i agree with ya but it is an alternative thats all :slightly_smiling_face:

You can buy high quality cables that have been tested for VR and the Quest for $10-15 on Amazon (ie KIWI design Link Cable). I know I know that you mentioned about set up time! Im not discredited ur point at all but wanted to let other people and u know there is a cheaper option out there to try out.

Unfortunately, for all of us the direction SLR wants to go is streaming (See Below), which means videos and more importantly scripts will only be accessible through them possibly in the future :worried:.

1 Like

Can you imagine if a Q2 app like pigasus or a new creator came along to create another player with easy script capability’s and actual high end visuals… Man they’d make so much bank… Never understood why Deo was ever the only option. The visuals were always subpar to pigasus/skybox

2 Likes

Downloads for videos and scripts are not going anywhere from SLR

Update: DLNA is back to SLR app DLNA is getting back to SLR app during this week

1 Like

Think i will try my idea with a privately hosted website to provide own stored videos in DeoVR within the near future. As long as the use of locally saved funscripts in the “Interactive” folder will continue to function, it should be no big problem to keep using DeoVR without DLNA support…if i get it to work, i can write a tutorial how to do it if i find the time…

5 Likes

fuuuuny guyyyyy really

2 Likes

That’s what I always do after setting up DLNA and trying it out. I prefer to simply put the files on my device.

1 Like

Isnt there an VR Video Player for The Handy without all the SLR Bullshit?

2 Likes

Yes pigasus is the best imo… Unfortunately not one with interactive script capabilities for local files built in

damnnnnnnn jezuz

Ah, cool, thought it was proprietary and had to use their name brand one. That’s better, at least.

After the last update DEOVR died for me ultimatly. Their UI is crapp, the stability sucks bad on my pc while other players are improving. Will give HereSphere a try, the UI is heavy but video playback performance is already 200 % better than DEOVR ever was.

3 Likes

So has anyone gotten XBVR to work on the Quest 2? The instructions seem pretty simple. Add folders and then go to http://127.0.0.1:9999/ in the DeoVR browser. I do that and all I get is a blank screen.

1 Like

XTPlayer with XTP web, that’s the current best solution imo.

3 Likes

Having the same issue unfortunately. I think the white (grey on refresh) page is just the standard DeoVR 404 page (page not found). You can test this by entering a bogus url that doesn’t exist and it should display the same white screen. I can’t access the XBVR url on my phone either and am currently trying to figure out why that is.

Will give that a shot. Appreciate everyone trying to avert the Q2 apocalypse

If you learn of an app, other than DeoVR, that runs on a Quest that can play VR with scripts, please let me know.

3 Likes

I had to use one of the different IP’s that XBVR runs on. Also my pc was on a different network connection. I don’t know how you can match the script to the videos that aren’t on SLR though so my scripts won’t play.