Help with scriptplayer

@g90ak The upscaled video plays fine with vlc player (and looks great!), but I’m not getting sound when I play it through ScriptPlayer.

@Liquid Is there something I can adjust in ScriptPlayer to fix this?

Not really - I just use the media player component that comes with windows. You could try different codec-packs perhaps

1 Like

Here’s the audio codec info of the file:

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
Duration : 30 min 33 s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 128 kb/s
Maximum bit rate : 491 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 28.0 MiB (1%)
Language : English

1 Like

@Liquid @g90ak
Thanks for the response guys.
Please excuse my ignorance, but what am I supposed to do with the information you both have provided? Is there something I should download? I’m not sure what it means to “try different codec packs.”

Different videos are saved in different formats. I’m sure you’ve seen extensions like avi, mp4, mpeg, etc. but the video and audio parts within the file can be “encoded” by a variety of different “codecs”. Some are better for high quality content, others significantly reduce the file size, etc…

There are huge bundles of those codecs called “codec packs” that contain an abundance of those codecs and should help you with loading video/audio files.

If you don’t have any codec packs installed yet, I’d suggest installing one of these any see if that helps:

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to explain that.

Something I just discovered that might be relevant is that this video also doesn’t play sound when opened in Windows Media Player. From the list of codec packs you provided I downloaded K-Lite full and LAV-filters but didn’t have success. I wanted to download the media feature pack for Windows N but my version of Windows was not listed. Should I try one of them anyway? The website for CCCP doesn’t seem to be working. Same for the support page from VRP

Oh, seems like that’s gone :frowning_face:

You may want to run a codec cleaner and start fresh with lav-filters or ffdshow.

1 Like

Is there a safe codec cleaner you could recommend? I have the Codec Tweak tool from k-lite but I don’t understand it. I’ve clicked “Fixes” but it didn’t seem to do anything.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.