Funexpander + JFS = Ruined scripted?

Hello, need some help please.I have just tried to replay one of my old scripts ‘‘Coco Lovelock : Eyes On The Prize’’ Which I had not tested at the time. I’m finding that the points are either one frame behind or in front. I scripted it frame by frame, no way in hell did I mistime all those points constantly. I’m thinking something else is at play here…? Also sometimes when I open a 60fps video JFS will say Could not detect framerate. Falling back to 29.97 Could that mean I’m getting some kind of double conversion under to 30fps messing up my points? So annoyingly, I have to go back and edit the whole script.

And what does FunExpander have to do with it?

2 Likes

Did you open the same converted video as before or just non-converted video (assuming you used fun expander for conversion)? Because if you didn’t the videos might and probably will be different. And the differences might be even a few frames.

The software shouldn’t be the reason why you think it’s changed.

1 Like

JFS does that. It has never been an issue from a scripting point of view though.

If you really want it there is a JFS version that supports 60fps in the following thread:

1 Like

I use funexpander to convert videos down to i-frames and 30 fps.

@migukin3 had a similarish brought it up in this thread.Which he explained Funexpander can can cause sync issues

https://discuss.eroscripts.com/t/sexbabesvr-closer-to-her-lulu-love-nata-ocean/56831/4

No I deleted the converted video i-frames after scripting. So I checked with a non-converted one which they are indeed differant. Which I kinda of expected but not
by that much. Mostly noticeable on the down which have been scripted too fast.

Oh right, I didn’t know that, so there is no point in using Funexpander frames converter. What would be best/consistent practice do you think, letting JFS do the conversion down to 29.97 fps or letting Funexpander do the conversion to 30 fps.

I wouldn’t convert a 60 fps video to 30 fps, i would script it in 60 fps.

Yeah that would be optimal, but that would also take age. Maybe if I was selling scripts I would do it that way. Looking for a balance between speed and consistency. I’ve just found another of my script that need adjustment.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.