FunscriptDancer - generate Funscripts from music beat/pitch/energy, cross platform

Great job on the program. Wish I knew where to start creating something like this. I am curious though if it’s possible to program into it a way to select a certain beat or frequency and then use that beat for the strokes? For example, if I wanted to use a bass drum sound as my stroke indicator, maybe highlight that drum and tell the program that any matching profile or close to it of that frequency, that needs to be the stroke. Or if the user wanted to use a high hat symbol, same thing.

1 Like

Can anyone explain me in few words how i must run Funscriptdancer?
Thanks in advance

@ncdxncdx

How do I use this?
Can u please post an Instruction. Thx man can’t wait to try it out!

impossible to know, i have the same problem

1 Like

@Wolf7 @MaxDot21

It will take a moment to start up.

There should be a cmd.exe window open: what does it say?

If not, start one from the Start menu → Command Prompt, navigate to FunscriptDancer and run it from there. It should give some sort of output. There’s a command prompt guide here.

Have you tried running it by typing that?

Yes I did! And I get the Error Message that I posted above! :cry:

I seriously don’t understand it. Installed every update for my PC and running Windows 10.

You are in powershell not command prompt, though it should work the same.

Type the below and hit enter

CD D:\ZZZZ\ZZZ_THE HANDY\FUNSCRIPTDANCER

then type the below and hit enter

funscriptdancer.bat

Allternativly just open the folder, hold shift and right click, then click open PowerShell window here, then type funscriptdancer.bat

@stustustustu Thank you i tried that now.

Getting this Error Message now:

PS D:\ZZZZ\ZZZ_THE HANDY\FUNSCRIPTDANCER> funscriptdancer.bat
funscriptdancer.bat : The naming “funscriptdancer.bat” was not used as the name of a cmdlet, a function, a
Script file or an executable program detected. Check the spelling of the name, or if the path
is correct (if included) and try again.
In Line:1 Character:1

• funscriptdancer.bat
  •    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (funscriptdancer.bat:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
       + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Suggestion [3,General]: The funscriptdancer.bat command was not found. However, it does exist at the current location. By default, Windows PowerShell does not load commands from the current location. If you trust this command, type “.\funscriptdancer.bat” instead. For more information, see get-help about_Command_Precedence.
PS D:\ZZZZ\ZZZ_THE HANDY\FUNSCRIPTDANCER>

A god send tool, impressive.

I did a few test with some hmv from hmvmania and got a “satisfactory result”.

However, the “Precompiling FunscriptDancer” phase with julia its a bit slow around 3-4 min on my pc.

1 Like

how to fix it:

julia> using FunscriptDancer; julia_main()
[ Info: Precompiling FunscriptDancer [b3995e71-4ef7-4fde-a328-1332479fb8ff]
ERROR: LoadError: ArgumentError: Package Reactive [a223df75-4e93-5b7c-acf9-bdd599c0f4de] is required but does not seem to be installed:

• Run Pkg.instantiate() to install all recorded dependencies.

——————edit——————

i use import Pkg; Pkg.add(“xxx”) fit this,but new problem

it show me

LoadError: InitError: IOError: could not spawn setenv('C:\Users\...\.julia\artifacts\57bd9311faafa3d8e73dfb991c2cb420f2c65ab9\bin\gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders.exe'

I’ve always wanted to try something like this out for just scripting non-nude music videos. Has this tool been simplified at all for dummies like me?

1 Like

Apologies, I mis-posted this on your other topic. This is a great tool, would a visualizer bar like open funscripter has be a possible todo item? It would help visualize how a script has come out.

DId you ever figure this out? I’m having the same problem. The bat file ran in Julia and downloaded some stuff and the FunscriptDancer window actually opened and let me add media. I didn’t yet have the audio plugin installed so I closed out to install and reboot my PC and now the bat file does nothing. Sometimes CMD flashes for a second but it doesn’t open.

@Brocephus No sadly! It doesnt work for me. Dont know why

Opening powershell in the .bat folder and dragging the .bat into the powershell while Julia is running in the back worked for me. It just takes 15 sec or so to boot while you sit wondering whats happening.

Have you tried to run it manually (see the github guide) instead of through bat file? There’s just few commands in there. BTW Are other .bat files executing allright?

Can you create funscripts with funscript dancer that maintain a specific tempo completely throughout a script? Like if I give you a specific bpm or tempo of a song can you create a funscript that will change stroke length and stroke speed but maintain the tempo of the song?

Nope. You can’t

I was able to get this to run with minimal pounding of my head on the desk.

Thank you, this works pretty well!