HandyControl 1.2.3 (28.11.2021) - Added Support for Pyro (Remote Control)

:page_facing_up: This is a beta update for HandyControl V0.12.0 beta4

In this version I have added the next layer in the ScriptSequencer so you can now combine your patterns and create advanced scripts.

You need to create a second csv file with following structure.

Sequence: The name of the sequence
Pattern: The name of the pattern in the pattern csv file.
Variant: The name of the variant of the defined pattern in the pattern csv file. If left empty then a random variant of this pattern is selected.
Repeat: Repeat this x times. Each repeat cycle also selects a new random variant.
Options: Nothing defined yet
Description: Place for comments that are not imported
grafik

The Excel Template now has two sheets. If you press the export button then both csv files are generated.
This template also contains all my test patterns and scripts so you can have a look how it works.
This should give you enough examples to get you started.

You have to setup both file paths in the settings for faster update.
grafik

The pattern file now also have a description column.
Added the missing UP option for patterns so you can define the starting direction also the other way.
grafik

The pattern and sequence controls now scale with the form.
The upper controls load a single pattern and the lower controls load the sequence.
grafik

Every time you press the create button you will get a random script.
grafik
grafik

You can also load my three scripts here.
grafik

@Jupiter : You can now disable the triggers.
grafik

5 Likes

Legend! Man of your word!

I think I might be able to achieve the script/ manual control I was talking about in my feedback post by using the mixed mode quoted above. Looks like I hadn’t read the manual thoroughly. I will have to test it out but I am assuming hitting the start button would stop theHandy, and the Select button resumes the script, is that correct?

Update: Tested it. Disregard this entire part below. I need to learn how to read manuals. I had the functionality I was referring to here the whole time!

Disable the Auto Return to Script Mode.

Now after you have switched to manual mode by pressing ABXY or the triggers you can stop Handy with the start button and start it again with ABXY or the triggers. Press Select to go back to the script.

Releasing the triggers will also stop handy in this mode. The triggers are realy nice if you cum so you can slow down the action more and more until you are done.

1 Like

Hi, I mentioned it once before, but it would be awesome if you could implement some sort of bulk loading of videos/scripts. Either automatic uploading of new scripts when the previous one finishes, or concatenate the scripts before uploading. That way we will not have any pause between the videos.

I also have noticed that I have to restart The Handy sometimes during long sessions. I don’t think it is a video timeout because it also happens when I change videos/scripts often. Do you know why this happens? (I am pretty sure the problem is not in HandyControl)

1 Like

As far as I know that happens after one hour ish. Thats a server side thing that can’t be changed. I heard that the new API might improve this.

A playlist is currently not on my ToDo list but it is not forgotten.

:page_facing_up: This is a update for HandyControl V0.12.0

In this version the script sequencer leaves it’s beta stage. I am realy exited to release the new features as it is so nice to create scripts with them :relaxed:. I hope you also like them and find many new ideas to use them.

1 Repeat Script Sections (Loop Script)

You now have 3 more buttons under the heatmap. Two of them can set little red markers on the heatmap to indicate the starting and end position in the script. If the third button is pressed then the script section between the markers is repeated until the function is disabled again. If no markers are set then the whole script is repeated.

The markers can be set with the buttons or by pressing F1 & F2. In selection mode you can scroll through the heatmap without reseting the preview. Just click in the preview chart to set the markers. Reset a marker with right click on its button.

The Excel export to clipboard function also makes use of the markers so you can cut a section of the scripts and export it to Excel. It will export any timestamp after the first marker and before the last marker.

2 Script Sequencer

The controls for the sequencer are now located in a dedicated form. You can access them through the context menu.

The sequencer now got a new feature that allows to use png images to create scripts. The sequencer use those images to generate the script. Stroke and speed can be set with different images.

I made this as the beta version could only create linear paths and this was causing so much work to get a script smooth. Now you can just draw your path and create any flow you like.

I have also updated the sequencer files in the download folder with new templates including a new Photoshop template to create stroke and speed images.

I will write a separate tutorial on how to use the Script Sequencer next…

3 Variant Preview

If a variant is made of an image then you can use this button to compare the image with the image.
The images is displayed in the background of the preview chart. If a variant is made of more lines then this will not work. This also does not combine images.

Example 1

Sequencer used to create a script from an audio file. This was just an experiment out of curiosity. :grinning:

Example 2

Simple image for speed or stroke range.

Example 3

A script that makes use of meander images.

https://discuss.eroscripts.com/t/sequence-meander/13302?u=lucifie

Example 4

A sequence that shows different combinations of a stroke range image with different speed images.

Have a look at the template files for more examples.

5 Likes

Handy Control is awesome and your way to create patterns and sequences is especially great. I was curious if there is a way to change a sequence so that it is in synch with a specific BPM? I think the scaling feature does this but not to BPM. The assumption here is that the time differences between strokes are either the same or are divisible by the same number.

Also, is there a way to have Handy Control randomly sequence a group of chosen patterns? (There is probably a simple way to do this that I overlooked). Thanks!

1 Like

You can only scale patterns. A sequence combines patterns.

I have tried this once for @Schorsche but not tested this any further.
You need to calculate the duration or speed for one up/down stroke so the down stroke ends at the target time of your BPM. Look at Example E. There is a formula to calculate the duration for 1 up/down stroke with 100% speed and 100% stroke range.

So 60BPM will mean you have 1 row with duration = 1000 and a speed you have to calculate based on the stroke range.

Create a pattern with different variants. In the sequencer csv you just leave the variant empty.
The sequence then selects a random variant from that pattern.

5 variants available - One will be selected

Thanks Lucifie!

I cannot get this program to recognize my xbox one wired controller. The controller is present and working in control panel, works for steam games, and even brings up the Windows 10 integrated XBox overlay when pushing the xbox symbol button. Handy control just says gamepad disconnected. I have tried connecting the gamepad before and after launching the application, as well as after the app is launch ed and the handy has been connected. Still not detected. Any thoughts?

Is this setting enabled? Try a different USB port.
grafik

Don’t use an USB hub. I had bad time delays when my old controller was in the hub.
Connect it to the pc directly.

@Lucifie

Hey bud. Can you use this program if you don’t have the Handy. I want to take advantage of the Excel to funscript functionality but when i open it i’m getting a message to “Please enter your Handy connection key in the settings to use the app”

If you remove the key or just dont enter it then you still can use its features. This message just reminds new users to enter their key to control Handy. Nothing more. I don’t see and problems in loading, editing and exporting scripts.

I might have to change the text to be more clear.

I’m happy to hear that but I may be a noob here but i don’t see the option to import Excel.

Screenshot

Right click opens the menu.

grafik

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:

I’m an idiot. Thanks!!

1 Like
               Shhhhhh. No you aren't.

sisterhood-of-the-shrinking-jeans

5 Likes

:page_facing_up: This is a update for HandyControl V0.13.0

DeoVR + MPC-BE support

You have asked for this feature and here it is. You can now select between MPC (2D) and DeoVR (2D/3D).

grafik

Previously you could only select MPC-HC which is not updated anymore.
Now you can also select MPC-BE (Black Edition) which is fully compatible.

DeoVR can be used local on you PC or remotely. If using a local device then use the default button and if you play it on your mobile device then enter the IP for your device here.

I have tested this with a local headset with the Steam version of DeoVR and an android app on my mobile phone. In both cases you need to enable the remote control checkbox in the DeoVR settings.

Since DeoVR works different and the remote API is very limited the sync works different than for MPC.
For DeoVR, Handy will sync if you hit pause or jump in the script. Thats because DeoVR needs a moment to jump to the new position. The API feedback is also quite slow.

How to play a 2D/3D video?

• Select the application path to DeoVR.exe in the player settings once.
  • Select DeoVR as player.
  • Open DeoVR and enable the remote control in the settings
  • Disable any gamepad buttons that are used by HandyControl or they will trigger twice!
  • Load the video in DeoVR
  • Load the script in HandyControl and upload it to Handy. It will connect to DeoVR. You can see the connection state in the status bar.
  • Sync the script by pressing pause, stop or by selecting a position in the heatmap.
  • Press play to have fun

If DeoVR is used locally then HandyControl will open the app and load the video itself.

The implementation is not perfect as you will notice. I will try to improve this but it takes a lot of testing time.

I think I also found a bug in DeoVR app that can happen randomly. You will notice it if you hit play and you have a delay of 1-2 seconds before DeoVR starts the video. If this happens then just reconnect to the app by pressing the video player button 2 times.

grafik

Script Navigation and Offset

Since you are blind when you wear the VR headset I have added new gamepad buttons to add features that are necessary when you cant see the application.
grafik

1. Buttons can now trigger different events depending on how long you press them (only shoulder buttons for now)
  2. The gamepad shoulder buttons can now navigate in the script by x seconds depending on the holding time. You can also skip a gap or return to the start of the script by pressing it for a long time.
  3. Pushing the right thumbstick + left and right D-pad shifts the script offset by x milliseconds.
  4. Since the new XBox controller rumble feedback is weaker than from the old controller you can increase it here.

You can now also use the spacebar to pause/continue the script.

Button mapping is something that is on my ToDo list for future releases.

Excel export

This feature now also opens Excel if you export the script or script segment to the clipboard.

Voice Support

If you own the paid version of VoiceAttack (Steam) you can now also control Handy with your voice. I have included a first profile with 63 commands in the mega download folder. It’s in german but you can translate it with help of the description to your own language. Would be nice if you can share it here so I can add it :slight_smile:

The app is quite heavy so I cant explain all the details on how this works. Just play with it and find the best audio settings for you.

The profile cant be loaded in the trial version but you can add up to 20 commands manually!

You have to change the path to HandyControl.exe in the “Setup” entry and then you need to say “Setup” to initiate all variables. It uses the command line feature of HandyControl to forward your voice commands.
grafik

This section should emulate the ABXY buttons on the gamepad. I have only added 4 but you can add as many as you like. Suffix means that you have to say this before the command: “Set 1” “Set 2”
grafik

Some words (commands) are recognised better than others so I have selected those which work better. The used words may change over time if I find better ones.

Get the app when its on sale or buy it on the website when you are from the EU. Compared to Steam it’s ~30% cheaper.

Commandline

Added new commands and improved execution to allow better support for VoiceAttack.

1. /speedup         Increases the speed by a percentage.

2. /speeddown       Decreases the speed by a percentage.

3. /strokeup        Increases the stroke lenght by a percentage.

4. /strokedown      Decreases the stroke lenght by a percentage.

5. /offsetup        Increase the sync offset for Handy (in milliseconds).

6. /offsetdown      Decrease the sync offset for Handy (in milliseconds).

7. /repeat          Enable or disable the repeat function (0/1).

Sequencer

• Stroke range limit reduced from 10% to 5% so you can create even smaller movements.
  • Stroke range limit auto-correction for images increases the stroke range automaticaly if you go below the 5% limit.

Sequencer1346887

5 Likes

This update is fantastic! I really appreciate the DeoVR integration.

I am, however, running into an odd issue that I never saw on 0.12.0.
After I use the app, every now and again, the app doesn’t boot fully. I can see handyControl in the windows10 processes and I can even see a window representing it when I alt-tab. However, I can’t see the window anywhere. Once it gets in this state, it won’t boot properly anymore.

I do have a multi-monitor setup (which sometimes gets confused when storing desired monitor location), but no matter what I try, I can’t get it to show back up.

The only way I have found to get around this is to move the unzipped handycontrol files to a new folder and then it will launch ok. However, all the settings are reset. Is the settings file stored elsewhere?

Let me know anything I can do to try to track down this issue.

That sounds weird :thinking:
I do not save windows locations in the app.

Try Win + Shift + Arrow keys in all directions. Sometimes the windows are out of the screen. You can switch it to other screens this way. Works with all windows. What if you disable the second monitor in the settings?

C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Local\HandyControl