"Handy" Simple scripter

Yeah I was thinking of it, and replacing that old outdated tutorial I did. But as the Simple scripter tool evolves though, maybe it’s better to wait until I can do a tutorial in that tool.

The step I need to do in OFS right now is selecting and moving top points up and the bottom points down for different sections of the script, to exaggerate movement.

A scale/expand/stretch graph section feature in the simple scripter would be even better.

1 Like

could you describe how you want the “scale/expand/stretch graph section” to be like? Then I can try to make it for you.

There is a component called “adjust points in view”. Have you tried that one?

Sure!

This is an example of a motion tracking generated graph:

The up/down movement is much smaller than in the vid but I don’t want to press MIDDLE for example because I want to keep the variety of the movement to reflect the vid.

The graph after I have moved top points up and bottom points down to scale it using OFS:

In this particular case top points were moved +20 and bottom points -10 for the script to match the vid. In other sections of the script I might need different values since the camera might have zoomed out, different camera angle etc.

So you could add adjust top points up and bottom points down by 5 to adjust points in view. Not sure about the mid points, maybe they could be scaled proportionally, up if closer to top or down if close to bottom point.

Got it, thanks. Will give it a try and see if I can add that to “adjust points in view”.

1 Like

Hi

I think I have added what you want. Now you can click on “all” to toggle between all, bottom, top . For example, if you select top and nudge up, you will only move the top points up 5%. The middle points will be moved relative to the change.

3.0.8 changelog:

• Added settings to change the chart height.
  • Rounded seeker information.
  • Improved “adjust points in view” component:
  • Adjust bottom/top points individually. Press “All” button to change the target of the nudge up/down.

Middle points (points between a top and bottom point) keep their relative position. This goes to the conversion of the points and nudging in Y-axis.

5 Likes

Now with these amazing updates, I have also updated this tutorial on how to use the motion tracking.

3 Likes

Someone to do with YouTube video on this

8 Likes

Has anyone tried using the computer vision tracking with a 2D/animated video? I spent a few hours trying several and none of them will track properly.

In this example there are a couple of suggested tracking points when you click on ‘find points to track’, but none of them follow the video properly. There is either no movement at all or a very minimal wave pattern like you can see in the later part of the graph.

Is this program limited to real-life videos?

@SzFrs A semi educated guess would be to increase the “Win size”.
If the tracking area is smaller than the motion from one frame to the next these computer vision algorithms tend to fail.
But maybe you’ve tried this already.

Hi, I do 3d and sometimes I just need to copy paste blocks or points but too bad it’s not possible. if you can add the ability to copy paste or the ability to add custom template that will be perfect. and also the ability to switch to fps mode. Thanks

Hi

No, I do not think so. As long as the pixels are “moving” the CV algos should be able to detect and track. It might be that there is something “strange” happening between the frames in the animated videos that set the tracker out, but my guess is the same as @gagax123 : Try to change to a bigger win size

Noted. I have added it to my todo list

Question… Can you do this from your phone I don’t have a desktop or a laptop just my phone

This application is built for desktops. It would probably work, but the interface would not be great.

Thanks for the replies guys. When I have the time I will give it another go and let you know if I was successful. :slight_smile:

Hey Alexander, just wanna say thank you for this great work! You also have a great style being kind and relaxed doing the videos and taking time patiently for the members.
Keep on going doing this great work and dont leave your kindness!

Thank you so much:-)

Added Xbox controller support👌

2 Likes

Can you copy and paste points using the Simple Scripter? Or (what I would like to do) be able to copy a series of points and paste them in the visible portion of the timeline so they repeat.

Or expanding/contracting points between start and end points so speed up/slow down would be good too.

2 Likes