Figured out how to connect Handy to DeoVR after stupid update!

I will note here, not really to defend, but that there is in fact a bug that may be confusing people who ARE members of SLR. I have a lifetime sub to both videos and scripts and even I couldn’t actually get local scripts to work as it kept telling me I needed to be a premium member.

What I was told, and I think this is a silly requirement but whatever, is you need to open the SLR page first in Deo then switch back to your local setup (like XBVR in my case) in order for Deo to connect your account or some such. Kind of stupid since you ALSO have to login to SLR from your local thingy so it should already have connected the accounts. In any case sillyness aside once I started doing that it has worked fine.

That said, even as a lifetime member who isn’t really affected by this, I agree with the larger sentiment that this is causing SLR more harm than good. Giving a little goodwill to “freeloaders” probably would have been a better move. Script syncing through the SLR servers can’t possibly be that expensive to them.

1 Like

People are not attacking you. They only become hostile once you start with the personal insults.

2 Likes

That’s just so customer unfriendly and even rude, it should win an award! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Let me explain to you, since you can’t look further than your wallet and don’t see the whole picture:

I personally have been a customer of that platform from time to time, on and off. So, actually calling those customer “freeloaders”, how is that in YOUR best interest? And btw… how are those who play LOCAL scripts that you don’t provide a freeloader, anyway? Now next you’ll say, that those watching videos with your player that you don’t provide, are freeloaders too… oops, guess I just gave you an idea to implement next: Just make local videos to be playable with the player only with a subscription too!

And one could assume you may not know your own platform well: Don’t you provide also VR webcam services? Are those customers not valuable to you either? I’m asking, because they neither can play scripts, isn’t that correct?

You know, maybe a lot of people may not able to afford to keep a permanent subscription for some reason. But they may be VERY WELL a customer of you! So, you’re actually alienating all these customers too, you just aren’t aware of the damage you are doing to yourself/the company.

Not complaining here, don’t get me wrong. Do your business as your prefer. You know, there are alternatives, for EVERYTHING after all! And we (the customers) also have a choice. But, you’re simply just not seeing the whole picture, and I thought I should clarify a thing or two.

tldr; Let me put it simple: It’s not just freeloaders you don’t care about, as you may think… it’s actually customers you don’t care about!

1 Like

That’s exactly it! Calling customers including past customers, “freeloaders” and at occasion other things as seen, is at some point just enough. @doublevr you’re the one triggering this. Many of us are not hostile towards you nor attacking you at all, but you can’t expect that those are not sick of the way you are treating these people and have called them out repeatedly insults - and you are doing this towards more people than you are aware, as it seems.

Besides you could have had solved this issue once it appeared very easily…

2 Likes

Not only did the update make me look me elsewhere, it allowed me to discover an upgrade. Thanks @doublevr

1 Like

This is so dumb… How much did they pay off DEO to get them to disable local playback unless “SLR says so”? That’s some crazy stuff.

Anyone aware of a process to roll back the update for Oculus on Windows (Quest 2 over Oculus Link)?

Based on the hostile communication in here, I will probably never give SLR any money. This thread is a prime example of how not to talk to potential customers.
What is the simplest way of viewing local videos and using local scripts on an original Quest? I was trying to get HandyControl to work with DeoVR, but I am guessing DeoVR removed that functionality based on what I can read here.
From what I can tell buying a single script from SLR might get it to work magically somehow, but there must be an easier, more transparent and less hostile way of getting things to work.
I got it to work with the local player on handyfeeling.com, but that was pretty clunky.

I guess I just don’t trust either DeoVR or SLR to not take away any additional functionality in the future.

Side note: I get that this is all new territory and that nothing just magically works and that SLR have probably worked hard for their site, but stuff like this thread is just an absolutely massive boner kill.
I have no problems paying for software, or even for new features within that software, but there is a level of trust that needs to be established first. I currently have no trust.

2 Likes

@kinghimself Heresphere is worth every penny, and the developer is nice to all of their potential customers.

2 Likes

Agreed!
I was a customer of SLR, then the DeoVR update happened, made me stop my subscription.

found out about Heresphere and i’m not disappointed at all in Heresphere!
no longer have to pay a subscription!

2 Likes

So this is the reason why my handy doesn’t work anymore? It says handy connected, sending to handy but nothing happens… This is so lame… I have a gear VR so it doesn’t work with scripts through SLR so i have to purchase and download each video and script to play locally… I guess it’s time to toss away the handy and just go back to the trusty left and right hand :smiley:

1 Like

This kills every for me, im out of this market now… Im a android mobile user and tho i use a samsung device with gearVR my device is degoogled so the gearVR acts as a fancy cardboard device aka android mobile, dropping this is an SLR choice and tho im annoyed i can no longer use scripts that i bought from SLR (i can still watch video but handy sync is no longer functional) my anger comes from SLR not bothering to implement a popup to say ‘your device is no longer supported’ which lead to spending a week trying to trouble shoot a device that works fine they just quietly disabled it, thank fuck i found these threads before i brought a new handy.

I wont buy a quest 2 as i will not support the meta and i do not use facebook so my option now is to spend north of $3,000 to put a gaming pc and VR headset in my bedroom and ditch my current setup or lose use of hundreds of dollars (terabytes) of interactive content i have bought over the years.

My wireless, 1440p, descrete, convenient and facebook free setup was perfect for this content.

Thank you SLR for trying to make my setup eWaste, we all know the world needs more eWaste.
Thank you for doing it in a manor that was both time consuming and aggravating, all paying customers love to be screwed around.

Thank you for the lesson, i own the script and the movie (brought from SLR), i own the interactive device and the movie playback device, you actively stopped me from using my property yet you claim unlimited. Lies!
SLR has a bit of a monopoly on the use of interactive content and IMO they can not be trusted to do what is right over what is profitable and easy.

They have the right to drop support, i have the right to be mad about it!

5 Likes

Bummer. My Oculus Go worked just fine with local scripts/media and the Handy. I cannot downgrade in the Oculus Store for some reason, any way I can get the APK for the Go from someone? Is it mirrored somewhere? I could install it using ADB, since I have my Go in devmode.

Try here: Information - OculusDB
I don’t remember what version is the right one, probably somewhere around v.11-12

Hey thanks, I was able to download old versions after all.
Since I have the Oculus Go, the most current version offered in the oculus store is 8.53.
I tried installing a couple of older versions (down to 8.0), but the problem persists.

My theory is that DeoVR uses the SLR servers to transfer the funscript to the handy, so if the SLR site only works for members, it won’t work, regardless of the app version.

Can someone post if the method described in the OP still works?

1 Like

It doesn’t.

You need the latest version.