HandyControl 1.2.3 (28.11.2021) - Added Support for Pyro (Remote Control)

Oh sorry

I forget to say…
This works perfect HandyControl 1.2.1 (24.10.2021) - Fix for Firmware 3.2.

GOOD WORK!
Thanks Lucifie!!!

Trying to use the Script Local Host, and have my Handy ready (light is pulsing pink slowly), but even with turning off both my router’s and computer’s firewalls for testing, I get the following messages when checking if the Handy can reach the script host (after registering the script host and opening the host in my browser, which it does)…

Downloading the script to Handy...
Script Prepare - Error - Success False -
No such host is known
HandyControl Script Host: Closed

I refresh the host and IP list, and it shows my computer’s IP address and information about it. My router is an Xfinity xFi Gateway Gen 3.

Have you tried the buttons near the script host settings where you can test the connection?
There is a web page with information.

Yes, I mentioned registering the host, opening in a browser, etc. The host page mentions the firewall, but like I said, I turned both the router and computer firewalls off when testing it.

Have you tried to download the script from your mobile phone or another device in your network? If that is not working then your PC still is blocking the connection somewhere.

1 Like

Any possibility to update the program to take advantage of bluetooth capability for those on fw3?

Ok, this is odd, but while the button that’s supposed to check if the Handy can reach the script host hasn’t worked for me at all, even when my firewalls were turned off, I decided to try uploading a loaded script to the Handy anyways. It works. Turned on my firewalls again and made a rule as instructed, so now it’s all set up, and boy, is that local uploading fast.

1 Like

The way how they implemented BT is currently obove my skills. I hope the new socket which they are talking about is coming soon.

Are you looking for collaborators, perhaps?

For some reason I can’t choose the .exe for mpc at all, it just doesnt show up and I’m in the exact folder

Have you downloaded the version from the link in the first post? The name of the exe file is hard coded.
grafik

1 Like

That worked perfectly thank you! Before I always used the old MPC without issues so didn’t expect it to change lol

1 Like

This is a new release for HandyControl - V1.2.2
Read the pdf documentation inside the download more detailed overview of HandyControl.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: New Features

• Added a new setting to change the API v1 server adress to allow local API servers (100% offline)

See https://github.com/wnksy/HandyServer for setup information.
You also need to enable the Local Script Host in HandyControl.

wnksy has tested his server with HandyControl. On my side I am not able to change the DNS settings in my router so I can’t make use of this feature or provide any support for his application.

5 Likes

When I try to test the connection to the handy using the button in connection settings, I get an error

• Script Prepare - Exception - An invalid request URI was provided. The request URI must either be an absolute URI or BaseAddress must be set.

Im on windows 10, I’ve opened up port 80, I’ve registered the host thing and can access it on different devices. I’ve check the provided documentation for the error but cant find anything. My handy is fw 3.2# and Im using software ver 1.2.2. Anyone else have the same problem?

This will NOT work with FW3.xx. Has only been tested with FW 2.13. This is in the release notes on Github.

1 Like

A thousand thanks to the dev for your work on this little gem!

Since 1.2.2 I’ve been migrating over to HandyControl from ScriptPlayer
to take advantage of offline wifi. Took a few hours of hacking around with various bits of old hardware I had collecting dust around the place but I got there in the end.

Of course, new user implies feature request: I don’t have a gamepad so can’t skip around the video in VR. Could you please add command-line parameters to skip short/long backwards/forwards so it can be done e.g. via voice. Or even better, backwards/forwards a specifiable number of seconds ? That would be a big improvement over ScriptPlayer, which only has useless 5 second jumps.

Thanks again!

Edit: oops, one more: an option to start the Local Script Server when HandyControl starts would be useful, keep forgetting…

1 Like

Tip for HandyControl / DeoVR / Index headset: create a global window showing HandyControl on the desktop, just out of view. Then while watching a video you have access to most of the HandyControl functions by turning head and pressing the system button on the headset once to activate the pointer, again to click on the HandyControl window, and again to go back to the video when finished. Can very quickly e.g. select a new video or place in heatmap like that without needing any kind of controller.

1 Like

This is a new release for HandyControl - V1.2.3
Read the pdf documentation inside the download more detailed overview of HandyControl.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: New Features

• Added support for mobile sensor ‘Pyro (Raspberry Pi)’
    Read details on this page
  • New command line parameters /forward /backward for dynamic script navigation
  • New setting to start the HandyControl Script Host on startup
1 Like

Very (very) much appreciated! Will give it a try soon.

Edit: both work perfectly!

1 Like

Hi, many thanks for this great Software! Not sure if anyone asked already or/and i just missed it, but is it possible to create a Playlist in Handy Control?

1 Like