Essence Extraction: PMV Panic (by MythrilJay)

Essence Extraction: PMV Panic (by MythrilJay)
Version 0.1 Release

The first release! I have put together a bunch of the PMV scripts I have created with a story/theme and put game-ified them with the help of the amazing @SaekoM and their Fap Hero Journey program! Fap Hero: JOURNEY v.0.6.1

Download Fap Hero Journey, then download my created Journey, and voila- An amazing experience awaits.

I have wanted something like this ever since I started making scripts and it’s finally here and improving fast! Be sure to thank them and of course download it as you need it to run my (hopefully amazing) Journey!

Just note that the round number seems off as there are many branching choices and randomized paths. Currently it goes through a bunch of scenes, 2 boss battles, and (spoiler!) a rest area. Once you get through the night’s rest you are caught up for now.

But there are a ton of different choices and randomized chanced paths with randomized pmvs so you can play a bunch of times and get different experiences! (spoiler!) Even the bosses have at least a couple options already.

I need to add more pictures for the various backgrounds and choices, but I did get a lot of pics for the girls in there at least and something to play while I continue work on it! There are even a couple PMVs I scripted just for the story that haven’t even been released on here otherwise yet! Happy hunting!

Have fun and let me know of any bugs, like if any of the text seems strange, cut off, pictures in the wrong place, choices lead you to the wrong place, etc.

Link (large file, will have to import before downloading):20.34 GB file on MEGA

Recommendations:

  • I haven’t added effects to many rounds yet, but when I do I will probably have a low percentage recommended for effects in the settings. I think mine is 20% right now but it won’t affect anything yet until I add more effects.

  • If using handy/handy2 use intiface+bluetooth for now. It syncs way better. Maybe we can get Wifi working in the future better

  • Filler strokes during storyboard: Up to you - I tried to make most transition/talking areas pretty short (except the one big optional “what’s this place?” optional info dump at the beginning. I didn’t need it, but turn it on if you need it.

18 Likes

Great journey, loved the storytelling.

The Veronica Rodriguez and DemonMikaa PMVs were great!

I’m gonna be honest—it was hard to cum to this journey though. I don’t know what it is. I really love PMVs and like 90% of the stars used, but I just couldn’t get there. I played the journey twice from beginning to end. On the first playthrough I finished it, and on the second playthrough I got to about 30% before giving up and playing something else.

Maybe it’s because it’s so music-based and just feels repetitive and fast. Also, the strokes change direction instantly instead of kind of easing into the next movement.

Overall, I really enjoyed the journey. Great work! Kinda sad I couldn’t finish :frowning:

Hmm. Never had that problem on my end. Not sure if something was going wrong then with the sync or if the movement was just too fast on average and overstimulating for you maybe? Could always try to limit the max range on your device. That would slow down the strokes.

Not sure exactly what you mean by strokes starting instantly instead of easing in. When there are a bunch of beats back to back it’s going to be a lot of full or pretty full strokes. There are only 2 directions up and down. It goes down, next move has to be back up. No super slow transition like some action based stuff when there is basically no movement and it goes from 0 to 10, then back to 0, then to 20 etc.

1 Like

Congrats on release! I am still cranking away at my story. It will be interesting to see how differnet authors use this software. Mine is like a visual novel following Jill Valentine’s RE 3 (very dark and nsfw obviously). I think it is a testament to @SaekoM 's amazing work that these journeys can be so diverse. This will be a really powerful piece of software for the community.

Disclosure: I haven’t tested your journey and wont for a few weeks. I am nose to the grindstone on my own offering and will wait on your 20gig download till you’re closer to a completed release.

Thanks again to Saekom and awesome job on your release. I hope to get some ideas from your implementation.

2 Likes

So your script, let’s say, goes 0 → 100 → 40 → 100 → 0. It goes straight between those points at max speed.

But other people’s scripts go more like 0 → 90 → 100 → 90 → 50 → 40 → 0.

So it’s more of a wave on the Handy, which makes you feel it more.

But maybe it feels different on the Handy 2 because the motor is stronger.

All in all, it was a great journey!

1 Like

This is such a cool idea, I can’t wait to try it!
I think you’ll be the first to do a dark story, so I’m very intrigued.

You do see that a lot more in action based scripts with subtle motion and slower sections (more time between actions/points. You see that less in beat based scripts. And it’s not really possible in faster sections in beat based scripts. Each point of travel has to be communicated to the device, then the device accepts the data and starts movement to the next point. If the points are too close together in timing then the devices will skip over them.

Also It shouldn’t be going at max speed between every step. If it is then the beat timing would be way off. It varies the speed based on how far it has to travel. In your 100-0-100-40 examle if on the same beat the 100-0 will be much faster than the 100-40 because it has to travel much further in the exact same time frame. And the upstrokes back to 100 are usually slower than the downstroke because usually the more intense speed on the beat for downstroke is preferred. The actions should vary from around 200-500 fairly regularly with 500 being around the max on the handy.

To me it really just sounds like you prefer motion scripts and slower movements. Try turning down the total available range and it will slow things down for you.

Unless your device really is running every action at max speed and it feels like the beats are way off compared to the beat bar if you turn it on. Then it may not be communicating with your device correctly.

1 Like