Deovr + Stash + Handy + Quest 2 + iOS

Looks like watching VR videos on Quest with scripting on Handy is just either expensive or a nightmare with iOS / Mac.

I know that SLR is supposed to work out of the box, but I could not find a way to stream my own videos + funscripts using this.

I currently use Stash to manage my library (and don’t mind changing if easier) and have a deovr-companion open source script to generate all the deovr and links to funcripts. I can load DeoVR on the Quest 2 and the VR library is showing and playing perfectly, streaming from my MacBook Pro. I can see that in the json, in addition to the stream link, there is a funcscript link, so the script is also directly sent to DeoVR this way. I was happy … until I realised DeoVR has NO WAY to input the Handy key :frowning: so my scripts are not playing at all …

I have seen hundreds of thread on that topics but no real solutions … what is your configuration in 2024 ? Do you know how SLR is sending to the Handy ? and why Stash when used with DeoVR does not stream the script ?

You said you have a Quest 2. Did you try your setup with Heresphere? If you have the files and share them local through your MacBook there shouldn’t be any issues here. You can just enter your Handy key in Heresphere and it starts the script as soon as your video plays. Heresphere also has a free demo on the store.

1 Like

Cheers for that … I did not try Heresphere I was a bit put down by the price for just a quick test … will try the demo version !

1 Like

yeah heresphere just put the scripts and videos in the same folder and i share SMB. The big issue with heresphere is there is no thumbnails. I would pay for it if it had that.

If that didn’t change (I haven’t used DeoVR in a while since I use Heresphere), you need to buy 1 script or be subbed with script to SLR for funscripts to work in DeoVR.

If you use XBVR (or Stash VR companion I think) instead of SMB, you’ll get thumbnails.

yeah that wont work for me because most of my videos arent from a studio. so i would have to manually match and generate thousands of thumbnails. Not gonna happen

heresphere with xbvr has been great so far

1 Like