Handy local (video) player

So I’ve gotten Handy working (using HandyControl v.11) and it connects to the Handy servers fine and the script is sent and it works. But how I do get the video to play in-sync like this? Sometimes the Handy site doesn’t do well syncing or timing out too fast or etc, so I’d like to use a local program to do it even if it’s going thru their server.

Basically, I just wanna know how I get the video to play thru local software synced to the script. If I’m missing something in the options please guide me!

1 Like

Currently there is no way to play a script offline. It always needs the Handy servers for sync.
If your video is off sync then use the slider to adjust the delay. Usually it’s a negative value.

grafik

1 Like

Have you tried ScriptPlayer? It also has offset setting.

You need version 1.1.1 or later to use with Handy

1 Like

Yup, I’m familiar with that. However, HandyControl doesn’t play a video with it so the issue with that is trying to sync up a video to watch. Otherwise, I do like that program.

This didn’t take long to get working the way I had hoped (you can load a video and then choose a script, and if they have the same file name, it does it automatically). This definitely seems to be the solution I was looking for, thx @trasssh !!

Sure it does. If the filename is the same or there is only one video in the script folder then the video opens in MPC. You need to setup MPC in the settings first.
grafik

1 Like

Yea I looked into that but could not find an MPC player. Oh well.

It’s included in the K-Lite Codec Pack

2 Likes

It’s literally the first result in google thoughmpc

1 Like

Don’t embarrass me! :blush: :wink:
But seriously, I did that, found the site that says it’s no longer supported and could get everything but an actual exe for it. Maybe I was in “the wrong mindset” at the time. No worries, I hope this thread helps someone else with the collection of information and issues I had.

The original player is not supported anymore but there are a few side branches that are still updating the app. For regular 2D content this player is top.

MPC-BE (Black Edition) 64 bit is compatible and also works with HandyControl.
I just have to change a bit of code so you can select it.
grafik

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.