DIY Handy Hands Free ideas?

I tried to clamp the Handy once like you did but I heard a little cracking sound when I tried to attach it so I discarded this idea. I just don’t want to break my case. Dunno how stable this part is since I never opened it.

Does this Fleshlight setup work well? I looks like it will wobble on faster speeds since the velcro is so small.

1 Like

What size grip clamp did you pick up?

The velcro is highly tighted. The fleshlight does not moved. At hight speed i ve to handle with hand or feet (sometimes) when i used the stand on the picture, with other stand it is not necessary.
I understand about the clamp, it’s not neccessary to over tight du to the stroke moves. Nothing else moves.

The grip clamp is the 300mm (= thightening space between grip.).

1 Like

Hi Lucifie, checkout my post further up thread i have designed a 3d printed part that gleshlight sleeves fit into where the handy strap can clamp much more, works like a charm. (if you have a 2d printer)

Huh, I’ve got that Stanley vice, but I never thought to attach it to another vice.

Sadly I don’t have such a printer :c But I have a mount that woks realy good. I was just trying out other methods.

So i have created a more, minimalistic setup.
I used a musicians beer-holder (yes music is a serious business :smile:), a gooseneck, a desk clamp, some thick foam i had lying around for the beer holder as padding (~2-2.5cm thick, its too big for the handy otherwise, attached to the holder with some zip ties), and a simple thin plastic wire for added safety to wrap around the handy (really thin, so thin the handy’s sleeve-holder slides right by it).
Do note that the desk clamp and gooseneck aren’t the ones i bought, those i couldn’t find on amazon, but they look very similar.
This is not the most stable setup in the world if you use the handy at its maximum length, but its really simple and doesn’t shake too badly.

2 Likes

I like the beer holder a lot. It looks like a good alternative to the setup I use which has the Handy zip-tied directly to the gooseneck.

1 Like

I started using a monitor arm for a hands free solution. Very easy to use and very sturdy as well and doesn’t require any 3d printed stuff.

You just need a monitor arm - costs like ~ 30€.
Two cable ties.
Something to attach the monitor arm on.

20220129_215607

@vrpicasso Can you list the parts in your version? Amazon links would be best if you can. Thanks!

handsfree handy 1 handsfree handy 2

Hello,

Thought i’d share my handsfree setup so here goes:

Its an old desktop lamp stand that i modified slightly:

1.removed the lamp cap
2.cut the wires
3.removed the light switch

might use caple ties instead of tape at some point but it works for now.

The base is weighted so it keeps it nice and sturdy in place, you can still easily access the buttons on the back aswell. The neck is able to tilt forward and backwards and with a little twist of the bolt at the base its very simple to lock its position.Its easy to pickup and put between my legs, and put away when done.

maybe this will inspire others with some new ideas, unfortunatly i can’t find the model of this particular lamp…

1 Like

My first version used a pole clamp - you can see the parts and my comment on what I replaced the pole clamp with here: https://www.reddit.com/r/theHandy/comments/ko4fi8/water_bottle_holder_pole_clamp_and_support/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

The new clamp I mentioned above is: Manfrotto super clamp, attached to a manfrotto mini friction arm, with a Manfrotto 394 RC4 Low Profile quick release plate system

I have since iterated to my final design which is the same as above but instead of the small arm I use the much bigger Manfrotto magic arm for more reach and flexibility, with the 394 RC4 plate. It’s fucking pricey, but it’s shit I already had. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/554345-REG/Manfrotto_244RC_244RC_Variable_Friction_Magic.html

1 Like

Hi, I’m looking to find a way to have hand free mount that can Work on all position. Was thinking of something with mic stand but how can I attach handy to it wondering if it will move. (Can add stuff to the Mic stand to make it stable. Thx for advise

Does someone can print this and sell it to France ? Don’t have access to 3D printer

Don’t have the Handy yet, but ordered one, so I’m looking into it.
Do you think this desk clamp cup holder would be sturdy enough? was thinking it might be able to be turned upside down to be used at the edge underneath the desk.

1 Like

I tried this, when the handy really gets going it will work its way out of the cup holder.

1 Like

If you want to wait it out someone from TheHandy (HandyAlexander) part of engineering said that they are releasing a out of the box handsfree solution in Q2 of 2022.

3 Likes

Here is another mention about it from the team. In the comments is a link to a YouTube video that shows it but the video is not about The Handy. https://www.reddit.com/r/theHandy/comments/sory1a/what_mount_for_the_handy_did_marc_rebillet_use/

Use a SLR camera tripod.
Attach by cable ties or insulation tape to the middle pipe.
Adjust the legs to correct height
Works well