DIY Handy Hands Free ideas?

@erfrefer It’s been three years since I made this post, and I have not had a need for any other setup. Nowadays I use it exclusively in bed in both sitting and lying down positions. I use some plastic tubing around the goosenecks to maintain some rigidity, and the upside down U-shape it creates makes it safe and easy to pull the blankets up over it to significantly dampen the sound. The only tools you need are a drill and a pair of scissors to cut the plastic tubing. You can use whatever you want for the base, but the suction cup handle is nice because it’s lightweight, comfortable under my legs, and always has the option to suction it to a desk if I wanted. An ACE bandage, or possibly adhesive backed velcro, wrapped around the Handy works well to provide friction for the zip ties.

I have seen other decent ideas like https://imgur.com/a/a3oFqcL which for me would be ideal because I need to dismantle the whole thing and put stuff away intro drawers afterwards.
Though I’m not sure how strong a gooseneck needs to be to hold the handy in place (especially when it’s on the longer end).

Methods such as using Stanley have been too big and cumbersome lately.There was an article that summarized how to secure TheHandy to a desk using camera supplies. Along with that, this guy also seems to have made a foundation for securing a masturbator to TheHandy, so I ordered one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everybody

So this is what i came up with for DIY hands free handy experience, ill give the information needed so you can buy the same things i did to set it up.

I bought the overhead camera desk mount from amazon that gives you 360 rotation and adjustable arms to set the height and angle. then I also bought a bottle holder for a bicycle that fits the handy device perfectly.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C2TX65YN/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_image_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

the bottle holder is snug and allows the sleeve to move up and down while inside the housing of the holder, I found this locally at a bike shop but most might do the trick to hold your handy device.
I fastened the bottle holder to the camera mount using some nylon zip ties for now until i have the other parts come in the mail.

I bought the handy handsfree cup from the handy website and I have plans to reinforce it and use it with the desk mount and hope it works, if not im sure I will find a more concrete way to fasten the bicycle bottle holder to the camera mount.

hope this post helps and if you have any questions or idea’s.

thanks

1 Like

So now this happened lol.
It still works but has become pretty loose. Will try a flat design next, though for my desk it’s a bit awkward.

My hands free Handy setup. I’m extremely happy with it.

• Arm - AVerMedia Live Streamer ARM - BA311 - expensive, but it has lots of articulation so I can get it in the perfect position and is very strong so it won’t move even when the Handy is at its most energetic movement
  • Handy Cup Mount - Attaches to the arm with provided hardware
  • 104mm hinged extended sleeve adapter - Allows the sleeve to travel further past the bottom of the Handy, which is helpful for those of us with a few extra pounds around the middle and allows for a “soft start” since it provides rigidity for the sleeve
  • Soft side of Velcro pads added to provide some added friction - helps the sleeve stay in place during intense action
  • True Grip PRO Band - There is an alternate sleeve extender design that attaches directly to the Handy, but this combo works well enough for me
  • Chrysm sleeve (pictured) - this is Handy’s newest “anal” sleeve, which I find uncomfortably tight… maybe I need to get a butt plug for my Handy?
  • TrueGrip gen 2 sleeve - The sleeve I always come back to use, despite trying lots of alternatives

The extender thing. Where can i buy one ? Also does it solve the issue of the sleeve coming out of the band ?

Thats my biggest problem and makes me not use the handy near as much as id like to. The sleeve pulling or pushing out of the band is super annoying.

The sleeve is a 3D printed model, so you can do it yourself, find a local friend and get them to print it, or use an online 3D printing service.

I found the suction on the closed ended sleeves - my beloved gen 2 included - would sometimes cause the sleeve to come out of the extender. It was rare, but definitely annoying. I added the soft velcro on the ends of the extender and inside to create a bit more friction. That’s been enough to keep the sleeve in the extender 99.9% of the time.

Here’s a guide to some options for online services.
11 Best Online 3D Printing Service Providers in 2024 - 3DSourced

1 Like

For me this is relatively rare with the correct sleeves, just gotta remove the air from the sleeve before inserting and then wrap it tight, over time and on fast scripts it’s possible that more air will be removed and the sleeve will stop being as tight at the top and slide out a bit, but you want the band to wrap around your dick and not just around the sleeve so it’s less likely to slide.
That said some sleeves are just unusable in any way unless you’re thin, the harder material with tighter fit it’s gonna make it push out in any way it can.
For this reason I basically only use the gen 2 or pearl these days and they slip out maybe once in 30 times.
One thing you can also do is restrict the handy so it doesn’t go all the way up, this will prevent cases where it only has the tip to hold on to and might cause it to slip with changes in the suction.

If you squeeze the vice too tight doesn’t it cause a massive amount of friction for the rotating motor?

My super setup!=)

1 Like

Its been great, I have enjoyed this for about one year now, I usually have some thick foam-tape to cover that bottom steel plate support below. And I have even scripted several videos in openfunscripter, and it works perfect for me in VR and noice-cancelling headset… I would be happy to share my scripts for free, (many hours of work) if anyone is insterested… nice to hear others opinions.

But now… on to a question here, there is one small problem here with this setup, every time the handy reaches the bottom and suddently turns upwards here, it makes a small blunt “bump” into the enitre wood structure I have here, and it just feels a bit unatural… its not really that big issue, it still always works for me everytime I use it… but I still want to try make it perfect! Any suggestions? Some dampering system in the bottom? Or change to the professional handsfree stuff? Or will I also get this “bump” with the professional expensive handsfree gear?

Use with controls facing away is not recomended due to risk of nutsack pinch or sleeve slip out and the slider part slaming down on “member” etc.

No “bump” with the hands³ set up:

I hope you can try this out instead.

2 Likes

It’s a non-issue for me to use it in that orientation. If you’re using it at maximum speed at an out of control pace, you’re going to be at risk for that sort of stuff in in any orientation.

They already said they have been using it for a year that way, don’t you think they would be aware of that risk and experienced it if it’s so prone to happen?

Even Handy’s official handsfree bundle https://www.thehandy.com/store/full-handsfree-bundle/ shows it pictured in that orientation too.

1 Like

There are always risks, sure.

Please show me where “handy said they have been using it for a year that way”

I agree the photo can mislead users to set it up that way too (monkey see, monkey do) and I have mentioned it before to the team. I imagine the photo and product placement is that way more to show the products (handy, sleeve, handsfree mount and cup) than it’s intended use case.

You could as easily, in that orientation, rotate it so that the controls are facing you and making it safer.

If you look at the handy instructions for use and technical drawings, you will see the handy controls are always facing the user.

I hope this helps prevent others like quite a few even here who have had an issue from incorrect use.

From the Handy X profile

“They” is Kvack, the person you replied to where they said, “Its been great, I have enjoyed this for about one year now” If that person has used their setup for a year, they most likely would have used it enough to understand any risk there.

Rotating it where you can’t see your penis makes it less pleasureful to use. Also, if you don’t use a handy sleeve, like the one I pictured in mine (where you’ve said the same thing) you will notice that it extends outward a few inches past the velcro band. My scrotum doesn’t even come within a few inches of that slot that you’re so concerned about.
c11c4e562491646532c1c128d9e0a394eb40346f_2_375x500

Out of curiosity, have you heard stories of anyone getting their scrotum caught in that slot? Can you link to a thread/post where anyone has had this issue?

1 Like

It’s called gravity, turn that thing around so the sleeves faces away from you. Then everything does not fall into the slot of a moving machine. It is in their instructions.

1 Like

Theres folks here and on the handy discord that have made the mistake and taken a pinch. I’ll try find some links when I’m on a computer but I do see your point about simply adjusting the stroke length not to go down too far as to cause harm. However, that would also limit stroke range by quite a bit.

I designed some clip on sleeve holders that can be inverted for extra stroke depth and maybe that could help maintain the stroke range without the potential pinch point.

No one wants to have a issue down there from the handy… just like wearing a seatbelt, the one time you need it, will be the one time you really need it…and you never know when that will be, so its always best to be safer than sorry etc. Buckle up and use the handy in its intended way or atleast with purpose made accessories to overcum potential issues.

1 Like

That shit immediately happened to me when I first tried the Handy and my nuts hurt a lot. Read the manual and saw that I did wrong so yeah it can easily happen.

1 Like