HandyControl 1.2.3 (28.11.2021) - Added Support for Pyro (Remote Control)

@Lucifie
Is it possible to make the Scriptplayer work with audio files instead of videos?
I had ASMR in mind, but I don’t know if it’s possible without converting an audio file into a blank video and name it accordingly to a somewhat fitting (or in best case scenario custom created) script.

No, I’m using a wireless one. Good connection to the router. About 55ms ping unlimited data speeds well over 20 close to 30

Dunno if ScriptPlayer support that but in HandyControl you can also use audio files for MPC.

• mp3, wav, flac, m4a, ogg, wma

Was it the Londox Lix script (which had 35.38 seconds offset and is fixed now) or another one?

Hello, thanks for the software. Are there any plans to incorporate VLC as one of the video player choices. I like to stream from my pc to my chromecast on my tv and MPC does not offer that feature.
Thanks

I do not plan to integrate VLC right now.

Sorry, I meant HandyControl. I just called it ScriptPlayer because it plays scripts.

Is it possible to have HandyControl load scripts automatically based on what video gets loaded into MPC? I’m not sure if the feature hasn’t been implemented yet or if I’m just thick. If it doesn’t exist then I’d like to request that feature please. Thanks!

If you drop a video on HC and there is a matching script in the folder then the script is also loaded.
Droping it on MPC dont work right now. Need to have a look if that can be done.

1 Like

This is a new release for HandyControl - V1.1.1
Read the pdf documentation inside the download more detailed overview of HandyControl.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: New Features

• Chapter bookmarks can now be assigned to multiple chapters (allowing random selection).
  • Chapter bookmarks and their mapped keys are shown in tooltips and log window.
  • Chapter bookmarks increased from 4 to 8 including mapping.
  • Chapter colors can now be assigned to base heatmap colors as an option.
  • Setting to define the slider speed for the top/bottom positioning commands.
  • Setting to smooth the black speed line.
  • Marker A/B can now be directly set with F1/F2 to the current position.
  • 5 new commandline entries for chapter navigation
  • Export script as image for the Script Sequencer.
  • Auto detect matching audio file if a script is loaded.
  • Unmapped option for a gamepad command.

:cyclone: Changes

• Pressing F1/F2 longer than 500ms allows to set the marker manual as before.
  • Script Sequencer now supports larger images.
  • Script Folder Quick Load now only works for scripts within the Script Folder.

:bug: Bug Fixes

• Script Host registration for usernames with space.
  • Error when uploading scripts without selected video player path.
  • MPC showing speed -1 subtitles.
3 Likes

Eagerly awaited update!

I figured I ask this here as there must be another person with the same question. When trying to remap the controller, I am getting “the mapping cannot be changed” and shows locked at the top. How do I unlock so as to change the mapping.

This might be something very obvious but I cannot seem to find it. Thank a million :innocent:

What gamepad do you use? It works fine with my Xbox one controller.

Does it say that the gamepad is connected in the lower left corner of Handy Control? If it’s not connected you won’t be able to remap the controller. You will have to go to Settings → Gamepad → Connect Gamepad

Thanks for the quick reply!

I use an xbox one controller as well, and has worked perfectly thus far. It does show as connected at the bottom as well. I am just unable to click on the change mapping check boxes and hovering at the ‘Locked’ grid at the top says ‘The mapping cannot be changed’.

What am I missing?

Please try to change the gamepad mapping and let me know if it works for you.

For me you just have to double (or actually triple?) click on the Button or Holding:

2 Likes

Cool!

I guess that’s all there is to it. I was under the impression that the check-box to the left also needs to be ticked / checked, which I cannot seem to do. Time to do some testing the theHandy then! Thanks a lot!

The locked column just tell you that some of the commands are fixed to a button and that you can’t change it. I have just included them so you can see the used buttons.

1 Like

Completed the quick dry test!

This thing works like a charm!! Thanks a lot for implementing the slider to the top/bottom command alongside the adjustable speed! :+1: :+1: :grinning: wow - its a small QOL improvement that massively improves my ‘workflow’.

Thanks again for the great software @Lucifie !

1 Like

I would love to have bookmarks available in the funscript! There is much fun you could do with that kind of index data. For instance:

• A nicer interface on the player to skip to the scene you like.
  • All kinds of machine learning projects
  • Tune to a TAG. Just play BJ scenes of the movie. When finished, move to the next BJ scene in some other movie.
1 Like

Thank you once again! Is there still a way to remove/reduce gaps from a script?

Do you mean in the funscript or having bookmarks at all?

The chapters (bookmarks) are currently in a separate file which probably makes indexing faster since you dont have to load the script itself. I have not done a separate performance analysis yet but that would be definitive interesting.

I talked to @gagax123 before and he did not like to include all this data in the script. I also think we already modified the original funscript format too much and everyone has other ideas what to include. The chapter file is currently also in JSON format so its easy to read and if there will be a funscript format v2 one day it could be included. Who knows what will come in the next years…

Using chapters with tags would be possible. I have just not included them yet since everyone would tag them different. I know there is more that can be done so if you have any ideas let me know.