DeoVR + Oculus Go no longer supported?

The only way to use it now is to use virtual desktop streamer on your Go. You can then link to your pc and run your choice of player on the PC (i.e SLR app or heresphere.) It does allow you to still use the GO. Its a shame that Meta decided to make the Go obsolete so early into its life span.

1 Like

Thanks! It works almost fine. Unfortunately, for some reason, my fps drops constantly every 20 seconds. I tried DeovVr and Heresphere, so the player isn’t the problem. Don’t you know what it might be? It’s definitely not my hardware. I’m sure i7 + 3070 32gb is more than enough to play a vr video. And the internet connection is also good.

I’d try with some lower rez vr videos. I think the Go can do up to 4K. If its still having issues it could be a wifi issue. Are you able to stream video from your PC to other devices ok or does it buffer first?

I’m able to stream eveything without buffering. I don’t think it’s Wi-Fi, because the fps drop happens in the same interval (about 20-30 seconds over and over again). This is probably some kind of software conflict on my side. I just thought maybe it’s a known issue, so you know the answer.

Switching frame rate to 60 hz seems to fix the lag issue at least for me. You have to switch it from headset’s settings once you boot up virtual desktop(streaming), and Heresphere seems to work mostly fine. Yet to test handy with it but image quality did seem really good.

Oh, yeah. That worked. Thanks!

1 Like

I read that the Oculus Go isn’t supported anymore by Virtual Desktop (?). Niether way, I bought a Quest 1 for a cheap prince since I also had GO as my VR Device. Sad that tec can get downgraded by updates…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.