Funscript to Estim

check out restim by diglet restim by diglet on github

whenever milo gets back up there is a great FAQ for it.

1 Like

Restim is fantastic. It took me maybe a half hour to figure out how to get MPC player, MultiFunPlayer, and Restim to shake hands, and a bit longer to figure out how to convert the scripts with Restim, but since then itā€™s been magic. Best thing ever.

1 Like

what kind of estim unit do you use?

Home made midi stim style box from the milovana topic. 2 amazon amps and some big transformers. I have a 2B but itā€™s an unreliable piece of garbage with no warranty that started dying in less than 3 months.

Setup info to copy to make it easier for folks:

Media Player Classic works and you only need those three things:

and then convert your funscript (it will keep the original, so itā€™s non-destructive)

After Restim I never use anything else. Unreliable crappy 2B stays disconnected.

Iā€™ve been playing around with ReStim since Friday night after thinking ā€œthereā€™s not enough good MP3ā€™s, I need to convert funscript to e-stim to experience these amazing videoā€™sā€.

I cannot for the life of me figure it out, thereā€™s no useful info anywhere that explains anything.

I create .Alpha/.Beta files, now what?
Theyā€™re just funscript files, they didnā€™t convert to E-stim. How exactly am I supposed to open these to play with my 2b?

There is extensive information on the wiki. You need to load the funscripts into multifunplayer which will sync with your video player of choice. MFP sends the funscript data to Restim, which generates the signals. See mfp setup Ā· diglet48/restim Wiki Ā· GitHub

Thank you, thatā€™s more info than the wiki.

The wiki mentions a couple of different video players but is worded like thatā€™s completely optional. I only really want the audio, I canā€™t play the video and stim audio simultaneously so would play the video on an external device.

Edit:
Getting "MPC-HC failed with exception:

System.TimeoutException: A task was canceled.
ā€”> System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSourceWithCancellation1.WaitWithCancellationAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithVersionDetectionAndRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.<SendAsync>g__Core|83_0(HttpRequestMessage request, HttpCompletionOption completionOption, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts, CancellationTokenSource pendingRequestsCts, CancellationToken originalCancellationToken) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at MultiFunPlayer.Common.ExceptionExtensions.Throw(Exception e) at MultiFunPlayer.MediaSource.ViewModels.MpcMediaSource.UnwrapTimeout(Func1 action)
at MultiFunPlayer.MediaSource.ViewModels.MpcMediaSource.RunAsync(CancellationToken token)" when trying to connect to Media Player Classic.

Itā€™s also not clear how I output as EStim as the options are buttplug.io, File, Pipe, etc.
Is there no clearer instructions anywhere, this feels like Iā€™m supposed to know how it works before Iā€™ve even used it?

You may have to enable the api in MPC-HC.

Playing a funscript without synchronizing to video is not supported right now.

You can start the estim playback with the clearly labeled button in the Restim UI. By default it just plays over the speakers.

Oh that would be great, any idea where the option is?

ā€œPlay audioā€ just plays a solid signal, not the audio generated from one of the many funscripts Iā€™ve downloaded and ā€œconvertedā€ using ReStim.
What I mean is, thereā€™s no option to ā€œloadā€ the funscript alpha/beta files and play them back. All converting does is save them into a folder for whatever reason, is never actually explained

For example. Iā€™ve convereted this, now what? There isnā€™t any readme.txt, instructions etc anywhere explaining what exactly Iā€™m now supposed to do, to get these to play stim audio.
You say to click the obvious ā€œplay audioā€ button, but that isnā€™t how I play these files.

You found the button already. But you need to setup MFP to send the funscript to Restim, if youā€™ve done that correctly the green dot starts to move and the signal changes.

How exactly you setup MFP to auto-load the funscripts, and connect MFP to Restim, is explained on the wiki page I already linked.

@lsidfoaprgsmdvlnvas just fyi the section on creating restim device in the wiki could be simplified since there is an option to copy device to clipboard and create device from clipboard in MFP for a while now. I saw people at milovana sharing different configs so I figured I make it easier.

Also about needing a video player, if restim would export the funscripts in the SLR multi axis format instead of separate files for alpha/beta then internal player will load all axes just fine, but I will also add support for loading additional funscripts to internal player.

I give up.

I feel like Iā€™m unaware of some inside joke.

This wiki, is as bare bones as a guide can get. It says how to make it work, without explaining how to make it work at the same time.

I canot for the life of me, get any of these to work, other than ā€œfileā€ - which just generates more funscripts, completely useless for what Iā€™m trying to achieve.
Iā€™ve tried Websocket and TCP to match the info ReStim is giving on the cmd:

i.e on MFP, under websocket, I type in 12346, doesnā€™t work.

I swear Iā€™m going to have an aneurysm being given these riddles rather than simple A/B/C instructions.

I work in IT - not development or coding - but if I were to explain solutions to one of my colleagues in this way, Iā€™d expect to be smacked in the face.

@Yoooi Thanks, I will look into that.

@Sissydolluk The address you are supposed enter in MFP is ws://localhost:12346/ or ws://127.0.0.1:12346/. I donā€™t want to sound too negative but these steps are explained in text and in image on the wikiā€¦ mfp setup Ā· diglet48/restim Wiki Ā· GitHub. I canā€™t comment on the MFP wiki cause Iā€™ve never needed it.

Thank you!

That worked perfectly. Still canā€™t get VLC or WMP Classic to work, but I have an external SSD with all my videoā€™s on that I use on a seperate device anyway so itā€™s not a big thing

i currently have the 2b estim box but it has started acting up. does anyone have a stereo stim they can recommend or anyone that build diy versions?

If you really need to just make a tri-phase mp3 audio file, itā€™s easier to just use the funstim conversion than Restim. The link is the second post in this thread. Alternatively in the main repo of Restim, thereā€™s a python script designed to make an audio file. As far as Iā€™m aware itā€™s outdated and doesnā€™t have documentation on how to use it but if you know how to use Python, you can potentially make it work, I havenā€™t tried. Iā€™ve made multifunplayer work with the MPV player just fine and find trying to use VLC as an external player with any tool at all to be an exercise in pulling my hair out. Using an external player would still require you to use MPV or another player in MFP but youā€™d then need to synchronize the stim to the video each time which would be a pain.

Good luck, tl;dr use the Funstim converter.

I donā€™t think the python script works anymore, I will remove it from the repo. The next release has a button in the GUI to create an audio file and doesnā€™t require MFP to sync with video. Will be released either today or tomorrow.