Flash Toy Sync - Sync sex toys to flash games

yes i went back to try and finish the animation using the workaround, still doing the same thing. then I also found out none of the recorded parts never really worked and wouldn’t play when actually playing it. I clearly did something wrong with deleting scenes or adding scripts to the wrong scenes. I’m pretty sure i have to start over from scratch again, I kind of gave up after that haha. It’s a bit over my head.

It’s odd, looking at the clip you recorded, I couldn’t see anything that you did wrong. I started a bit on that animation as well, so I’ll finish that next. And if you or anyone else have other animations that you would like to see scripted, feel free to list them and I’ll see if I can get around to scripting them.

Also, regarding the stuttering issue that you mentioned earlier, that should be fixed in a release I did earlier today. While it still not perfect for buttplug, it should hopefully make it slightly smoother for it.

Yo just wanted to say that this is a fantastic software you’re making, really opens up a lot of extra possibilities for ppl. I’ve been wanting to see something that lets people script interactive content for a while now

Thanks! Yeah, I have been wanting to see more interactive content as well, especially as I like being able to slow things down and be able control when the climax happens in way that’s more natural than pausing a video, or skipping around in it.

Please let me know if you’re having any issues, especially with any animation in the editor.

Thank you for providing another way to create and share content… One day I’ll share the 40 GB of content i’ve created lol

Few things I’ve experienced which may have been shared but if not better to let know:

1. Cant do rapid, rapid movements yet but I am sure there are reasons so that is not a big concern at the moment, curious if there is a way to just load in the script its playing in advance… since most of these are loops has there ever been a way to pre-load a script ahead of time?

2. Few flash games I’ve worked on/been working on dont play in as2/as3 however I can edit them in as3… the Edit side works flawless and i can test it in the ac3 but when I go to play it, it does not load properly. The flash plays but nothing is clickable just seems as if the flash broke. Perhaps may have to do with Adobe AIR? Been testing the limits of what I can edit and try out.

3. Found a flash game that was off centered, run it normally outside the program and its just fine, but within it, its off to the right and unable to play, edit… Wonder why and resizing does nothing. Maybe the way the flash was made…

4. Any way to set it up to run .swf within folders? For instance I have a few i’ve scripted and not tested but I dont seem, to be able to open them in folders within the as2/as3 folder. Perhaps soon?

40 gigs! Great to hear that you’re getting some use out of it, and I’m really curious what you have been working on!

In order to give better answers, I would have to see some of the animations that you’re working on to see what’s wrong. But I can give you these answers so far:

1. Rapid movements

It depends on the toy, theHandy does fairly well with fast scenes, though it has it’s limits. Any toy that is using buttplug won’t work quite as well for the time being, but it’s something I will definitely look at improving. I just recieved a KEON, so I will be able to test it with another device as well.

As for loading in scripts in advance. If we’re talking about play mode, then for theHandy it loads in the entire script in advance, so the only delay you get is at the start of a new scene and when it have looped enough times. As for buttplug, as far as I’m aware, it doesn’t support loading entire scripts. Instead the way it works is that you send each individual script position as you approach them. So there will be a slight bit of lag for every single position that is in the script.

1. Not working in play mode

If an animation works in the editor, it should work in play mode as well since the animation is loaded in the same way in both modes. So there’s likely a bug somewhere in the code specifically for the play mode that’s causing the issue.

1. Off-centered animation

It sounds like you are perhaps attempting to load an AS3 animation in the AS2 version. As the AS2 version isn’t able to execute any of the AS3 code that is inside the animation, this causes all the animation frames to be played as if there’s no code in the animation.

Otherwise, if it’s a AS2 animation, the size of the animation has to be manually adjusted, as AS2 doesn’t provide any way to check the intended size of a loaded swf. I can check the width/height of the content, but that’s not always the same as the stage size.

If it’s a AS3 animation, then it will attempt to scale and center the animation based on information available when it’s loaded.

If it’s not placed correctly, then it’s most likely an issue where the animation resizes itself through Actionscript. This is common for animations that implements camera panning and zoom. I have systems in place to correct the position and scale, but it might not work properly for the animation you’re working on.

1. Loading from other folders

Due to built in security in the adobe flash player, flash is not allowed to access the location of files on your computer. So when you select a file, I can only access information about the file such as it’s name and file size, not the actual location of the file. That’s why all animations has to be placed inside the animations-as3/as2 folders.

As for Standalone animations, which are swf files which loads other swf files, flash-toy-sync-as2/as3.exe has to be placed in the same folder as the animation otherwise it can’t load the other animations that it depends on.

So unfortunately it’s fairly limited in terms of how it can access files.

That’s really cool project! I’ve made a script for Fandeltales Scene Viewer if someone wants to try it (only redhead part for now, I might finish it later, the link will be the same full game now) - MEGA.

If I can suggest something would it be possible to add an option to put the position of the stroker manually rather than use drag and drop markers? It’s sometimes hard to evaluate where to put markers especially when the animation is angled weirdly. So for example I put the 100 at the start, then 0 in the middle of the animated part and it will come back to 100 at the end just like the tool does it now. I know there is a way around it by locking tip and base markers and use stim marker as an indicator, but if it’s somehow possible it would make things easier, at least in my case. Or maybe at least add some sort of indicator so we could see what’s the current postion of the script.

Btw is there a way to ctrl+Z if you mess markers up by accident?

Glad you like it!

Fun fact, I started scripting that animation for the original flash toy sync that I created around 2 years ago, and remember it being quite tedious to do.

As for manually setting the positions, do you perhaps mean using the 0-9 keys? I have been considering making it so that if you press one of the numpad keys/the regular number keys, it moves the stimulation marker to a point between the base and tip marker/tracker.

As for an indication of the actual position, I used to have a text next to the stim marker for the depth in an earlier version, before overhauling the codebase. So I’ll definitely add that back now that you mention it.

I’m also considering adding a panel with a visual line for the scene script, so you can get a better idea how the script will play.

And as for undo and redo with Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+Y. It’s something I think any editor needs, so it’s something I would like to do at some point. There’s currently also no way to delete a recorded marker position, which is definitely on the list to add as well.

1 Like

Definitely numpad keys could work, would make it easier for scripters who used to work in JFS/OFS. But even the position indicator would be very helpful. Glad you made this tool because it’s definitely something cool for people who loves something more interactive than normal scripts.

Based on the suggestions from @Husky.

Right now it uses numpad 0 for the tip position and 9 for the base position, but if that’s inverted compared to JFS and OFS, I wouldn’t mind reversing it if people would prefer it to work exactly the same as other tools.

Minimum stroke length and smoother scripts for buttplug are still being worked on, though they are quite challenging to get right, so it may take a while.

3 Likes

Liking it a lot so far for some of the flash games I enjoy! That said, It might just be me, but sometimes if I jump to the first frame (using either full Left/A or Shift Left/A) it’ll unpause the animation and can make that first frame be difficult to access, anyone else experience this? I usually have to hold A/Left for a inconsistent (although short) period of time to access that first frame.

If anyone’s curious, JSK games don’t seem to work unfortunately, at least I can’t get them to load the animation frames for those scenes since they’re probably in separate flash files

edit: Nevermind. seems to only happen on the flash game that had nothing in its root hierarchy, forget the bug then.

Glad you’re enjoying it!

Unfortunately that will happen for animations where the creator put some code on the first frame that causes the animation to resume playing. Long story short, when you make a flash animation, you can put code on any animation frame, inside any nested child in the hierarchy. This is usually what causes some animations to be tricky to work with as flash-toy-sync has no way to know what code is being executed on the different frames.

Thankfully you don’t have to record the first frame, as you just need the B, T, and S markers to move correctly. So you can start recording it from the second frame.

As for the JSK games that has nothing nested in the root, were you able to get those to work? If not, please post a link or the title, and I’ll have a look.

I see, the first frame explanation definitely makes sense.

As for the JSK games, I spoke too soon. it’s half and half. The ones that are kept as an all-in-one swf file seem to work completely, but ones that have additional flash files on top of main don’t register in root nor load the frame data once a sex scene begins, in fact it erases the original hierarchy all together.

Here’s a link to one of their games, 70.15 MB folder on MEGA

2 Likes

Thanks for linking it!

I had a quick look, and I see what you mean. The only standalone animations I have worked with so far, loads in their external animations as a nested element within the hierarchy. But it seems like this one loads the animation directly onto the root. So if I had to guess, the animation is most likely causing the root element to unload, and then replaces it with another animation.

I’ll see if I can implement a fix for this later today, when I get off work.

Has this been used with an OSR device?

The handy is cool and all but its needs some t-wist

I haven’t used it with an OSR, as I don’t own one. But I would like to add support for twist.

Probably going to see if I can commission someone to build one for me.

@testyman123 Please let me know if this fixes it for all the JSK games that didn’t work properly before.

1 Like

From what I’ve tested, the fix works! The frames and recordings maintain in both the base game and gallery modes.

I can’t seem to get the play mode working, edit works fine but the second i click play the flash player locks up after a few frames with a “script is causing flash to run slowly” message. Tried waiting about 10 minutes, no dice.

@testyman123 Great, glad it’s working now!

@BVISOPGGG Are you having that issue with all animations, or is there a specific one you’re having the issue with?